Ummmm....yeah.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
TBH I did the exact opposite with my kid. I kinda think kids need spaces for their own music, so I very carefully did not admit that I enjoyed his rap music at ALL until he was an adult, LOL. So it's not painful though usually in the car I'm like, "Poor driver, no music." But, if the kid wanted to go to a concert, I would so go with him! That part is excellent. Kiddo got to pick his tunes, and I got to enjoy new genres of music....

That said, if he EVER listened to THAT rap, I'd ground him. He's an adult, but if he ever played THAT in my presence, I would figure out a way to ground him, LOL. Fortunately, the kid has taste.... :)

Anna

Oh, by the way, I don't know if you've heard Lauryn Hill rap before. She may be crazy and I don't agree with her politics but the woman is undeniably talented. Here's an old one. The words on the screen don't actually match up perfectly with what she is saying but they are pretty close:

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
Okay, here it is, for those too afraid to look for it...

Click on it. Do it. DOOO IT!!!

It's not really that bad.
It's got a kind of catchy chorus.

Smoking is dead.
vaping is the future and the future is now.
Now. Now. Now.

Kind of a stretch to call it rap though.
It really doesn't fit any kind of music genre.
:laugh:

OH no i have watched that guy before i already know what to expect...the end result will be the same for me, somebody please call an exorcist!! that boy has got some really self destructive demons going on. He does things to my brain that i can't undo for a day or two. It's like a really bad dream

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
L.H. is pretty nuts but talented yeah. I kind of like the nut job rappers. I mean, you can't deny Kanye West was a musical genius (though he can neither sing nor rap, honestly, but he makes it work...) and I haven't heard much from him other than he got institutionalized for a while.... Eminem (adorably nuts). A lot of them just HAVE to be :) Nature of the beast.

Anna

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
L.H. is pretty nuts but talented yeah. I kind of like the nut job rappers. I mean, you can't deny Kanye West was a musical genius (though he can neither sing nor rap, honestly, but he makes it work...) and I haven't heard much from him other than he got institutionalized for a while.... Eminem (adorably nuts). A lot of them just HAVE to be :) Nature of the beast.

Anna

She has a truly beautiful singing voice too.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Maybe you guys will like this rap better.. The storm has arrived. Cracks me up !

I've watched several of his videos. The main guy wanted to be a weatherman at one time so the 'storm' motif made me chuckle. I was able to actually listen to this. They kicked Rip's...how do you do the censored emoticon?

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I've watched several of his videos. The main guy wanted to be a weatherman at one time so the 'storm' motif made me chuckle. I was able to actually listen to this. They kicked Rip's...how do you do the censored emoticon?
: censored : Remove the spaces. :).

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Whew! I made it back guys... I went in dismally unprepared for what I was about to face. I intended to just watch a couple of seconds of it, puke, then shut it off. content to sulk back into my hole and lick my wounds. Unfortunately Fate would not let me go that easily...

latest

I began the video and immediately felt queezy. I had decided I had had enough after he "spit out" the third or so line. I grabbed my mouse and tried to move the cursor up to the back button on my browser. When I clicked the button the back icon lit up but Firefox did not back up a page as it should. I realized my browser had frozen leaving me to watch with horror RIP's nonsensical and cat calling "dope rhymes!" My browser mocking me all the while...

Fearing my sanity (and because I began to drool and I could feel the left side of my face sliding down ever so slightly) I decided to go behind my desk and snatch the power cord out of the wall to make the pain stop!

Sweet peace! I was back in the real world or whatever you call this world we are in now... My nausea was subsiding, and I could feel my face tightening back up. I could think clearly again, so I decided to plug my computer back in and try to clear my head of the pain I just endured... I started You Tube again and decided if anything could clear my head it would be Anthrax and Public Enemy's "Bring tha Noize"!

I brought it with me in case it might help someone else. Please stay away for your own good people! Stay Away!!!

Last edited:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
For all of us who made it through it....we deserve this. To me, this is, hands down, the best live performance of any song...ever. Not my genre...but talent is talent. I hope you watch it...

To see a crowd of their peers react like this is truly amazing.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
For all of us who made it through it....we deserve this. To me, this is, hands down, the best live performance of any song...ever. Not my genre...but talent is talent. I hope you watch it...

This one deserves more than just a like. Thank you for sharing this one :wub:

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium

I'm not at all a religious person but I love this rendition. She's a powerful singer.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Susan Boyle hits the notes well

I've heard several women do that song she did on that talent show with incredible skill. It's impressive. But Anne Hathaway will rip your heart out and throw it on the floor if you let her...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread