• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Updates on The Juice Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejager

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
sorry,
I like it still...for as hand made as it looks (and i went with no LED) i still like the feel of it in my hand. The learnign curve on it was always overstated, patience was the key.

I have an old Wetbox i am not using however, if you are interested PM me.

aaron

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
Wow this forum has some new postings. Cool.
Anyhow why am I looking here well I seem to have done the same thing pulled out the Juice box 10 minutes ago and wasn`t happy. It still had old liquid in it the JB weld cracked and there is a small tube looks like fish aquarium tube within that JB weld. Fish aquarium tube does not hold up to e-liquid. It is not chemical resistant. So it needs replaced as does the coil.

I`m looking at a rebuild here. :blink:
But if anyone is interested in pictures I will post some of the inside workings along with end result.
I could see this setup done smaller and the last I spoke with Carlos was he was talking like there was going to be more versions. Does anyone know if that ever happened?

thejager

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
definitely post some pics... mine was dirty when i pulled it back out... but i took some time and cleaned the parts and it was fine after i put some liquid through it a couple times...used up a lot of q tips...still it works fine, big clouds still, warm vapor...pump works...jBweld looks fine so far...

i have heard nothign from Carlos in ages and i havent heard there were other versions

Juicebox owners speak up! Do you still use it? how is it working? pics?

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
Sure will since there is interest. But as I was taking the pictures Of it. I realized I really won`t have to add a new coil wire due to this one isn`t broke/burnt at all and allowed me to pick the nasty crust off it.
It looks really good actually.
I did pull the wicking out and have pictures of it. I will post them in it`s own thread thinking this weekend perhaps.
I will be sticking new wicking in the coil spring and adding new tubing and wire then JB weld. It should come out as sweet as if Carlos did it himself.
Pretty simple but well thought out home build atomizer from what I`ve seen.
That is one thick coil wire for sure I`ve been rebuilding mine with 36 ga Nichrome wire and it is micro to this monster.

I don`t see why it wouldn`t handle 5 volt or house current for that matter. Reminds me of a toaster wire.

I already wired brushed the atty copper tubing after getting the JB weld off before I took pictures but imagine the nastiest you can and that is it.
Thanks for replying. :thumb:

I just checked my last contact with Carlos was 8/14/2010 I may try and contact him again and see what is happening.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
I might try to buy up a few, take them apart, then remake that atty with 510 threading and make it drippable. That would be my vaping Mecca

HzG8rGrl: Interested in selling it?

Never even have thought of selling the CJB. I'll have to think on that, it just sits there in my stash but at the same time, it is a part a vaping history.Hmmm.

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Never even have thought of selling the CJB. I'll have to think on that, it just sits there in my stash but at the same time, it is a part a vaping history.Hmmm.

I hear ya. I had 2 and sold them one day when i needed money. Never should have :( I think back on it now and I really miss that super strong hit. I'm hoping better juice and waay more experience will be the ticket. I have one coming from prince. Thx again bro! I would def like to wrangle up more than one tho (obviously since if one breaks im SOL). Think about it and let me know, and know it will be in an excellent home with if you do decide to let it go ;) If not I'll just put up a WTB ad.

Nice to have some of the old crew from way back in the day chattin bout CJB's tho! :) This was my first super huge ecig obsession lol That wait was THE LONGEST. Again, if anyone has recently spoken with Carlos speak up!

thejager

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I agree...it was fun journey with Carlos...if not hectic at times for some. But his product was still important for the community i think. Same goes for Trog and his screwdrivers i think. Lots of others too of course. I gotta find a back up too.
Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread