Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I just wish States would come clean and Hit People with the Truth for once.

"Having Mismanaged Taxpayers Monies, we are now Swimming in Debt.
We are Unable/Unwilling to Cut Spending to cover the Shortfall cause by our Financial Irresponsibility's.
So we are going to Impose Taxes onto Minority Voter Segments to minimize Political Blowback.
And we are going to "Guise the Rube" by describing these Taxes as "Saving Your Children" or Promoting Public Health."

TheMaddestVaper

Jul 22, 2016
Moosic,PA
Hey new member here, after this 40% tax BS I figured it's high time to get informed and get active despite vaping for 4 years I've not joined the proper places and kept on the pulse of the vape industry. Frankly it's a bit maddening, enraging and downright insulting. We clearly have politicians flush with Big Tobacco money who are doing this despite the enormously overwhelming impact this will have on the healthcare systems due to smokers continuing to smoke, BT and the GOV getting paid by them know full well that people who have been vaping will go back to old habits when vaping becomes too much of a hassle to maintain on a day to day basis.

It won't be long until the only sources we will have in the US for vaping will be either through underground labs and or through foreign countries. The power of BT and the inherently corrupt political arena will stomp out any resistance. They simply have the the funds and resources that the vaping community does not. The gov has no problem whatsoever putting all of our healths and lives at risk for cancer and heart disease, things that only cigarettes cause.
Hell I can ramble on forever, but I'm sure everyone feels the same way I do. It's an absolute travesty.

JD

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Hey new member here, after this 40% tax BS I figured it's high time to get informed and get active despite vaping for 4 years I've not joined the proper places and kept on the pulse of the vape industry. Frankly it's a bit maddening, enraging and downright insulting. We clearly have politicians flush with Big Tobacco money who are doing this despite the enormously overwhelming impact this will have on the healthcare systems due to smokers continuing to smoke, BT and the GOV getting paid by them know full well that people who have been vaping will go back to old habits when vaping becomes too much of a hassle to maintain on a day to day basis.

It won't be long until the only sources we will have in the US for vaping will be either through underground labs and or through foreign countries. The power of BT and the inherently corrupt political arena will stomp out any resistance. They simply have the the funds and resources that the vaping community does not. The gov has no problem whatsoever putting all of our healths and lives at risk for cancer and heart disease, things that only cigarettes cause.
Hell I can ramble on forever, but I'm sure everyone feels the same way I do. It's an absolute travesty.

JD
make sure you join CASAA and follow notblowingsmoke.org to stay informed.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Taxes are not an acceptable means of shaping public behavior, at least not in my book...
Finally one guy that gets it. And no one answered my previous question... if sugar is so evil why is the FDA silent on recommend daily intake? The first step should be education, not taxation. The FDA has failed miserably in its most basic job.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Amen brother. Let's all do it for the children. Isn't that ALL this is really about? :)

Government doesn't care about tax, they only care about the children as they are our future.
That is what they want you to think. They only really care about the taxes. And to continue the status quo. They use the argument about the children because they know most people really do care and will offer little resistance. In my book, it just shows how low governments will go to implement whatever they want. I just wish they would STOP USING THE CHILDREN and just come out and say something that is a little more believable.

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA
Finally one guy that gets it. And no one answered my previous question... if sugar is so evil why is the FDA silent on recommend daily intake? The first step should be education, not taxation. The FDA has failed miserably in its most basic job.

Yep! If there is a small tax of about 1 percent applied to all imported and manufactured sugar, the added cost of cereal and other sweets would go unnoticed and the revenues would be a dream come true.
Sugar is one of the top items among wheat and rice etc.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
The first step should be education, not taxation.

I agree but when certain political types don't see any "progress" through education, then they resort to force - either through taxation or regulation or both.

In the case of vaping, we had about a year and a half of "education" that said at the least, that vaping is harmful, and at the most 'it was worse than smoking'. And after that we get the 'final rule'.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Yep! If there is a small tax of about 1 percent applied to all imported and manufactured sugar, the added cost of cereal and other sweets would go unnoticed and the revenues would be a dream come true.
You are suggesting a general food tax because virtually all processed foods include added sugar. Even fresh squeezed orange juice contains what some purists believe to be excessive amounts of sugar

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Well, sugar, or high fructose corn syrup? Both are very powerful industries.

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
it is full of tree hugging granola eaters

Hmmm I like trees, granola not so much, taxes very little.

have_you_hugged_a_tree_today_poster-r2fd23974e923427c9755acd2e7edb5ce_w8o_8byvr_324.jpg

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Well, sugar, or high fructose corn syrup? Both are very powerful industries.

"Powerful" only because of gov't mandates....

US Sugar Policy: Not So Sweet for the Economy

"This cartel structure makes it illegal for producers to sell sugar that exceeds their given quota. The government further controls the sugar market through a two-tiered tariff system that allows US growers to provide about 85% of the market and keeps prices artificially high. Quotas are set for both beet and cane sugar imports, and those selling under that quota are charged a lower tariff than those selling above it. Finally, the federal government operates a complicated loan system to ensure sugar prices do not fall below a government-mandated price floor."

In 2012:

The median U.S. retail sugar price was 56 cents a pound in October, compared with 35 cents in Brazil and 28 cents in India, according to Premise Data. Prices are higher in China, the No. 2 consumer, where the market is heavily regulated.

Last edited:

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
An out of state PO Box may not be enough. You might need a CC card with an out of state billing address. You 'were still in PA' when you made the purchase if your billing address is in PA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
thanks, i didn't really sit down and think too much about what i'm going to do about this. i'm sure someone will come up with a good workaround to this tax. i'll just have to keep my eyes and ears open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread