upgraded myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

op3operator

Feb 23, 2016
Canada,sk,regina
So hey there, Been awhile since i've been on here.I came from using the kanger topbox mini setup and the rba,then I dropped my mod and the tank broke.So after that I went to the aspire cleito 120 tank and the coils really sucked the $$$ out of me burnt hits all day defected coils, I had one pack of coils with no coils in two of them( no wire), store wouldn't even give me a refund on them,and you could tell they weren't messed with either.

So finally i said i'm done with tanks and store bought coils, about a month ago i picked up a wismec indestructible rda real deal and a velocity styled rda, clone for myself.

So on black Friday i managed to score a wismec rx200s for $30.00 cad. coming from the kanger 75 watt.
I'm currently messing with the wismec rda on the single coil set up,using my own made twisted kanthal 24g, coming in at 0.4ohms, for now i want to stay around 0.4-0.5 ohms.
What would my benefits be of going towards the dual coil set up? I dont really hear of alot of people only using single coil setups? i know it will use more juice. more battery.

How often do you guys change your cotton and dry burn the coil? I find every morning my cotton is dark brown so i change it out daily.Not a big deal i can do it pretty fast.

Im also looking to build my own claptons i was thinking of 32g and 26g kanthal what do you think.?

So finally after 4 weeks now of being on an rda all I can say is why didn't i do this sooner lol, i'm still learning lots but taking it slow.

Reactions: daviedog

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
How often and what do you vape that warrants a daily cotton change? just curious.

Welcome to the forums! Single coil set-ups are great for flavor and your batteries thank you (by maintaining charge longer) A dual coil will draw more current and tax your batteries, but will produce much more vapor (as well as drink more e-liquid) You have a great platform to experiment with, and that's part of the fun with RDAs!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I use dual coils in RDAs and single coils in RBA Tanks.

Mostly, I don't use Claptons... my experience is you have to whack up the power and then the RDAs get very hot too. I tried one Clapton in a Kayfun 5 and took it out within about a day.

I'm pretty much set on just under 0.9ohm for single coils.
0.45 (around) for dual coil RDAs (regulated) and
0.25-0.30 for unregulated squonkers etc.

I re-wick RDAs once and week (but I run 2 or 3) and more often on tank atomizers.

op3operator

Feb 23, 2016
Canada,sk,regina
oh man i feel like i vape to much with changing my cotton daily lol I vape probably more than i should i went from 6mg on tank and coils to 3mg on the rda i still feel like i get enough NIC ,but I like the setup i got so I prob use it more than i really need to. Im prob just over thinking the cotton I guess it's not to bad with being 6 bucks for cotton bacon 2.0.
I been on this cotton for 2 days now,i tried some new juice it\s clear no color and just starting to get a lil darker cotton now. Weird brand nameand product name Masturvape -EBOLA tastes like green monster energy.80vg

And yeah i mean i like the single coil set up less to worry about in a sense.i guess the dual is something i can try and see if i like.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I been on this cotton for 2 days now,i tried some new juice it\s clear no color and just starting to get a lil darker cotton now. Weird brand nameand product name Masturvape -EBOLA tastes like green monster energy.80vg
And yeah i mean i like the single coil set up less to worry about in a sense.i guess the dual is something i can try and see if i like.
Could try Graham CelluCotton Coil - 100% Rayon #44130 . With two coils, you tend to get more vape cloud and go through your juice quicker. If that's your thing, go for it.
Wicks: need to watch for burning and buildup. Color, less so but can indicate buildup. A new chocolate vape will discolor a new wick and yet the wick is still good to go.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
So hey there, Been awhile since i've been on here.I came from using the kanger topbox mini setup and the rba,then I dropped my mod and the tank broke.So after that I went to the aspire cleito 120 tank and the coils really sucked the $$$ out of me burnt hits all day defected coils, I had one pack of coils with no coils in two of them( no wire), store wouldn't even give me a refund on them,and you could tell they weren't messed with either.

So finally i said i'm done with tanks and store bought coils, about a month ago i picked up a wismec indestructible rda real deal and a velocity styled rda, clone for myself.

So on black Friday i managed to score a wismec rx200s for $30.00 cad. coming from the kanger 75 watt.
I'm currently messing with the wismec rda on the single coil set up,using my own made twisted kanthal 24g, coming in at 0.4ohms, for now i want to stay around 0.4-0.5 ohms.
What would my benefits be of going towards the dual coil set up? I dont really hear of alot of people only using single coil setups? i know it will use more juice. more battery.

How often do you guys change your cotton and dry burn the coil? I find every morning my cotton is dark brown so i change it out daily.Not a big deal i can do it pretty fast.

Im also looking to build my own claptons i was thinking of 32g and 26g kanthal what do you think.?

So finally after 4 weeks now of being on an rda all I can say is why didn't i do this sooner lol, i'm still learning lots but taking it slow.

Keep in mind that with dual coils you will cut the ohm in half. ie. if installing a couple of 1.0 ohm coils you will test out and run them at 0.50 ohm.

If you haven't already been to steam engine's site here is a link. Notice the tabs on the upper part of the page. Great site.

Coil wrapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread