UPDATE 6/25/14! NJ Gov. Chris Christie proposes taxing e-cigs at rate equal to $2.70/pack cigarette tax + other issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
URGENT UPDATE 6/25/14:

Assembly Bill 1080 (A1080) would fine vapers $250 to $1000 for using their e-cigarette anywhere on a beach or public park. This bill has passed the Assembly and must now move through the Senate. It is has passed the NJ General Assembly and is now in the Senate. Link to bill information.

CASAA has implemented a new CQ Roll Call campaign for New Jersey to help you express opposition to A1080.

The email is completely editable by you, and we encourage you to make changes to the email to reflect your views and to share your story. If you plan to substantially edit the email, you may wish to copy the text into a word processing program and make the edits there, then copy and paste back into the CQ Roll Call email. We have had two reports over the last several months that CQ Roll Call might "reset" when you keep the window open for a long time or when you open a separate browser window, causing you to lose any unique text you've added (and reverting back to the original).

CASAA: Call to Action! New Jersey's Governor Christie is Proposing a Tax on E-Cigarettes at the Same Rate as Combustible Cigarettes (Significantly UPDATED 6-19-14)

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Done, and bumping for visibility.

I did add in a few thoughts of my own to the letter....

At present the obtrusive regulation, taxes and fines have forced me to plan vacations and weekends in anywhere except New Jersey. There are far too many alternatives close by and easily accessible to suffer under the idiotic tripe coming out of Trenton.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
URGENT UPDATE 6/25/14:

Assembly Bill 1080 (A1080) would fine vapers $250 to $1000 for using their e-cigarette anywhere on a beach or public park. This bill has passed the Assembly and must now move through the Senate. It is has passed the NJ General Assembly and is now in the Senate. Link to bill information.

CASAA has implemented a new CQ Roll Call campaign for New Jersey to help you express opposition to A1080.

The email is completely editable by you, and we encourage you to make changes to the email to reflect your views and to share your story. If you plan to substantially edit the email, you may wish to copy the text into a word processing program and make the edits there, then copy and paste back into the CQ Roll Call email. We have had two reports over the last several months that CQ Roll Call might "reset" when you keep the window open for a long time or when you open a separate browser window, causing you to lose any unique text you've added (and reverting back to the original).

CASAA: Call to Action! New Jersey's Governor Christie is Proposing a Tax on E-Cigarettes at the Same Rate as Combustible Cigarettes (Significantly UPDATED 6-19-14)

I swear, the government in NJ is insane. I own a boat in NJ that I haven't set foot on in over 5 years. My partner lives there and manages the facility so it's not costing me to have it, but my last trip was on Independence day, something the meaning of which appears to be lost on their lawmakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread