underestimated the steeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

erazzz

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
New Mexico
So I bought buttercream mint as one of my first flavors. Did not like it. Really bland and flavorless, no mint flavor, just a slight sweetness to it.

So I put it away for awhile, shook it everyday for two weeks, lots of time uncapped. But I figured it was a lost cause. If I didn't remotely like it out of the box, I didn't think it would really change after steeping.

Picked it up today thinking "eh, why not" filled my tank a little, gave it a go. WOW! Nothing like it was out of the box! I taste the butter, the cream, the mint, taste just like the candies!!!! After a few puffs I filled up my tank all the way, this one is a winner!

Lesson learned, steep, steep, STEEP!! Any other flavors that require lots of steeping?

Gjuice73

Jan 11, 2014
North Carolina
So I had someone on another forum ask why I uncapped e liquid to steep, saying that after 12 hours e liquids would start to lose their flavor? Has anyone else heard this? (I usually so it just overnight but have left them as long as 24 hours)

I have read/heard that too and that they will loose their nicotine strength too if uncapped for more than 12-24 hrs. Not sure if it's all true, but it makes sense and I can see it happening.

erazzz

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
New Mexico
I don't think nicotine evaporates at room temp like alcohol does. At least, to my knowledge.

I leave mine uncapped for 12-16hours. The Buttercream mint I find very alcoholy and sometimes have to leave it uncapped overnight for 2 days to really get it all out. I find no flavor loss, only a ton of gains after I steeped it!

Bought Vanilla Blackberry Swirl and Buttercream mint again today at the B&M. Going to let both air out tonight and then steep them for the next 2 weeks. I was tempted to try Strawberry Granita or Strawberry Shortcake, might go back for those after I read the reviews on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread