Status
Not open for further replies.

homeprogreen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Sonora CA
I didn't realize this thread was different from the main forum threads. I'm not a troll. I'm just someone who discovered vaping, and it seems to be a perfect substitute for smoking cigarettes, and doesn't understand why anyone would continue to use snus or snuff or even continue smoking with all the vaping options available.

With all the levels of nic available, and all the flavors available, even "smoking cherries", which to me is like smoking pipe tobacco, why do you need to continue smoking? I do want to get some WTA, and NET, but I've got dozens of products, from all the premium suppliers, at all nic levels, and flavors, and just can't comprehend what the problem is? I don't have anything at all against WTA's or NET's, they sound great! Why not use those, if they're stronger than regular tobacco e-liquids, and quit with the real stuff?

Why can't you guys just make the commitment to give up all that disgusting old style tobacco product crap and just vape?

best regards, larry mac

My wife and I quit smoking after 35 years. I managed to switch to ecigs fairly smoothly. She has struggled with it. She mainly vapes Aromas regular line of juices but she was still having cravings for a cigarette. The one thing I've found that works for her is to set her up a little dripper mod and when the cravings get bad she will take and vape some unflavored WTA juice in it. She only does that 3-4 times a day but that's enough that it quells the cravings for a cig. Might not work for everybody but its what works for her

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Heck of a derail to wake up to. I got nuthin.

ETA: Awake now.

Saw this thread and just thought I'd drop in and learn something about "WTA's". ...
But never in my life have I heard of anything as disgusting, pathetic, and disheartening (vaping wise), as what's in this thread....
best regards, larry mac
Larry.
There are a few stickies in this forum that go into detail as to what WTA is all about.
Don't ya think that the "disgusting, pathetic, and disheartening" bit was on the strong side o' things? We are all vapers after all, in this together to put aside the cigs.

Anyhoo, for the "learn something" bit of your diatribe, here's excerpts from a thread I started:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings to the crowd here at the Aroma forum.
I'm olderthandirt, those that know me refer to me as OTD when they can't get away with #$%^&& or &!@$#@.

Late 2009 or early 2010 myself, Tropical Bob and Twisted Victor participated in an efficacy and taste test of one of DVap's really early batches of WTA. At that time I was vaping 36mg unflavored, snus was candy and I went through snuff like there was no tomorrow.
Long story short, fell off the wagon completely a few months back, hit 15 cigs a day and I dug out my vaping gear from storage and got back to ECF ...

As best I recall from the test batch way back when it was a light yellow, had a somewhat earthy smell to it ("earthy" is PC for not so hot) and while it didn't necessarily taste bad it darn sure didn't taste good!
Per the test protocol I weaned off of everything else and noted how I felt over time while using just the WTA.
It seems I went about 5 days and couldn't take it anymore, snus, snuff and my regular 36mg vape came back out and all was good.

Now this current WTA is a whole different animal than that batch from the way back.
Clear as clear can be. There is a pleasant woody kind of a scent to the liquid that almost comes through in the vape.
As for efficacy?

...The answer of course being the additional alkaloids present not only aid in the enhanced absorption of available nicotine but also add their own beneficial qualities to the whole.
Well I'm here to bear witness that that is not a bunch of hooey but the plain unvarnished truth to the matter! I haven't felt as gently relaxed as I do now for a long time!

DVap, Jerry, and all the others that brought this to fruition.... I salute ya'll!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Larry.
I'm genuinely happy for you that "standard" e-liquids satisfy your needs.

Larry.
Some of us simply need more than what "standard" e-liquid offers to stay off of the cigarettes. Just the way it is.

Hope my insights help Larry. Live well!

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    The three to four month into vaping point was when I fell apart. I think it might be about how long it took for the minor alkaloids to work completely out of my system but have no proof of that. This I do know, I started sinking into depression. I was vaping high strength liquid at high voltage and still could not get the satisfied feeling I needed to function. Wta was not being sold yet so I turned to snus. The first time I tried a portion it was like I was in a dark room and someone turned on the light . I knew at that point that regular liquids were lacking something I needed to function properly. I was lucky enough to try some of dvaps wta and I knew immediately that it could help a lot of people kick the habit that couldn't do it otherwise and either weren't willing to try or didn't like snus. I still vape a little regular liquid and use snus but always keep wta near for when I need it. My stand on it is that if you feel satisfied with regular liquids then don't try it. If you still crave or live with a pv sticking out of your mouth then you might want to try it.

firephly

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 22, 2013
    CA
    Saw this thread and just thought I'd drop in and learn something about "WTA's". Wish I hadn't. I smoked for 31 years, quit for 14, started again for 2, and have completely quit since discovering vaping 3½ months ago. But never in my life have I heard of anything as disgusting, pathetic, and disheartening (vaping wise), as what's in this thread.

Why don't ya'll just slow cook some pipe tobacco and inject it directly in your bloodstream. It couldn't be any worse than the stories here.

best regards, larry mac

I'm not sure why it bothers you so much that you have to insult ("disgusting, pathetic") what other people choose to vape or how they do it or if they use snus or whatever along with vaping.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    I didn't realize this thread was different from the main forum threads. I'm not a troll. I'm just someone who discovered vaping, and it seems to be a perfect substitute for smoking cigarettes, and doesn't understand why anyone would continue to use snus or snuff or even continue smoking with all the vaping options available.

With all the levels of nic available, and all the flavors available, even "smoking cherries", which to me is like smoking pipe tobacco, why do you need to continue smoking? I do want to get some WTA, and NET, but I've got dozens of products, from all the premium suppliers, at all nic levels, and flavors, and just can't comprehend what the problem is? I don't have anything at all against WTA's or NET's, they sound great! Why not use those, if they're stronger than regular tobacco e-liquids, and quit with the real stuff?

Why can't you guys just make the commitment to give up all that disgusting old style tobacco product crap and just vape?

best regards, larry mac

Why don't you just give up your disgusting old style tobacco product crap and quit vaping? That tobacco based nicotine e-liquid can't possibly be good for you.

(That was sarcasm done right.)

In all seriousness, you have a remarkably narrow minded view of vaping, habits, and addictions. I don't have any other insights that haven't already been made, so I will bow out of this conversation.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    Sorry for the double post.

So I received my DIY Unflavored WTA (Dvap's threats notwithstanding) and immediately tried it. The mail came while I was watching Tim Burton's "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and so I finished the movie while vaping straight unflavored WTA. All I have to say is that movie is an excellent choice to watch while vaping Jerry and Dvap's excellent concoction.

Unfortunately, 24 mg nicotine is double my normal nicotine intake, so I will have to cut it. :vapor: I suppose I can live with that. :2cool:

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 28, 2009
    Willamette Valley, PNW
    Bump this thread back up in the line.

VS DIY Unflavored WTA, 24mg
    Batch#AF11216B / AE0114-16

I've had this bottle for a couple of weeks, just opened it today.
    To my eye this has the same light amber color as previous batches of WTA I've had.

The smell is pretty much the same as well, p'raps fainter yet fuller in tone.
    Many, myself included agree with DVaps description of the smell as being woody and somewhat nutlike in a most pleasant manner.

Dripping in an Igo-L with 2.2ohm microcoil at 4volts is the real tell of the liquid for me.
    One word to describe the vape .... nice..... or blissful..... or p'raps satisfying or..... shoot, how about damn Sam ya'll done hit it outta the park again!

That warm woody nutlike flavor is still there but as with the smell, I feel its presence is lighter then the previous non-VS batches.
    While the flavor seems lighter, more subtle, it also seems, feels is a better word, feels fuller.

Efficacy might be more pronounced.
    As my all day vape I regularly use an unflavored VG around 27mg that has right at 8% WTA added in. This in way of saying I maintain a regular level of WTA day in and day out. This batch of VS is making it's self known after not much more than 10 hits. I may very well drop the amount I add to my ADV, it seems to be that much better!

Good show Aroma E!

ETA: "couch lock" was one I was trying to remember, the VS has that potential for sure (-:

Last edited:

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 28, 2009
    Willamette Valley, PNW
    Quite gratified that y'all are picking up on and responding to the characteristics that are present in and absent from a well-made unflavored WTA.
    Not that hard to catch really DVap. Quality has a way of shining right on through!

Accurately identifying, putting a name to the smell is starting to annoy me though.
    Some kind of a toasted nut or.....? It's something I know I've smelled elsewhere, just can't quite name it.

I was thinking that you couldn't remember where you put it.

Well, that might have some small part in it.......

Island Vapor

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    I tried the latest 24 mg WTA as an all-day vape and beautiful women flocked to me, my mother in law moved to another town, and my dog stopped farting.

Or did I dream that?
    (((( I want some of your batch of WTA and a lot of it ))))

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread