UD clapton wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayerr

Nov 7, 2014
Ontario
Hey guys. I have some UD clapton wire coming in the mail along with one hit wonder e liquid bundle and a subtank mini. I have never tried fancy coils or anything. I always do just simple dual coils with 24 or 22 gauge. But I wanted to try clapton coils. The UD premade clapton wire is 26 claptoned with 32 I think. Has anyone tried this wire? Whats a good build with it. I was thinking of doing maybe 6 wraps on 3 mm. I like clouds so I wish it was 24gauge to be lower resistance but oh well

NotInAGang

Sep 2, 2015
Bozeman, Montana
I love the UD Clapton; it's very versatile, reliable, and mine came clean after a dry burn or two. I find it's perfect for when you want to do a more complex build with Clapton wire but don't have a drill or the patience to make it yourself. For instance, I just did a double twisted wrap with that and two 24g nichrome wires, 3 wraps on a 3/8" bit, clocking in at 0.09ohms. Their wire is great for super sub ohming.

Last edited:

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I tried this wire, the guy at the vape shop just gave me a foot or so. I don't see the huge benefit. It is relatively easy to use and wrap. The outside diameter of a coil is greatly enhanced due to the thickness of the wire itself, so you have to have a roomy build deck. There is a ramp up time that can be compensated for with high Wattage, but the cool down time is just as much of a killer.

My 2 cents, glad I didn't buy it, and I most likely wont.

CloudOFsmoke

Sep 15, 2015
I have some and love it. It was an impulse buy at a B&M when I was out of town.
Coils very easily and burns great. Those complaining abound ramp up must not be giving it enough power. Its not a low wattage wire. I run 80w for a 5 wrap single coil. For doubles, its gotta be 100w+.

I wouldnt do anything fancy out of the gate. One thing to make sure of is cutting the legs. If you have a deck that has a propencity of cutting, dont use this. It will jack it up and wont fire right. My mutation x V3 is a great example. Cant run this wire cause it always seems to cut the legs and short it out. As long as you can get some solid connections, youll be fine. 6 wraps might be a bit much depending on your deck. 2 post would be fine. In you have a 3 or 4 post design you could run out of room fairly quick.

pls0138

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
New Jersey
I have a bunch of the UD twisted wire including the clapton and love them all. Easy to work with and more even and consistent than wired I twisted myself. I have it in my Freakshow Mini at the moment, Four spaced wraps, 1/8" ID, 0.6 ohm.

Attachments

• 084.jpg
    084.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread