**ULTIMATE DREAM MOD, becoming reality. . . What's important to you, the requirements for your greatest mod ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
I like that one vapero! I was thinking I've seen something similar then I read turbos post.

I'm definitely a fan of the sxj board, leaps and bounds ahead of the rest, imo. It's a huuugebioch tho. It takes up as much room as a battery (18650).

in my feeders there's currently a little bit of room between the bottle and the battery. I'd reduce that, tighten it up, moving the battery forward, towards the bottle, and extend the mod about 8mm so it wouldn't be wider, just longer. With the board vertically inserted into the palm end of the mod. Button could be at an angle.

Reactions: keepsmiling

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
1af689ffe2876c2845618516ea8f3c27.jpg

It's a big board for sure, just the charging board is as big as a dna board, definitely won't be using the charging board...

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
With the board it would be a single 18650, without the board im thinking about a dual 18650, prallel. The board would be embedded in a piece of something , prolly g10, (strong like hard plastic but comes in a million designs, colors etc, its really easy to machine, super durable) vertically in the back of the mod, where your palm is, with up\down buttons and usb, power button may be at an angle above or just flat like the squonkers now.

Last edited:

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Making a mod with 2 cells and a board and a bottle is just going to be too big, remember, the addition of a board is like adding another battery ... it's thick... having a bottle on board as well makes for a big mod. i dont like big mods...

Having the ability to go past 60w is cool for sure but you need two cells and temperature control is only good to 60w anyways..... If you go higher it reverts to normal, no temperature control mode. It's a give / take situation. ...If you want power you go for the mech, thats always been the case, if you want temp control you go with the board and your prolly not going to be looking for max power anyways, you just can't have both ... the features defeat each other.... that been said, most people really are good running 60 or less watts.

I haven't been able to run a board yet , maybe tomorroy prolly a couple days, I'm not going to just get a board up and running to see how it works I'm gonna work on the mod and when it comes together well see.... I know that vaping temp control at 40w on a dna board is ok but I prefer a little more power. I'm hoping the additional power from the j board will be enough...

Last edited:

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
So can there be a squonker with the SX350J or a similar chip ( I'm not really that sold on temp seems still too fiddly and not entirely ready) in it to run up to 60w with one 18650 battery and be a reasonable size ?

With the firing button on the edge- not the top or the wider sides - its a rectangle or rectangularish shape , away from the 510 connection.
The display on the same edge side as the fire button.
Magnets on the doors to access battery and tank , or a screw cap with a big groove you can open with your nail , though not entirely necessary.
Tank size I don't know ,,, 5ml at least ,, perhaps.
I do like the sound of the modes on that SX350J chip - the soft-standard-powerful , don't know if only that chip has that or not.
Oh need some buttons for changing the watts , they can be on the same edge side as the fire button and display.
Material , well I don't know what feasible , so would look at what is then decide.

Yeah bud we're on the same page, magnets arnt going to happen however.. i don think...they just dont hold the top on well enough, besides preformance, durability is paramount. i want to be able to throw it on the ground and not worry that its going to open up and transform into a pile of pieces. I know its a little bit inconvenient, but I can hold my breath and swap a battery at the same time, and i cant hold my breath very long. it may seem like a big deal but if i think its worth it. How do you fell about that? Its something that i hear a lot, but i never hear complaints from anyone whos had one for a while. i may be able to get away with it in a mod with a board but even if it worked well, I don't think it would pass the drop test so im on the the fence about it a little. . . I do include an onboard wrench to pull the cap, so you dont have to worry about never having one or having to carry one separate, I think thats prety cool.

Thanks for the input everyone, much appreciated!

i like the display on the side but i think im gonna go with it on the backside, only one way to find out. i am however entertaining the idea of putting a plug into the bottom. for the battery you will have to remove the top to fill but for a battery you can just unscrew the plug, ...still in the works. .. looking forward to your input.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Tbev, watching this thread with a lot of interest. An SX350J squonker? Yes please.

I understand your reasoning for not wanted the magnets but gotta say I don't really like the bottom screw cap like the SX Mini has. Granted, you said a plug and you may mean something different but the screw cap is the only issue I have with my SX Mini. Its caused tears in about four batteries for me. Maybe its just me and I have tried to be much more careful since those incidents. Just throwing that out there. Again really looking forward to this and hopefully it comes to fruition and I can acquire one.

Reactions: Tbev

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Yeah bud we're on the same page, magnets arnt going to happen however.. i don think...they just dont hold the top on well enough, besides preformance, durability is paramount. i want to be able to throw it on the ground and not worry that its going to open up and transform into a pile of pieces. I know its a little bit inconvenient, but I can hold my breath and swap a battery at the same time, and i cant hold my breath very long. it may seem like a big deal but if i think its worth it. How do you fell about that? Its something that i hear a lot, but i never hear complaints from anyone whos had one for a while. i may be able to get away with it in a mod with a board but even if it worked well, I don't think it would pass the drop test so im on the the fence about it a little. . . I do include an onboard wrench to pull the cap, so you dont have to worry about never having one or having to carry one separate, I think thats prety cool.

i like the display on the side but i think im gonna go with it on the backside, only one way to find out. i am however entertaining the idea of putting a plug into the bottom. for the battery you will have to remove the top to fill but for a battery you can just unscrew the plug, ...still in the works. .. looking forward to your input.

I will go along with Tom here on magnets. I don't see how they would work on a Tmod. These are mods made from a solid block of metal and are pretty stout. I have two (and another on the way) and the battery switch is really easy. I have hand issues and can still swap out the battery pretty quick. And if I'm not at home to use my torx driver, Tom has designed it with a little driver built right in the bottom that you can pull out [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Tbev, watching this thread with a lot of interest. An SX350J squonker? Yes please.

I understand your reasoning for not wanted the magnets but gotta say I don't really like the bottom screw cap like the SX Mini has. Granted, you said a plug and you may mean something different but the screw cap is the only issue I have with my SX Mini. Its caused tears in about four batteries for me. Maybe its just me and I have tried to be much more careful since those incidents. Just throwing that out there. Again really looking forward to this and hopefully it comes to fruition and I can acquire one.
I appreciate the heads up on the wraps getting cut...and your opinioms, thanks bud.

I'm working on it, I'm doing a pretty rough version right now then I'm gonna see how much smaller/tighter I can make it. 10ml, 18650, sx350j, it will squonk just as well drain just as well as my mechs and it's not going to be much bigger, I'm more tty excited about this board tbh. I'm not sure it's going to have the power I'm used too but it's gonna be a tight little feeder!

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia

I wasn't really that sold on magnets , just something.
If Im holding a rectangularish mod then on top is the atty and fire button be on one of the thin sides. So a display under the fire button would be ok, but not on the opposite side as my fingers would be covering it. Suppose it could be on one of the wider sides.
Oh but if its a squonker then would need it on same side as fire button as my fingers are covering the other side and my hand would be covering the wider right side.

Hmmm this is a lot easier when choosing from pictures :eek:

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
I'd have to make the mod 00.2in wider and longer for the 26650's and at that point you may as well use a 15ml bottle. Just like the mechs, it's not a lot but it is bigger. I'm only doing the 18650's then I'm gonna sihtcan these cells and do a lipo mod, I want to do it wit the board and one with a mosfet button, that will be a 7.4v mod. I would prefer to have that myself but I dunno if people will want it... and I don't have the time to keep pumping out a bunch of different versions ya know..

IF I ran the j board and a lipo, the 7.47.4v it would have the board facing out the side, the lipo will be on the side of the board and it will be a little thicker, prolly like 0.2in. . . so at that point I'd run a 15ml bottle.

Yeah anything with the board is going to have an electronic button, it looks just the same, actually it's 3/8 instead of 1/2 in in diameter, but it fires the button on the board, I cut it off the board, it's separate, extend the wires, which is a huge pain in the assss, and run it so the button is on top just like they are now.

I also tried magnets to hold the lid on and it's not worth a siht, i# even with 4 big strong magnets it's not like holding a door on a box, it makes for a bad connection, it won't align or stay streight, causes a huge gap, and it's not secure like it is with screws, it just sucks, screws are way better. I decided\cconfirmed that a few hours ago waste of a little time.

Reactions: Doffy

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So what you're saying is that a single 26650 mod would be about the same size as one using the lipo?? 15ml bottle in either one. Ok if you did a 26650 and a 10ml bottle with the sx350 it would basically be the same dimensions as the 26650 mech with a 15ml bottle?? Am I understanding this correctly??

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
The thing is that if you go 26650 it adds width, so you may as well go with the 15ml bottke, you don't save any room by putting a 10ml bottle with a 26650, it's gotta be wide enough for the cell already.

If I do the lipo and the board it's going to be arranged different, bottle then chip and lipo chip n lipo are Bach to back facing the side, all other configurations are in line like the mechs with the screen on the board facing backwards. with the lipo the screen is facing one side or the other, making it predominantly one handed or the other which is something I don't like.

Reactions: Doffy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread