Upgrading my box mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theCannibalGirl

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2014
Sevierville, TN
Let me preface this by saying I have an MVP 3.0 and I absolutely love it. I recently starting using subohm tanks (I have the Target and I ordered an isub apex) and I'm loving the airflow and now prefer lung hits. My problem is I don't think I'm getting the most out of my tanks because of my battery. I want to keep with an internal battery and would really love to change my wattage in .1 incriments. Any suggestions would be great!

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
Let me preface this by saying I have an MVP 3.0 and I absolutely love it. I recently starting using subohm tanks (I have the Target and I ordered an isub apex) and I'm loving the airflow and now prefer lung hits. My problem is I don't think I'm getting the most out of my tanks because of my battery. I want to keep with an internal battery and would really love to change my wattage in .1 incriments. Any suggestions would be great!

Thank you!

What price range are you looking at? There's a lot of great devices available along a wide span of prices.

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
The Reuleaux RX200 is a 3 battery (great battery life) 200w mod. Its also small and comfortable to hold but a bit heavy because of the 3 batteries. It will handle anything you can throw at it and is only $50-60ish.

Reuleaux RX200 by Jaybo Design & Wismec

Any of the Sigelei \ IPV mods should also fit the bill.

Mods - Regulated - Eciggity

theCannibalGirl

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2014
Sevierville, TN
The Reuleaux RX200 is a 3 battery (great battery life) 200w mod. Its also small and comfortable to hold but a bit heavy because of the 3 batteries. It will handle anything you can throw at it and is only $50-60ish.

Reuleaux RX200 by Jaybo Design & Wismec

Any of the Sigelei \ IPV mods should also fit the bill.

Mods - Regulated - Eciggity
I really don't want to have to change batteries. I prefer the built in battery. Thank you for the suggestions though! The Reuleaux is beautiful though.

Reactions: Tagi

EthanThorn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2015
El Dorado KS

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
You could take a look at this one. It is new but might fit the bill.

Tesla Nano 60W Temperature Control Mod

Glad I came across this last night, thanks. I've been looking for another that's self contained, small and with a battery over 3000 mAh. It's stylish too. That website you linked wasn't working very well though, and I couldn't find it for sale on any other websites so I ordered last night from eBay - and it shipped already!

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I just don't feel like the mods that need batteries are as safe as internal batteries. It could be a misconception on my part.

Mods with interchangeable batteries aren't any more dangerous than those with built in ones. Just make sure that you use quality brand name batteries (for example Samsung 25r, Samsung 30q, LG hg2, LG he4, Sony vtc4), bought from a reputable seller. An external charger is definitely a good idea as well. You'll have a much greater selection to chose from if you go for a mod with changeable batteries.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: DaveP

theCannibalGirl

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2014
Sevierville, TN
Mods with interchangeable batteries aren't any more dangerous than those with built in ones. Just make sure that you use quality brand name batteries (for example Samsung 25r, Samsung 30q, LG hg2, LG he4, Sony vtc4), bought from a reputable seller. An external charger is definitely a good idea as well. You'll have a much greater selection to chose from if you go for a mod with changeable batteries.

Aren't the mods that generally explode the ones with removable batteries? That's my fear. How do you know what type of battery to use?

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Aren't the mods that generally explode the ones with removable batteries? That's my fear. How do you know what type of battery to use?

Most of the news are about mechanical mods (when any actual information is given), which are unregulated mods without any safety features. The accidents are primarily due to user error. As for regulated mods, there's no big difference between built-in and exchangeable battery mods as to failures. In fact, one of the mods that's known to have had problems has a built in battery - one of the early isticks. If you use any of the batteries I listed, and buy them from a trusted supplier (not eBay), you'll be fine - but it's still a good idea to read Mooch's and Baditude's blogs in the battery subforum.

skiball

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
Hey for what your looking for I'd go with the smok r80. It's top watts is 80 and has a internal 4000 mah battery. For what it is its a decent size and smok has recently been putting out good products so this should be a win. Right now only the kits are avil in the states. The tank that would come with it is the tfv4 micro but for 55$ for the kit why not have a extra tank just in case. Smok Micro One Starter Kit $54.99 Also most mods that explode are mech mods with a hybrid cap. If your using a regulated device with decent batteries like samsung 25r or lg hg2 you won't have a problem.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

theCannibalGirl

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2014
Sevierville, TN
Most of the news are about mechanical mods (when any actual information is given), which are unregulated mods without any safety features. The accidents are primarily due to user error. As for regulated mods, there's no big difference between built-in and exchangeable battery mods as to failures. In fact, one of the mods that's known to have had problems has a built in battery - one of the early isticks. If you use any of the batteries I listed, and buy them from a trusted supplier (not eBay), you'll be fine - but it's still a good idea to read Mooch's and Baditude's blogs in the battery subforum.

What would be a good regulated mod to start with?

EthanThorn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2015
El Dorado KS

I fully agree with this most of the news stories are meant to make us afraid of them as networks also make money from big tobacco for ad's money they lose every time one of us starts vaping.

Hey for what your looking for I'd go with the smok r80. It's top watts is 80 and has a internal 4000 mah battery. For what it is its a decent size and smok has recently been putting out good products so this should be a win. Right now only the kits are avil in the states. The tank that would come with it is the tfv4 micro but for 55$ for the kit why not have a extra tank just in case. Smok Micro One Starter Kit $54.99 Also most mods that explode are mech mods with a hybrid cap. If your using a regulated device with decent batteries like samsung 25r or lg hg2 you won't have a problem.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Smok to many issues there with the mods love the TFV4 but hardware problems update and upgrade where the user is unable to do them charging you to ship them to a chosen location and charge you to ship back i just avoid smok for mods.

In my opinion the Evic VTC Mini offers the best bang for he buck at the moment.

I agree with that 70 watts with updates can't really go wrong if you the money but there is also the topbox nano from kanger and the coolfire 4 plus from innokin that are good starter kits as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread