Unpleasant vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suxxor

May 29, 2017
Hi all, I've been vaping for around 2-3 weeks now. Been enjoying it. All of a sudden when I took a drag from my vape the vapour felt really thick going in and out and wasn't a nice taste, wasn't a burnt taste though. The odd thing is that maybe only a few minutes before a drag I had was perfectly fine, full of flavour and a nice light vapour. I drink aloe of water and tea so I'm not dehydrated. Any help on what this could be? I've tried changing cool, liquid and even tried my old vape and still the same heavy thick unpleasant taste :(

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
when it first happened i literally had a drag, was fine, then a few mins later had another and it was like that lol tank was 3/4 and not flooded =(

Factory coils can be unpredictable...

But, just realized that you mention 2-3 weeks.. do you mean on the same coil?

If yes.. then your answer is simply that the coil is most certainly used up and getting close to being quite harsh.

Factory coils can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks... if you take that coil out and check it, it's probably very gunked up and time to put a new one in.

Suxxor

May 29, 2017
Factory coils can be unpredictable...

But, just realized that you mention 2-3 weeks.. do you mean on the same coil?

If yes.. then your answer is simply that the coil is most certainly used up and getting close to being quite harsh.

Factory coils can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks... if you take that coil out and check it, it's probably very gunked up and time to put a new one in.

it looked fine but i put a new one in anyway, left in 20 mins took a few no power tokes, then got the same result. its getting slightly better while im just struggling through with it. it might be something to do with me as my gf thinks the vape tastes good and not claggy, she smokes fags still, not a vaper. ive only had this vape for about a week, before this one i used an old pen style off a friend.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Well, as your device is not an actual regulated mod with a screen, you can't see what's going on... could be a case of bad luck and your battery is acting weird...

Another possibility is that you might be getting a case of vapor's tongue, where your tastebuds can go bland on you..

Vaping menthol or strong flavour, vaping unflavored for a bit, drinking lemon water, can help of it's happening.

Note that if you just quit cigarettes for a few weeks, you can go into withdrawals from all the toxins which can play on your system and have various side effects.

Reactions: Tonee N

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Up your PG to 50/50. That will thin the vapor, let the flavor come through more and, let the wick saturate faster. High VG is thick, it wicks more slowly and, the cooler it is, the slower it gets. at 40 degrees, my 80% VG can take up to 45 minutes to saturate a new wick before I can vape it.

45 minutes?
How do you prime those coils to take so long? I've yet to encounter any that isn't vape ready in 1-2 minutes by dropping some in the center, then doing a few close-airflow pulls, a few warm-up taps on the trigger on low wattage to warm things up and get the liquid to flow, and letting it settle. This is regardless of mix, heck I've even done 100% VG like this easily.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Yes easily at 70+ degrees, I don't always have that comfort. A weekend at a winter mountain man rendezvous means the high might be 40 and, I've got to let my high VG juice wick when it's cold and thick, like wicking inside the refrigerator.

The NEBOX I take there has no airflow control, you put drops on the wick, then let it soak until it's ready. Cold means that is slow.

Suxxor

May 29, 2017
Well, as your device is not an actual regulated mod with a screen, you can't see what's going on... could be a case of bad luck and your battery is acting weird...

Another possibility is that you might be getting a case of vapor's tongue, where your tastebuds can go bland on you..

Vaping menthol or strong flavour, vaping unflavored for a bit, drinking lemon water, can help of it's happening.

Note that if you just quit cigarettes for a few weeks, you can go into withdrawals from all the toxins which can play on your system and have various side effects.

would vapors tounge make the vape feel thick and claggy or just effect taste?

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Yes easily at 70+ degrees, I don't always have that comfort. A weekend at a winter mountain man rendezvous means the high might be 40 and, I've got to let my high VG juice wick when it's cold and thick, like wicking inside the refrigerator.

The NEBOX I take there has no airflow control, you put drops on the wick, then let it soak until it's ready. Cold means that is slow.

But you can block the airflow, which is all you need to do, and suck on it without firing it to get the liquid to go into the coil..

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
would vapors tounge make the vape feel thick and claggy or just effect taste?

Yes it can to a certain extent... depending on the vaping style, if you aren't tasting the flavour correctly, you'd be paying more attention to the vapor itself as you're "searching" for the flavour.

I consider it hard to say what's happening without trying it myself, so I'm trying to go by process of elimination to help figure it out.

I remember having this sort of experience at some point, and as much as I can remember, it was almost a combination of things...

So it's either the device (battery or coil) or the user that's the reason, and since someone else tried the and felt it was ok for them, then, we have to look at what else it might be.

Last edited:

Suxxor

May 29, 2017
Does your atomizer have air flow adjustment? If it was accidentally set for less (or maybe even more) air flow, the vape could seem thicker and the taste could be different.

yeah it does, ive tried adjusting it, its getting better as i continue to vape so im hoping it will go soon, if not ill pop into my local vape shop and have a word with them as they are helpful.

thanks for all the replies everyone <3

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Just know that these small models are quite limited in what they do and the way they operate.. and unless you have a mod tester, it may be hard to know where the problem lies...

Having a second (different) kit can be more than just a good "backup", as it can at least gives you another device that you can test your things with.

These small kits are cheap for a reason... they can work just fine, but they are quite limited.

Suxxor

May 29, 2017
Just know that these small models are quite limited in what they do and the way they operate.. and unless you have a mod tester, it may be hard to know where the problem lies...

Having a second (different) kit can be more than just a good "backup", as it can at least gives you another device that you can test your things with.

These small kits are cheap for a reason... they can work just fine, but they are quite limited.

aye ill pop in the shop and try my tank on one of their bases and see, thanks man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread