Status
Not open for further replies.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
My purchase from the most recent batch that was made available on 10-31-13 should be in tomorrows’ mail.
So for the now, I offer up my thoughts on the previous batch, from 10-7-13.

I primarily vape unflavored, currently my all day vape is 36mg unflavored VG.
I identified myself as one being in need of the WTA's to keep from using cigarettes years ago and to that end I augment my vaping with regular use of snus and snuff.
The bottle from the previous batch represents my first use of WTA Unflavored from Aroma.

Light amber color with a light woody or nut-like smell in the bottle.
My wife detects no room note when it is vaped.

Initially I only dripped it onto a 510 atty, generally with the morning coffee and then again in the evening to unwind from the work-a-day.
The softening of emotional edges, feeling of well being is readily felt after 10 or so draws from the PV.
The wood taste is faint but noticeable. I do like the taste!

The past 2 weeks I have taken to adding 0.5ml to 10ml of my usual 36mg VG.
Used in this fashion the efficacy is evident to me in that my average use of 3ml's per day of my regular liquid has dropped to about 2ml per day. Number of snus portions used per day has dropped off as well.
The unique taste can still be discerned, but only just.

Again though, will there be cookies?

Last edited:

homeprogreen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Sonora CA
So I just received a bottle from this latest release and tried it comparing to the previous release. Both releases were sampled in a smok Octopus dripper built to 1.7ohms and fired up at 8 watts

In this release I didn't notice the slight woody flavor notes that the last release had. Not a bad thing it's just I kind of liked that.

This release seems thicker then the last release. Still has nice amber color

This release seems more Unflavored then last release if that makes any sense to anybody again not a bad thing it's just I did enjoy the slight hints of flavor in the last couple of releases

But the important thing is that compared to the other releases I get the same sense of calm and satisfaction from this release compared to the others

Oh and before I forget this is for OTD
image.jpg

Freefall_Doug

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I received mine yesterday as well.

It sat in the cold mailbox all day so it was thick upon first opening.

I gave it a light run under hot water in the faucet to try to bring it to room temperature.

As far as flavor goes I love it. Very light, it has a very light earthy or woody taste. This is dripping in a regular 510 atomizer, 2 ohms, on a regular ego-t battery. Bare bones, no bells and whistles.

It was suprisingly smooth with next to no lung or throat hit. My flavored WTA's have way more throat hit which I attribute to the PG %, I actually don't like much if any throat hit, but I was suprised that at 24mg there wasn't still some throat hit.

Consistency still seems weird after sitting the night getting back to room temp. Maybe I need to shake it more, but it almost feels like there is a thicker portion of VG near the top of the bottle, and the thinner portion near the bottom. How thick should this batch really be? Maybe I need to shake it a lot more to get it to full mix. It feels interesting putting the dropper into the bottle, you can feel the viscosity of the juice near the top/neck of the bottle.

Either way it left me relaxed and happy with the purchase.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
My purchase from the most recent batch, AE1113-15 came in the mail on 11-7-13.

When compared to the previous batch, AE1013-15, the amber color is quite a bit darker but the woody, nut-like smell, while still present, is fainter then the previous one.
This new batch is noticeably thicker.

Being thicker it really lends itself to dripping for me. The nutty taste is almost completely absent from the vape, for use as DIY this is prolly a good thing but I can't help but miss it all the same.

As for the efficacy of the WTA content, a few days use would be more telling but from the 10 hits or so I've taken over the past 15 minutes I have the sense it'll be just fine!

beachroadbum

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2013
ok spent about about three straight hours enjoying it with brand new ikenvape io6 atomizer on provari 5.0 watts...saturated that atomizer and bam puffed away...fantastic...but I am an american spirit organic full strength smoker hopeful soon x smoker...to me it was a stale tobacco taste closer to marlboro...would it be possible to freshen up the beautiful tobacco subtlety...like those organic american spirits?

-beachbum

beachroadbum

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2013
ok so wow...got in on this most recent batch...arrived today...smoking it pure with provari ikenvape 2.5ohm io6 ato...whew dog...the stale tobacco taste is gone from the last batch...and this smoke is so nice...bit sweeter but still fullness...i could seriously smoke this all darn day by itself! congrats and keep it up!!!
one super pumped fan!

-beachbum

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Saw this thread and just thought I'd drop in and learn something about "WTA's". Wish I hadn't. I smoked for 31 years, quit for 14, started again for 2, and have completely quit since discovering vaping 3½ months ago. But never in my life have I heard of anything as disgusting, pathetic, and disheartening (vaping wise), as what's in this thread.

Why don't ya'll just slow cook some pipe tobacco and inject it directly in your bloodstream. It couldn't be any worse than the stories here.

best regards, larry mac

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Saw this thread and just thought I'd drop in and learn something about "WTA's". Wish I hadn't. I smoked for 31 years, quit for 14, started again for 2, and have completely quit since discovering vaping 3½ months ago. But never in my life have I heard of anything as disgusting, pathetic, and disheartening (vaping wise), as what's in this thread.

Why don't ya'll just slow cook some pipe tobacco and inject it directly in your bloodstream. It couldn't be any worse than the stories here.

best regards, larry mac

Was that really necessary. I normally just read posts in this thread but after reading this, I wonder why you bothered unless you just wanted to get a rise. Let me try to explain something. Believe it or not, nicotine is not the only reason people can't get off cigarettes. For some of us, all vaping did was cause us to chain vape until our next cigarette. That was me.

It took over 6 months when I found myself slipping back to full blown smoking. Fortunately, I found Swedish snus and 3 years 9 months ago I had my last drag on a cigarette. That worked for me. It isn't the answer for others. WTA offers another alternative and a pretty darn good one for some. You're only 3 1/2 months on your latest quit. Temper, it almost sounds like you want a cigarette. Rant over, at ease.

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
Was that really necessary. I normally just read posts in this thread but after reading this, I wonder why you bothered unless you just wanted to get a rise. Let me try to explain something. Believe it or not, nicotine is not the only reason people can't get off cigarettes. For some of us, all vaping did was cause us to chain vape until our next cigarette. That was me.

It took over 6 months when I found myself slipping back to full blown smoking. Fortunately, I found Swedish snus and 3 years 9 months ago I had my last drag on a cigarette. That worked for me. It isn't the answer for others. WTA offers another alternative and a pretty darn good one for some. You're only 3 1/2 months on your latest quit. Temper, it almost sounds like you want a cigarette. Rant over, at ease.

Roth,

Thank you so much for your post. I was going to delete that post because it seemed like a little trolly (not sure on spelling). Your insight and input about WTA is highly valued. Maybe that previous poster should take time to read a little more about WTA and learn what its about.

Last edited:

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
Larry Mac,

Thanks for illustrating that one doesn't have to have the vaguest clue about something to have a strong opinion about it. It's kind of the American way, at the very least, it appears to be your way. :)

Best regards, DVap

P.S. Speaking of slow cooking pipe tobacco, there's a product for that already, "Naturally Extracted Tobacco". You won't find it here, but trust me, you'll love it.

[/SARCASM]

Last edited:

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
I didn't realize this thread was different from the main forum threads. I'm not a troll. I'm just someone who discovered vaping, and it seems to be a perfect substitute for smoking cigarettes, and doesn't understand why anyone would continue to use snus or snuff or even continue smoking with all the vaping options available.

With all the levels of nic available, and all the flavors available, even "smoking cherries", which to me is like smoking pipe tobacco, why do you need to continue smoking? I do want to get some WTA, and NET, but I've got dozens of products, from all the premium suppliers, at all nic levels, and flavors, and just can't comprehend what the problem is? I don't have anything at all against WTA's or NET's, they sound great! Why not use those, if they're stronger than regular tobacco e-liquids, and quit with the real stuff?

Why can't you guys just make the commitment to give up all that disgusting old style tobacco product crap and just vape?

best regards, larry mac

Last edited:

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
You'll admit, I hope, that your initial post here didn't provide anything in the way of a reasoned argument. With the provocative tone in the absence of real content, well...

Your second post, I can work with, and I'm happy to engage.

For some, no amount of nicotine will put down the urge to smoke. For those folks, WTA quite often will provide the magic bullet to keep them from giving up on ecigs entirely and returning to smoking. Nicotine simply is not the only substance in cigarettes involved in how we feel. By isolating the tobacco alkaloids and ONLY the tobacco alkaloids, we produce a material that is infinitely cleaner than tobacco (it hardly even has a flavor to speak of) that for many is THE ONE THING that kept them front going back to igniting tobacco and sucking the fumes into their lungs.

Some of these folks will, I'm sure, be happy to tell you about their success with "just make the commitment to give up all that disgusting crap and vape". One size does not fit all.

See "Tobacco Harm Reduction".

Last edited:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Larry, Why can't you just make the commitment to give up vaping and just quit cold turkey? I can make a good argument that you should give up vaping and just use snus. I have a centuries old product that has been studied intently for decades and has the science behind it to prove it's 99% safer than smoking. Your election to vape has very limited scientific study with, obviously no long term analysis. Sweden has the lowest level of smoking related diseases in the western world. I'd suggest you return to your vaping and be happy you're not smoking again. I'm now out of this convo.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place

best regards, larry mac

LM, this is remarkably confusing! This thread was all of 11 posts long before you posted, 6 stories deep and only from 4 posters (as far as the "stories") and it was all regular posting (nothing out of the ordinary). When you said "this thread," were you referring to something else?

I had tried to respond to your second post, but I can't understand your point of view. I tried though. Backing away now. See you in a minute, Roth. LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread