Unusual 18650 batteries, trying to get more info on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

olokos

Dec 13, 2015
Poland, Warsaw
3 of LG HG2's arrived just today, all brand new being at 3.6v. Works great, buuut reuleaux RX200 STILL shows invalid voltage on the batteries. This I do not like. I'll make a video really soon, but for now I'll just type the voltage of HG2's reported by Wismec:

With 1st battery being .3v lower than it actually is
2nd battery .31v higher than it actually is
3rd battery .1v higher than it actually is.

With those scavenged laptop batteries the battery reports were pretty similar. 1st was much lower, second was much higher (it even showed up 4.40-4.50v on the middle one) and third around the actual voltage, but never the same.

Should I start a new thread in appropriate section or should I continue here?

as for xda - look up my nick on xda :)

Last edited:

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
3 of LG HG2's arrived just today, all brand new being at 3.6v. Works great, buuut Reuleaux RX200 STILL shows invalid voltage on the batteries. This I do not like. I'll make a video really soon, but for now I'll just type the voltage of HG2's reported by Wismec:

With 1st battery being .3v lower than it actually is
2nd battery .31v higher than it actually is
3rd battery .1v higher than it actually is.

With those scavenged laptop batteries the battery reports were pretty similar. 1st was much lower, second was much higher (it even showed up 4.40-4.50v on the middle one) and third around the actual voltage, but never the same.

Should I start a new thread in appropriate section or should I continue here?

as for xda - look up my nick on xda :)
The battery meter on the rx200 isn't very accurate.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I suggest removing the batteries from your rx200 and leave it with no batteries while you fully charge all 3 new batteries in a good stand alone charger.
Then allow them to rest for an hour, then check them with your MM, now install them in the rx200.

Could be some of those harvested batteries you used were 4.35v 18650's not 'normal' 4.2v.
As previously mentioned the rx200 isn't very accurate.

olokos

Dec 13, 2015
Poland, Warsaw
Please do check my post here, I find it pretty pointless to just paste it over. Don't think that I'm just lazy, please. It's just that some of it could be useful here and some would be completely offtopic. If anybody would prefer me to paste it over here then please do tell me and I'll paste over anything important regarding this stuff going on here without any links, even internal ones.
WISMEC Reuleaux RX200 TC
I did charge the HG2's in the external charger. Two of them were lying around of about 10 hours after fully charged and one of them was just pulled out, but at the similar voltage to the other two, if not the exact same.

Thank you.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
My RX200 was faulty. I got it replaced and now even those orange scavenged batteries work beautifully and last 2-3 days. LG HG2's last 3-4 days. Runinng 0.5ohm coil right now. I got 0.8v off the actual batteries voltage tops. It discharges properly now at least.
Why do you insist on using those batteries when you've been told time and time again how dangerous it is!?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Why do you insist on using those batteries when you've been told time and time again how dangerous it is!?

I've just kinda Given Up on trying to say to Not Use them.

You know the Old Say'n...

"You can Lead a Horse to Water. But until it's Mod Blows Up and knocks out their Front Teeth, they just Won't Listen."

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
It's not that they're working, it's the fact that you don't know what kind of batteries they are. You're playing Russian roulette every time you fire those batteries up, no matter the resistance, because you DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF BATTERIES THEY ARE. You don't know how they will react; vent or just blow in your face.

So many damn batteries out there that you can order, not that expensive and you can get them in a few days at most. Hell, buy some at a B&M if you're so desperate to have a vape and can't wait for proper batteries, where you have the info to know what you can do with them. It's not if the batteries can handle the load, it's what will happen if they can't or if there's an error. You think you're above mistakes until you drop your mod, or put one in in reverse. I'm lucky enough that my accidents just haven't been serious.

Reactions: KenD

EthanThorn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2015
El Dorado KS
They came from my local B&M but so far so good and the manager of the B&M uses them in his snow wolf and his friend uses them in a V3 hex ohm and after a week there going strong and zero issue. Two main reasons for me using them the manager is a good friend of mine and he has my back if anything goes wrong and the second I have a chance to give something back to the vaping community that has helped me out when I got stumped with a question by using the listmans and reporting how they work. Anyway most good things are risk and reward not just reward and I did this of my own free will so if it goes bad it's my fault not the vape shop not any one's my own fault and if any news outlets say different than the lawsuit is on cause I for one am sick of this horror stories form of news Either report the truth or quit being a reporter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
They came from my local B&M but so far so good and the manager of the B&M uses them in his snow wolf and his friend uses them in a V3 hex ohm and after a week there going strong and zero issue. Two main reasons for me using them the manager is a good friend of mine and he has my back if anything goes wrong and the second I have a chance to give something back to the vaping community that has helped me out when I got stumped with a question by using the listmans and reporting how they work. Anyway most good things are risk and reward not just reward and I did this of my own free will so if it goes bad it's my fault not the vape shop not any one's my own fault and if any news outlets say different than the lawsuit is on cause I for one am sick of this horror stories form of news Either report the truth or quit being a reporter

Even bad batteries will work ok, until they don't. And the manager having your back won't help you at all if you suffer an injury.

EthanThorn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2015
El Dorado KS
You mention that you traded out your RX-200
There is always the possibility that the bad batteries damaged your original RX200
the APV was never meant to be operated with low amp batteries.

I'd strongly suggest that you toss those batteries.
No its the same rx200 I have had for over a month first rx200 I have owned I may have typed something wrong so sorry if I made it sound as if this was my second unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread