Unboxing the PowerPal M402

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urban Nightmare

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2010
Wainwright, AB, Canada
Hello everyone. I'm only a week (started 1/15/2010) into vaping. I started with a CleanSmoke free trial (yes I know see my other posts:) and by Tuesday of this week I had another free e-cig my neighbour gave me (I think its a 103 but not sure). I had ordered last Monday a PowerPal M402 Deluxe from electronic-cigz.com. Mostly because he's in Canada so no need to deal with customs.

First off the contents of the box:

2 - 402 auto batts
2 - attys
5 - empty carts with tea bag mod
1 - wall charger (120v to usb)
1 - PCC for a 402
1 - 30ml your flavour Crystal Liquid

The first pic is of the box just after taking it out of the envelop it came in. I really like the looks of it. Magnetic snap on the front and the cardboard is heavy and thick. The second pic is just a shot with the lid open. The PCC is right on the top. Under the PCC is the 5 carts and 1 charger. Number 4 is the open carts box. The carts themselves are sealed. Number 5 is the charger.

You'll have to wait for the last four pics in another post.

Attachments

• DSC01944.jpg
    DSC01944.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC01945.jpg
    DSC01945.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC01946.jpg
    DSC01946.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC01947.jpg
    DSC01947.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC01948.jpg
    DSC01948.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 150

Urban Nightmare

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2010
Wainwright, AB, Canada
As promised the next three pics. I know I said 4 in the last post but there was a dupe. Sorry.

So the first one is of the PCC with one battery in the charging spot, one full battery, atty and protective cart and the spare atty with protective cart.

The final two are of the complete e-cig with the Ultra and PowerPal logos. I had to turn off the atty a bit to get the logos to line up like that.

I filled a cart with the supplied Crystal liquid and pull the battery out of the charger, slapped an atty on it and boom! Wow was there ever a lot of vapor on that. Second drag was the same. My wife thought I brought a smoke machine home from work. Then the third was almost nothing. Turns out I had pushed the inner part of the cart to far down and it was running dry. You have to remember this is only my second real e-cig. The clena smoke doesn't count as you can't easily refill those carts. After fiddling around with it for a half hour I had the thing vaping like there was no tomorrow. This thing is really nice. Lots of vapor and good throat hit, feels nice and light in the hand, and cool green LED. I'm loving this thing.

I tried out the other two bottles of liquid I have. One is a black cherry and the other is tobacco. Both of them are not Crystal but from a reputable dealer. The tobacco one produces a not bad vapor and the black cherry has vapor but after an inhale the exhale has nothing. I'm not sure why this is but really thats not all bad. I mention this because I've been using my other 103 at work all week with the same results with those two liquids. I didn't mind to much as it allowed me to do it at my desk and not have everyone freak out. The Crystal in the 103 did have a bit more vapor but not as much as the 402.

So at the moment I'm waiting for the second battery to charge up so I can use it again. I've already burned through the first battery which I assume was fully charged as when I pushed the button to charge it, it said it was done. I may have to get my hands on a 401 with the slightly bigger battery so I can get a longer go out of it.

Thanks everyone. Any questions I'll be around all night:)

Attachments

• DSC01949-2.jpg
    DSC01949-2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC01954-2.jpg
    DSC01954-2.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC01955-2.jpg
    DSC01955-2.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 121

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008

Urban Nightmare

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2010
Wainwright, AB, Canada
About the only difference is this one comes with two batteries and two atomizers and a 30 ml bottle of juice. Looking at that page you posted the only thing that has me worried is the 4-7 recharges of the battery. I could go through that this weekend! Might have to find a USB pass through.

CaptSpaulding1000

Jan 12, 2010
Canada
since i can not start new threads I will post this here. I also ordered a M402 PPC kit from Sean at electronic-cigz.com and I have to say this has been the best customer service I have ever received. I talked to Sean on the phone twice and sent many emails back and forth. Anyone in Canada looking for a place to start there ecig adventure try Sean at electronic-cigz.com. wow I am sorry if i sound like an infomercial but the service was top notch.

elitexero

Jan 19, 2010
Ottawa
since i can not start new threads I will post this here. I also ordered a M402 PPC kit from Sean at electronic-cigz.com and I have to say this has been the best customer service I have ever received. I talked to Sean on the phone twice and sent many emails back and forth. Anyone in Canada looking for a place to start there ecig adventure try Sean at electronic-cigz.com. wow I am sorry if i sound like an infomercial but the service was top notch.

I had my reservations based on the layout of his site, but thanks for the information, I'll likely be buying the powerpal from him in the near future :)

Preston Girl

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Cambridge, Ontario, CANADA
That is the only thing wrong with e-cig's is the refilling of carts. For me at the moment its always messy. I'm coming up with a cart mod that I'll post pics for that I hope will help with this. Just give me a couple of more days to get it down to a science.

I swear by Sean's product and service. He's the best. But like you, I can't quite get the knack of refilling carts. I get the vapour but no good TH. I really think that the frustration in cart filling is holding me back from completely swearing off analogs. It's too easy to just light one up.

For all of us M4xx users......PLEASE POST SOON !!

Urban Nightmare

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2010
Wainwright, AB, Canada
I sometimes get a really good TH but not every time. Haven't quite figured out whats different when I do. In the past week I've only had a few analogs so I'm not doing to bad in that department.

So far I've tried using PTB that came with the carts, pillow filling, regular stuff that comes with empty carts, fluval from pet store and just last night the blue foam from the pet store. Out of all of these the best is the blue foam. I've noticed that I can empty a cart of all liquid leaving the foam almost dry. The PTB wasn't bad but I had to top off all the time to keep the vapor going. Now with the blue foam when the vapor stops its because its really empty.

I've got no complaints with Sean. Every time I've placed an order its in the mail the next business day if not sooner. Now we just need Canada Post to speed things up. Sean dropped it in the mail on Feb 1 and I paid for 3 day shipping. That mean it should be in my mail box today but the tracking still says its in Ontario. Like I say, not Sean's fault just wish CP would deliver faster.

sentrarob

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
yahoo.com
I swear by Sean's product and service. He's the best. But like you, I can't quite get the knack of refilling carts. I get the vapour but no good TH. I really think that the frustration in cart filling is holding me back from completely swearing off analogs. It's too easy to just light one up.

For all of us M4xx users......PLEASE POST SOON !!

I found the best way to fill or refill the carts is with a syringe and fill from the bottom up:)

Urban Nightmare

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2010
Wainwright, AB, Canada
I hate to say it but I almost never use my 40x and 602 any more. I picked up a silver bullet from Sean a few weeks ago and haven't looked back.

On my 40x carts I'm using the blue foam mod and have found it to work the best. The key thing is to make sure the foam is just slightly (like a millimeter) bigger around then the inside of the cart. If you make it to small it seems to flood the atty to easily. I also usually remove the filler and pat it dry with some paper towel and then refill the cart with out the filler. Once it gets withing a few drops from the top I stuff the blue foam back in. One more drop on top of that and I'm vaping away. This has worked for me on my 510 carts and 40x carts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread