• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Uk forum dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Lincolnshire, UK
I went to a local vape shop to ask about what will be available after the TPD crack down and they say that most coils will be available, certainly the ones for the most popular devices. I have Kanga, Crown and Smok tanks and they think all coils for them will be sold in the UK.

I had a look at the new 2ml tanks and i was told we will be able to buy extensions for them to get them back up to whatever size we want!

All the juice bottles were 10ml in the new stock but they are selling packs of 3, 5 or 10 for around the same price you'd pay for a relevant bottle now.

The biggest change in that place, which sells DIY stuff, is the pure nicotine. The shots of nicotine that you can add to a mixed base make DIY a lot more expensive.

All hardware packaging will need a sticker on it that says it contains nicotine which is odd so they are having to sell all their mods as well as over sized tanks

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
All hardware packaging will need a sticker on it that says it contains nicotine which is odd so they are having to sell all their mods as well as over sized tanks
They told you wrong there. Mods & batteries are not affected by TPD.

On the subject of coils: Coils for bigger tanks should stay available in the UK (as again, they are not affected by TPD), as long as the manufacturers are making them. However, how long they make them for is in question. When a chunk of the worldwide market as big as the EU is buying new 2ml tanks, will it be worth their while continuing to produce coils for tanks they can't sell there?

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Lincolnshire, UK
I can't find anything on the packaging of mods but the shop owner seemed pretty sure. He showed me the same mod in it's new compliant packaging and one in the packaging we know. He thinks he won't be able to sell the non-compliant packaged mods after TPD comes in to affect.

Some of the new 2ml tanks have been designed to use current coils i was told and extension kits will be on offer to get them back to their original size. I can't see how that is going to work on the tanks with enormous coils though like the Smok TF series tanks.

Highwayman

May 24, 2017
A friend of mine still purchases higher volume (2ml+) tanks from china, well 2 that i know of, and he assures me the clones of bigger tanks and drippers are still easily (subject to postage times) obtained.

I guess its just about looking in the right places for them.

I have a question:
Aside from closing stores for breaching TPD sales, how will they police this?

I could quite easily ask a vape shop if they, "have anything out back [emoji6]"

As if any vaper would 'dob' a shop in for illegal sales of products. So would they (Gov) hire guys to sting/ask vape shop owners this? Wouldnt it be entrapment? Im still confuzzled as to why some miserable old men and women in power want to slam vapers for the idiocy of careless vapers whom left their high nic juices out for children or pets to swig!

Education and COSHH would surely help, so why not teach people the correct way to do things...?

Maybe its just me, an engineer who works as a H+S advisor :/

Sorry for revival :s
Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Richard-D
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread