Update: Finally solved mouth sore issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Lincolnshire, UK
Hi Folks, it's taken me a while but i've finally figured out what has been giving me canker sores/ulcers since switching to vaping.

My first post here on the subject is here:
Mouth troubles and trying to decide what to do...

Since then i've had numerous trips to the doctors and numerous blood tests to no avail. I tried changing my diet, i've drank gallons more water a week, i've changed my vaping hardware and PG/VG ratios and only managed to slow down how often the sores appear. At a couple of points there were 3 or 4 week gaps in the outbreaks where i thought i'd cracked it.

In the end lowering the nicotine level seems to have done the trick. I went down in steps and each step down improved the health in my mouth. I was vaping 18mg cheap juice, 12mg for a week didn't give me any nicotine cravings and the stinging tongue feeling reduced so i went down to 6mg and again i didn't crave nicotine any more than i did on 18mg so i went down to 3mg and all the bad symptoms disappeared.

Since then i've made some 2mg juice and after 3 weeks all appears to be well. I tried a 6mg juice for a day earlier this week and i could feel my mouth health deteriorate by the hour so switched back to 2mg the next day.

I was a 20+ a day rollup smoker so i'm surprised i need such a low dose of nicotine :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread