Unsure about what type of cartridge/clearomizer to use

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Hancawk, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Hancawk

Hancawk Full Member

I have a 900mAh 3.7v battery that I bought from volcano ecigs. It's called the inferno. I hate their cartridges and clearomizers. I have been looking to by a different brand of clearomizers. When researching I came across 510E's, F16's, CE4's and I'm so lost as to what I need. I know that I need something that's 1.5 - 2.0 ohms. But that's all I really know. I'm sorta new to all this and really trying to understand all the different names for batteries and brands and abbreviations. Please help to inform me on what I need exactly. Thank you

2. madqatter

madqatter Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I highly recommend either Kanger Evods or Kanger Mini Protanks. Both are bottom coil clearomizers and very easy to understand and use. The Evods will be less expensive, but the Protanks (because they're glass rather than plastic) will be less vulnerable to "tank-cracker" juices such as cinnamon, wintergreen, clove, and citrus. DiscountVapers.com is a good source, but there are many others as well.

3. abasm

abasm Senior Member ECF Veteran

Evods or mini Protank are indeed in my experience good choices. Another possibility is a vivi nova which is a top coil clearomizer that is easy to use.
    All three choices have replaceable heating coil heads which work reasonably well.

4. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Any eGo-threaded clearomizer or cartomizer will work with your battery. Most of them come with replaceable coils of different resistances. I wouldn't use 1.5Ω coils with your batteries, frankly. 1.8-2.2Ω is a good range for 3.7v batteries. Never herad of 510 Es--unless you mean the CE series--I don't recommend them (CE4 is part of that line). F16? Do you mean a Boge F16 carto tank? If so, I recommend an F15 boge carto tank because it's the same diameter as your battery.

I like the Kanger BCC line a lot--try a T3S, baby T3, eVod or ProTank mini (as Mad suggested above). If you want to try a top coil, the Kanger T2 is very nice--for a top coil.

Good luck!

5. Hancawk

Hancawk Full Member

Thank you all!! This was very helpful

6. Vapoor eyes er

Vapoor eyes er ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Won't recommend anything but just a pic. Your PV may accept either 510 or eGo threaded accessories.

ego2e.jpg

7. Hancawk

Hancawk Full Member

Yup mines definitely 510. Thank you for that clarification!!

8. Angiebubs

Angiebubs Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have tried a few and prefer either iclear16 (easy to use and you can buy replacement coils) which last a long time or authentic evods

9. Hancawk

Hancawk Full Member

I'm going to have to buy an adapter for the kanger evod since it uses external threads and mine is only 510. I think that's what I'm going to do. Good reviews on the kanger evod

10. Highschoolstoner2566

Highschoolstoner2566 Full Member

T3 is a good one

11. Vapoor eyes er

Vapoor eyes er ECF Guru ECF Veteran

You may be able to find one in a B&M. Luckily lots of them in CA:
    Electric Cigarette|Eliquid|Supplies|Electronic Cigarette|Ejuice|Smokeless|Vapor Search USA
    Realize there are 2 diff types of clearos: bottom coil (cooler vape) and top coil (warmer vape). Also some are plastic and certain "acidic" juices will destroy the plastic. There are also glass ckearos to resolve this issue.

12. Hancawk

Hancawk Full Member

I was wondering if you could review my order I want to place. This is my cart. I'm also gonna buy a dry burner in the near future. Please tell me what you think

Screenshot (4).jpg

13. madqatter

madqatter Ultra Member ECF Veteran

They look like good choices, but it'd be better to have two batteries.

14. joeldworkin307

joeldworkin307 Full Member Verified Member

I bought a ce3 (top coil), a t3s (bottom coil) and a smoketech cartotank to see what I like. I now use all three with different juice and have an rba in the mail. Spent 7 dollars on each and now I know what I like. Which unfortunately is ALL OF THEM.

15. Racehorse

Racehorse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Me, too.

The MT3s and T3s (has to be the S type) are very nice too.

All of these are bottom coils. You might want to try a top coil and see how you like it, ie. Vivi novas, Iclear 16, Iclear 30s, Vision stardusts, etc.

: volcano, evod, protank
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.