Upcoming and Incoming - two new products!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ournature

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
bologna, ITALY
I too am patiently awaiting the Baby J! Could it be possible to make the Baby J merge with the EGO? Perhaps a special cone and adapter that allows the Ego to look good with a pen attie attached? That way the USB battery could be an add on in the future but still allow us pen vapers to get a tube shaped Janty device!

Of course I will have to try the new carto and big attie, perhaps they will rival the penstyle lets wait and see!

i agree, the ego battery works wonder with a LR penstyle atty for example. great hit, plenty of vapor and the best flavor you can have.
510's they really cut off flavor nuances from every liquid you stick in them.
I can't believe nobody developed a special cone for the ego to be used with 801's.
It would be so easy to produce and it'd revamp janty 302/801's sales.
a 302 LR would be a great addition too...

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
i agree, the ego battery works wonder with a LR penstyle atty for example. great hit, plenty of vapor and the best flavor you can have.
510's they really cut off flavor nuances from every liquid you stick in them.
I can't believe nobody developed a special cone for the ego to be used with 801's.
It would be so easy to produce and it'd revamp janty 302/801's sales.
a 302 LR would be a great addition too...

Actually no - it would be near impossible to make a cone that fits the ego, that could go over a 801 classic atomizer !

Also, i personally believe that the 510 atomizer does the opposite: I believe the 801 cuts off flavor and replaces it with vapor to be honest. Each to their own ofcourse, but i really honestly believe the 510 is the king of flavors.

As for the Baby J merging.. without saying too much, we are working on "something" - hopefully it will satisfy as many as possible, but i cant tell you anymore right now; hopefully i can soon though :)

ournature

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
bologna, ITALY
Actually no - it would be near impossible to make a cone that fits the ego, that could go over a 801 classic atomizer !
The battery is larger than 801's, i can't see why it would be impossible...

Also, i personally believe that the 510 atomizer does the opposite: I believe the 801 cuts off flavor and replaces it with vapor to be honest. Each to their own ofcourse, but i really honestly believe the 510 is the king of flavors.
i do believe most of the people in ECF (including myself) think 510's lacks in flavours versus other atty's types...:blink:
In my opinion 510's do cook flavours too much.
Anyway, each to their own of course.

As for the Baby J merging.. without saying too much, we are working on "something" - hopefully it will satisfy as many as possible, but i cant tell you anymore right now; hopefully i can soon though :)

good to know!

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
The battery is larger than 801's, i can't see why it would be impossible...

i do believe most of the people in ECF (including myself) think 510's lacks in flavours versus other atty's types...:blink:
In my opinion 510's do cook flavours too much.
Anyway, each to their own of course.

good to know!

Actually ive seen a tendency that could explain it: Most 801 users tend to lazy-drag on their e-cig, meaning they sort of let the vapor run into their mouth - and they dont drag as hard. If you do that on an eGo you might cook the juice - the eGo sort of (in my eyes atleast) require you to drag "with" it, in order to get that sweet vape.

ournature

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
bologna, ITALY
Actually ive seen a tendency that could explain it: Most 801 users tend to lazy-drag on their e-cig, meaning they sort of let the vapor run into their mouth - and they dont drag as hard. If you do that on an eGo you might cook the juice - the eGo sort of (in my eyes atleast) require you to drag "with" it, in order to get that sweet vape.

This is true Mik, but..you have to use the same battery to compare the two.
try to first connect a dura-510 and then a janty 304 (with adaptor) to the same ego battery, or a 510 LR and a 801 LR and then let me know which one deliver the better flavour..

I started vaping with a dura-c in march 2009, it was great for 5 months, it took me out of cigarettes completely.
Then i switched to a janty stick in july, wow i really could taste flavours better than the dura (i believe the better battery do contribute of course).
Then i switched again to a 510 device, a shiny new eGo, the flavour was way better than the dura-c.
Then i tried the ego battery with both atties, using the same battery i have better flavour with 801's..

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
I think this is a matter of us having very different preferences, because i have made the test youre talking about ( did that within 10 mins of receiving one of the first ego prototypes ) and i still prefer the vapor/taste on a 510.

The 801 is good, but it just feels like its dilluted - like theres so much thickness in the vapor, and that removes a bit of the taste to me, making it taste colder and more .. dull?

So yes, each to their own ( and thank god for that or we would live in a very boring world! )

ozrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Chicago, IL
To sum up my thoughts, two new products- fine! Some people may want them, some don't BUT if Janty doesn't carry them and someone else does they also risk the loss of an ego sale. Atleast we are being warned that these items do not live up to what Janty would normally sell. If you don't want them don't buy them but 7 pages of .....ing back and forth is just ridiculous. Not every product can be a home run, but name other companies that have as many designs and innovations out there as Janty- very few. Not everything developed for the ego is awesome, that's what feedback and reviews are for. Let the items come out and they will sink themselves if not up to what the customers want. We have been warned by Janty themselves..

Sorry Mik, just had to add my .02.

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
I can't believe I just read this entire thread.

I'm a little concerned about the large atty. Small carts don't wick well at all and someone decided to make them even bigger? I'll skip these entirely, thanks.

As for the cartos. Now my interest is piqued. If these work as they should and the price is comparable to regular cartos, I'll give them a try. Though, not on my eGo. The eGo was designed to work a specific way with the cone. It simply works. Even with cartos, the cone is a necessity for me.
Now, 2.5 mls of juice in a huge carto on my big battery mod? Sign me up!

I would like to see the option to buy just 1 carto though when they do become available. I forsee the pricing to be at least 1.5x the cost of regular cartos for the first couple months after their release.

nuno

Apr 25, 2010
Europe
I can't believe I just read this entire thread.

Yeah, that's the pain of waiting for the i-really-hope-it-works-as-advertised tesla filter... At least for me :)

I'm a little concerned about the large atty. Small carts don't wick well at all and someone decided to make them even bigger? I'll skip these entirely, thanks.

See point 1. :)

As for the cartos. Now my interest is piqued. If these work as they should and the price is comparable to regular cartos, I'll give them a try. Though, not on my eGo. The eGo was designed to work a specific way with the cone. It simply works. Even with cartos, the cone is a necessity for me.
Now, 2.5 mls of juice in a huge carto on my big battery mod? Sign me up!

I don't think the big cartos will look well in something not eGo. They were made to replace the cone, atty and cart. Maybe you can plug a 510-to-510 adapter in a mod and then have the big carto hoover above the mod a bit...?

The eGo is nice but it's incompatible with everything else (at least aesthetically, I hope you know what I mean).

The regular 510 cartos are nice, at least for the first 5 refills. Good flavor and so on. But, at least for me, their performance declines very fast after that. I have here at least 10 of them unused, and from different brands, just waiting for some occasion when I can't drip.

I would like to see the option to buy just 1 carto though when they do become available. I forsee the pricing to be at least 1.5x the cost of regular cartos for the first couple months after their release.

About USD $3 for one, then? Don't think so...

I'll try them out, even if they only perform well for 5 refills I'll use them the way I use the regular cartos: when I can't drip.

Let's wait :glare:

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
re:"For the cartomizers, i cannot discuss this yet - but it will become known soon by various channels ( read, people taking them apart ) "

Um, you're selling them - but can't talk about them.

Ya put me down for a dozen. Seriously WTH?

You would be surprised as to how fast things get copied in this business.

Also, it is our understanding that alot of our members like to do these things themselves.

Besides, you dont ask BMW to show you the inner workings of their cars, before you buy it do you? You rely on interviews, reviews, and so on. Sure, there might be a magazine somewhere detailing the insides completely, but thats a niche magazine, and this is a forum for everyone.

So basically we are just trying to balance on a fine line between enlightening, while trying not to spill the beans too early - thereby giving us a headstart before the products are being copied.

And lastly, the cartomizers, and atomizer is a Joyetech product /invention, which means that they have also asked me not to disclose information just yet.

But, I am pretty sure detailed information, mods, workarounds, changes, etc will fill up e-cigarette-forum.com soon.

mgabrys

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
RE: BMW - I'm not getting my iPhone 4 on thursday based on promises of unicorns, I got the full breakdown on features from Apple enthusiast sites (as you allude to), and apple.com/iphone (and I do in-fact trust Apple's feature specs on their tech page in fact - it'd be ILLEGAL if they claimed OTHERWISE).

That said,

re:"And lastly, the cartomizers, and atomizer is a Joyetech product /invention, which means that they have also asked me not to disclose information just yet."

So you've got Joyetech throwing NDAs at you - understood (sucks, but understood). The Chinese didn't sell 600,000 iphone pre-orders in less than 4 hours so I don't expect them to understand marketing. Where you inform the customer what the hell the product is so you can be informed that it's not a novelty exploding atomizer, at the very least.

But NDAs are illogical so I respect your agreement - not the outcome. I also respect your fast reply, thanks again.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
RE: BMW - I'm not getting my iPhone 4 on thursday based on promises of unicorns, I got the full breakdown on features from Apple enthusiast sites (as you allude to), and apple.com/iphone (and I do in-fact trust Apple's feature specs on their tech page in fact - it'd be ILLEGAL if they claimed OTHERWISE).

That said,

re:"And lastly, the cartomizers, and atomizer is a Joyetech product /invention, which means that they have also asked me not to disclose information just yet."

So you've got Joyetech throwing NDAs at you - understood (sucks, but understood). The Chinese didn't sell 600,000 iphone pre-orders in less than 4 hours so I don't expect them to understand marketing. Where you inform the customer what the hell the product is so you can be informed that it's not a novelty exploding atomizer, at the very least.

But NDAs are illogical so I respect your agreement - not the outcome. I also respect your fast reply, thanks again.

Ehr... yes you are. Youre buying it because of specs. We can tell you the outer dimensions and material the carto is made of - we could also tell you it is sub-janty standards - which we did.

But make no mistake, when youre buying an Iphone 4, you are buying unicorns and dreams; cause you have no way of knowing at this very point in time, if it will be a joy to use, if it will break fast, if it will become burning hot ( as the old one ) when abusing it for an extended period of time, and so on.

The only thing you can count on from Apple at the moment, is the fact that Steve Jobs will not come out publically, like I/We do, and state: Guys, the upcoming product might not be satisfactory, - we want you to know that.

Short version: We do more than anyone else would have done in a similar situation - why not just enjoy that? Dont mean to sound harsh, but it does seem people in here are very quick to sling dirt, before they take the time to realise that what we are doing, is what we would want other companies to do to us; Be honest, be real, and do their best.

Simple as that really.

Oh and, if we had sold 600.000 of any product in pre-order, id like to think that i would be typing these answers on a new keyboard, making my responses even faster. Maybe a diamond cut lazer keyboard. Mm. With gold trimmings, and a built in air condition system for my hands. Yes. Yes yes. :D

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Meh....Janty's always been a tease but I say...don't shoot the messenger and Mik is just the messenger....just like that poor guy Jeff.....he's not still around, is he? He was really nice too....but he got his head chewed off a few times. If he's gone, I hope he's on to bigger and better things! :)

And where's that Ludo been? He's really the one we want! *shakes fist* :laugh:

But I look at it this way....just about every big manufacturer here (Janty, Imeo, PS, etc) come out with a product, it has problems then V2 comes out, then V3, etc. The suppliers of these have the easy job...they just sell off the finalized product....the last version....then they don't get the crap....lol

It sounds like Mik is telling us V1 of these things will be coming out soon....then everyone will post their complaints (got that thread ready yet Mik?)...then from that, V2 will be spawned, and so on. I have to give Mik credit that he's at least letting us know ahead of time that these will most likely be substandard....and they will be cheap. Cheap for substandard sounds good to me!

So now onto these products. I have strictly used the 801 atty since I started vaping. However, I have been tempted by cartos. So I saw a supplier say he was going to start selling 801 cartos. So I started a thread here in the suppliers forum to see who else might be selling them.

And then I happened across this BIG OL' 2.5ml carto coming out by Janty. Lo and behold!!!

So here's my question. I haven't even looked twice at an Ego (am satisfied with what I have but as I said, I have wanted to try cartos at some point). So now I'm looking at this Ego sporting this huge 2.5ml carto. Am I going to have to buy a whole Ego kit or something? Sorry, don't know anything about them so would like to know what I'd be in for here. And what would the mah on the batts be?

And as a sidenote.....yeh, I had to quit reading about the Tesla and the Baby J because it was driving me nuts! More stress than waiting for the mailman...lol. I figure when it's time for them to come out, I'll hear about it somehow, then I'll check it out further. Sorry, but the anticipation is just too much for me! :unsure:

:2c::2c::2c::2c::2c:

Lu

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
So here's my question. I haven't even looked twice at an Ego (am satisfied with what I have but as I said, I have wanted to try cartos at some point). So now I'm looking at this Ego sporting this huge 2.5ml carto. Am I going to have to buy a whole Ego kit or something? Sorry, don't know anything about them so would like to know what I'd be in for here. And what would the mah on the batts be?

The eGos are rather small devices ( go check a video review ) compared to the power they hold in them. A "normal" eGo is 650 mAH, the new XL ones are 900 mAH. A normal eGo carries me personally for 22-24 hours before i recharge it, and i would consider myself a heavy vaper.

Having said that, there are people on this board that only gets 6-8 hours from an eGo, but then again they classify themselves as very hardcore vapers (which i believe....) - and we have those on here that are average vapers who have reported runtimes from 24 to 72 hours.

The idea behind the eGo was size, design, power.

The size is obvious. The design too, i feel. The power comes from our own battery, and the cone you put over the atomizer enhances the flavor making the liquid run warmer - while holding any excess juice in.

Now, im telling you this, because the new cartomizers are ugleee. As you might guess i didnt design them :p - im not saying this to bash on anyone, but this is my personal ( and i feel it is that of many others as well ) viewpoint : They really look bad. The vaping sensation of these are good - im actually very surprised. Once i started filling these cartos myself, there is nothing out there that beats it - so if this holds up, these are definately NOT subpar Janty standards.

They are however very much like the 801 in terms of vaping sensation or feel if you want. So the reason im telling you all of the above, is so you can make an informed decision of whether or not to get an eGo. To me it does sound like it would be perfect: You would get high mAH in a small device, and if you go for the cartomizer, or big ego atomizer (which i also find extremely good actually) and you already love the 801, then this is a nobrainer; you need this.

I myself am a hardcore 510 vaper - and i _still_ do prefer the 510 + the original cone over these new things. But, i will also admit that i am not about to throw them away - these new cartos and big ego atomizers are actually so good, that i will be carrying them around, and using them on a 50/50 basis - meaning my 510s are going to get some rest. :)

And for me to walk around with something that i think is ugly ( new cartomizer/new atomizer ) really means it is something worth vaping :p

Hope this helps :)

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Thanks Mik. Hey, I don't mind ugly if they work :D

So...would these cartos fit any Ego....or is this specially made for the Janty Ego? Is an adapter of any sort needed? Since I'm a heavy vaper too, I'd probably like the XL batt version.

Thing is, I carry 6-8 devices with me every day that I rotate...and juice. I don't carry extra batts nor extra attys. All I do is swap out batts at the end of the day, then again in the morning to make sure I always start the day with fully charged ones....and I use my attys til they die. For me, if I could carry around just 2 (or even 3!) devices a day that would be similar to the 801s, I'd sure try it!

So I'll be keeping my eye out for these.

I guess I'm just an Ego newb....lol Thanks for the info.

Lu

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Thanks Mik. Hey, I don't mind ugly if they work :D

So...would these cartos fit any Ego....or is this specially made for the Janty Ego? Is an adapter of any sort needed? Since I'm a heavy vaper too, I'd probably like the XL batt version.

Thing is, I carry 6-8 devices with me every day that I rotate...and juice. I don't carry extra batts nor extra attys. All I do is swap out batts at the end of the day, then again in the morning to make sure I always start the day with fully charged ones....and I use my attys til they die. For me, if I could carry around just 2 (or even 3!) devices a day that would be similar to the 801s, I'd sure try it!

So I'll be keeping my eye out for these.

I guess I'm just an Ego newb....lol Thanks for the info.

Lu

Hey Lu,

Its pretty simple: They copy our designs and call them something else - but they are still our designs, which means these items will fit on both Janty eGo's and also on other clones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread