upgrading from old mod and tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had evic last only a year before dieing and now a evic supreme the button quite working after year and half. So black friday i decided to upgrade to a box mod it was bettween the ipv3-li $70 and sigelei 150 tc $50 mods.

I went with the sigelei, because after reading the forums a lot of people say sigelei is way more reliable. I hope i didnt make a bad choice since the sigelei doesnt support titanium coils. I ordered some ni200 .15 coils for my atlantis v2. I see alot of people dont like the ni200 coils they say titanium is better. I have about 20 used old coils for the atlantis can they be rebuilt with titanium or nickel wire? I was only getting 4-7 days out of a stock coil on the evic 80vg/20pg menthol no nic.

As for batteries i ordered the sigelei with two Efest Purple 18650 IMR 2100mAh Flat Top Battery - 38A. I also have 4 sony or samsung 18650 30amp the green batteries. Are those safe to run in the sigelei?

I also have Iclear30 tank 1.5-2.1 coils, are these ok to run on the segelei? I like to vape the iclear when in the car because juice last alot longer then with the atlantis. the vape is awesome with the atlantis.

Where is a good place to buy nickel or titanium wire and organic cotton at a good price?

Feel free to comment on any of this as im out of date on my vaping.

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Cotton is preference. You can buy a ton of rayon for cheap if you live near a Sally's. I like Japanese cotton.
Lightningvapes.com has titanium and ni200, plus today only 40% off sitewide which is stated on their website.

I googled pictures for the iClear 30. It looks like a 510 connection on it, so it should work fine.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I would have chosen the Siggie over the IPV myself. I have a couple of TC mods, but I don't use TC a lot, and have never tried Ti wire, so I can't comment on that. Batteries are important. Very important. I do not like the Efest ones as they are re-wraps and you never know what battery you're getting. Whatever they may be, they are not 38 amp CDR batteries. Period. Depending on how you vape the machine, I would recommend Sony VTC4s if you are routinely over 60-70 watts; or Samsung 25Rs or LG HE2s or HE4s is you are mostly under that power. This is not to say the Efests won't work; they will. But there's no way to know how good they are. They might be 20 amp batteries. Or they might be 10 amp batteries. The iClear 30 tank will fit on the Sig just fine, and will work if the Sig can be turned down far enough. With those coil values, you'll probably want to be in the 10-15 watt range. +1 on Lightning Vapes for the wires. And I personally wick Rayon.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    I had evic last only a year before dieing and now a evic supreme the button quite working after year and half. So black friday i decided to upgrade to a box mod it was bettween the ipv3-li $70 and sigelei 150 tc $50 mods.

I went with the sigelei, because after reading the forums a lot of people say sigelei is way more reliable. I hope i didnt make a bad choice since the sigelei doesnt support titanium coils. I ordered some ni200 .15 coils for my atlantis v2. I see alot of people dont like the ni200 coils they say titanium is better. I have about 20 used old coils for the atlantis can they be rebuilt with titanium or nickel wire? I was only getting 4-7 days out of a stock coil on the evic 80vg/20pg menthol no nic.

As for batteries i ordered the sigelei with two Efest Purple 18650 IMR 2100mAh Flat Top Battery - 38A. I also have 4 sony or samsung 18650 30amp the green batteries. Are those safe to run in the sigelei?

I also have Iclear30 tank 1.5-2.1 coils, are these ok to run on the segelei? I like to vape the iclear when in the car because juice last alot longer then with the atlantis. the vape is awesome with the atlantis.

Where is a good place to buy nickel or titanium wire and organic cotton at a good price?

Feel free to comment on any of this as im out of date on my vaping.

Welcome to ECF!

I think the Atlantis IIs are great, and the coils are rebuildable with whatever wire you see fit. Of course since the Sigelei does not use TI, use the Ni200. Save your old coil/atomizer! At any time in the near future they may become unavailable due to govt intervention. Follow this handy vid to rebuild.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    I would have chosen the Siggie over the IPV myself. I have a couple of TC mods, but I don't use TC a lot, and have never tried Ti wire, so I can't comment on that. Batteries are important. Very important. I do not like the Efest ones as they are re-wraps and you never know what battery you're getting. Whatever they may be, they are not 38 amp CDR batteries. Period. Depending on how you vape the machine, I would recommend Sony VTC4s if you are routinely over 60-70 watts; or Samsung 25Rs or LG HE2s or HE4s is you are mostly under that power. This is not to say the Efests won't work; they will. But there's no way to know how good they are. They might be 20 amp batteries. Or they might be 10 amp batteries. The iClear 30 tank will fit on the Sig just fine, and will work if the Sig can be turned down far enough. With those coil values, you'll probably want to be in the 10-15 watt range. +1 on Lightning Vapes for the wires. And I personally wick Rayon.

I use Samsung25r batteries and organic cotton balls from Walgreen's or swispers.

I did a search and found this (17) Purple Efest Batteries not as Advertised | E-Cigarette Forum

It says the 38a efest is 20a continuous battery. Is that a safe a rating for the sigelei 150? I dont think ill be anywhere near the 150 mark but you never know.

btw thanks on the lightingvapes I ordered some ni200 50', kanthal 100', and there cotton for just over $10

Last edited:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2014
    Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
    I did a search and found this (17) Purple Efest Batteries not as Advertised | E-Cigarette Forum

It says the 38a efest is 20a continuous battery. Is that a safe a rating for the sigelei 150? I dont think ill be anywhere near the 150 mark but you never know.

btw thanks on the lightingvapes I ordered some ni200 50', kanthal 100', and there cotton for just over $10
    20 amp CDR is safe enough if you are routinely under 60-70 watts. You can go over it occasionally with no harm, but if you're going to vape at high watts all the time, you risk stressing the batteries. In that case I'd go with the Sonys.

I was going to return the efest but they delivered today. so i dont think its even worth it to ship them back. I was looking at the vtc4 but every site says authentic, but all the forums say that they dont even make a sony vtc anymore. Also the manual says use sigelei 35a but im sure its just a rewraped battery but i cant find any test done on that battery.

also what would be the max jouls and temp for .15 ni200 coil with the efest battery?

I have the altantis that i use most of the time.

I went ahead and order two pairs of vtc4 from liionwholesale.com Has anyone from here bought from them before?

I took my new sigelei out of the box and the screen had a tiny scratch on it and the battery post look a little scuff up. This is the 2nd mod i bought from evcigarette.com i notice the first evic i bought had a few puffs on the counter. I tested it and works so im not to much worried about it. But i was just wondering if scuffs on the battery post are normal from factory?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread