1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

UK Ecig Company Formally Challenges Tobacco Products Directive

Discussion in 'EU Legislation' started by AgentAnia, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AgentAnia

AgentAnia Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    This just in: UK electronic cigarette company formally challenges Tobacco Products Directive : EU Reporter

2. Anjaffm

Anjaffm Dragon Lady ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    YES! YES! YESSSSSS!!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
    (and you beat me to it, AgentAnia ;) )

3. AndriaD

AndriaD ECF Guru & Tootle Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    That's certainly good news, perhaps for all of vaper-dom. But I can't help but feel that some of the traditional insularity of the US may apply when the FDA is considering their ill-advised "deeming" -- a sort of "well that's fine for THEM..." attitude. *sigh* As if nothing that happens in the rest of the world has anything at all to do with US (double meaning intended!). Because haven't there already been some excellent studies RE: the relative safety of e-cigs done in the UK? Which seem to cut no ice with the ANTZ's "for the chiiiiildren" histrionics.

Andria

4. AgentAnia

AgentAnia Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Andria, I think one major point to consider is that the FDA is surely going to be following this case with interest, given that if they (FDA) proceed with the ecig regulations as proposed, legal challenges will surely follow in this country as well, and they know it.

FYI and BTW, Totally Wicked also sells in the US. I'm going to make a point of giving them some of my business, on principle.

5. AndriaD

AndriaD ECF Guru & Tootle Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Excellent point, but I still have to really wonder if there's anyone at the FDA capable of tying their shoes, let alone considering repercussions. :D

I agree, and I may have to do the same, just to show support for a vendor with GUMPTION! :D :thumbs:

Andria

6. trouble1000

trouble1000 PV Master of Valinor Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Way to go TW, I've got a soft spot for them too. They were the first company I bought my DIY mixing gear from, helped take my vaping to the next level :D

I knew some of the larger UK companies would mount legal challenges, just wasn't sure when. So thanks for the heads up AgentAnia :)

7. aikanae1

aikanae1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Didn't TW play a major role in a legal challenge in the UK before - and win?

I was surprised to read eGMP's hadn't been develop since there's a transcript of a shareholders meeting on the day deeming was published where both the CEO and CFO (Lloriand) talked about the fact they had been working on eGMP's for 2 years already. I saved it because it sounded so suspicious then.

8. Bill Godshall

Bill Godshall Executive Director
    Smokefree Pennsylvania
    ECF Veteran

Supporting member
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.