Upgrading my box mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Let me preface this by saying I have an MVP 3.0 and I absolutely love it. I recently starting using subohm tanks (I have the Target and I ordered an isub apex) and I'm loving the airflow and now prefer lung hits. My problem is I don't think I'm getting the most out of my tanks because of my battery. I want to keep with an internal battery and would really love to change my wattage in .1 incriments. Any suggestions would be great!

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Cannibal Girl, you indicated that you wanted to sub ohm. The Innokin MVP 3.0 Pro 60W does go down to .2 ohms. Yours must be the prior model, the MVP 3.0 (not Pro 60W). The Pro 60W also has a 4500mah battery built in for longer vape time and sub ohm current draw.

iTaste MVP 3.0 Pro 60w | Innokin | Express Kit

The Innokin iTaste MVP 3.0 Pro has the same no-compromise features as the original MVP 3.0 but takes power output and longevity into all new territory. The new MVP 3.0 Pro features an advanced polymer Li-ion that will generate 60 watts down to .2 ohms. That's twice the output potential of the original MVP 3.0. Even if you don't need all that power in your setup, the MVP 3.0 Pro is still an ideal everyday mod, because at moderate power levels the 4500 mAh battery will last for days on end.

Specs and Features:

• Operating Voltage: 3.0 – 9.0v
  • Operating Wattage: 6 – 60w
  • Battery: 3.7V 4500mAh
  • Minimum resistance: 0.2Ω
  • 102mm x 46mm x 23mm
  • 15 second cutoff
  • Screen flip option
  • Short Circuit, Over/Under Voltage, Temperature protection
  • Vape while charging capable
  • Setting memory
  • Portable power source for electronic products

theCannibalGirl

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2014
Sevierville, TN
Cannibal Girl, you indicated that you wanted to sub ohm. The Innokin MVP 3.0 Pro 60W does go down to .2 ohms. Yours must be the prior model, the MVP 3.0 (not Pro 60W). The Pro 60W also has a 4500mah battery built in for longer vape time and sub ohm current draw.

iTaste MVP 3.0 Pro 60w | Innokin | Express Kit
I do have the previous mvp 3.0. I'm a huge fan of innokin products and I've been going back and forth between the Cool Fire 4 Plus or the MVP 3.0 Pro.

Reactions: DaveP

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I do have the previous mvp 3.0. I'm a huge fan of innokin products and I've been going back and forth between the Cool Fire 4 Plus or the MVP 3.0 Pro.

The Coolfire 4 is a good mod. I have it and the MVP 30 Pro 60W. CF4 is a 40w mod with about 1/3 less top end wattage than the MVP 3.0 Pro. The MVP 3.0 Pro has a 4500mah battery where the Coolfire 4 has a 2000mah battery. You could expect something like twice the vape time on the MVP 3.0 Pro.

OTOH, the MVP 3.0 Pro is rectangular with squared corners and the CF4 is rounded and smooth. You might want to find a vape shop in TN that carries both so that you can touch and feel and decide which design you like.

I use both of them in rotation, as well as others. Right now, I'm pressure washing the siding on my house. In my pocket is my beater mod, an iStick 20W that's been through all sorts of pocket carry in outside projects. I save my better mods for inside use and for when I go out. :)

Last edited:

theCannibalGirl

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2014
Sevierville, TN
The Coolfire 4 is a good mod. I have it and the MVP 30 Pro 60W. CF4 is a 40w mod with about 1/3 less top end wattage than the MVP 3.0 Pro.

OTOH, the MVP 3.0 Pro is rectangular with squared corners and the CF4 is rounded and smooth. You might want to find a vape shop in TN that carries both so that you can touch and feel and decide which design you like.

I use both of them in rotation, as well as others. Right now, I'm pressure washing the siding on my house. In my pocket is my beater mod, an iStick 20W that's been through all sorts of pocket carry in outside projects. I save my better mods for inside use and for when I go out. :)
Strangely enough I love the large boxy feel of the MVP. If you are vaping 30-50 watts continuously, which battery is going to last longer? I'm using my current mvp at 29 watts and the battery drains really quick.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Strangely enough I love the large boxy feel of the MVP. If you are vaping 30-50 watts continuously, which battery is going to last longer? I'm using my current mvp at 29 watts and the battery drains really quick.

If you don't mind the size and are looking for battery charge longevity, the MVP 3.0 Pro might be the ticket. I get almost two full days on a charge from my MVP 3.0 Pro vaping a 1.9 ohm coil at 10 watts. You should be able to get a day at 30-50 watts. With the USB passthrough you could plug it in from time to time and still vape on.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I really don't want to have to change batteries. I prefer the built in battery. Thank you for the suggestions though! The Reuleaux is beautiful though.

You can charge it via USB if you don't want to change batteries

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

theCannibalGirl

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2014
Sevierville, TN
You can charge it via USB if you don't want to change batteries

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I thought you weren't supposed to charge the batteries like that? I thought you had to remove the batteries and use a dedicated charger for safety reasons.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I thought you weren't supposed to charge the batteries like that? I thought you had to remove the batteries and use a dedicated charger for safety reasons.

It is generally agreed this is the best course of action.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
You could take a look at this one. It is new but might fit the bill.

Tesla Nano 60W Temperature Control Mod

Glad I came across this last night, thanks. I've been looking for another that's self contained, small and with a battery over 3000 mAh. It's stylish too. That website you linked wasn't working very well though, and I couldn't find it for sale on any other websites so I ordered last night from eBay - and it shipped already!

Let us how you like it.

My Tesla Nano 60W two-day priority package got stuck in Georgia for several days (I never have luck with the USPS), but I finally received it last night. This thing is pretty sweet. Heavier than I would have liked, in fact surprisingly heavy considering how small. I realize it has a large battery, but it and it's 3600 mAh battery is much heavier the iStick 50 and it's 4400 mAh battery. It's much shorter than an iStick 50, or even the 30, but it's a little wider than the 50.

I would say it's built like a tank, except it has fire button rattle. Considering it's one thing that reviewers always mention, you'd thing companies would start making sure there is none. It's a minor rattle though but the up/down buttons have no rattle. Oh but to the OP.... the buttons adjust in .5 increments, not .1 increments.

It's really really comfortable in the hand and the design is thought out really well for that. If you fire with your thumb, your palm sits nicely in the cutout for the display and three fingers comfortable grip the rounded backside and your pinky rests on the bottom corner, which is cut away. I wondered when seeing the pictures if that bottom corner being cut out was just for looks, but it's not. If the that corner was just squared off, it wouldn't be nearly as comfortable.

I vape between around 35 watts give or take and knew I needed a battery about this size to get me through a whole day, but wanted a compact package. It's a nice addition to the collection. I'm very happy I got it. I got the blue one by the way.

60w%20nano%2003.jpg

60w%20nano%2001.jpg

60w%20nano%2004.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ian91

theCannibalGirl

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2014
Sevierville, TN
My Tesla Nano 60W two-day priority package got stuck in Georgia for several days (I never have luck with the USPS), but I finally received it last night. This thing is pretty sweet. Heavier than I would have liked, in fact surprisingly heavy considering how small. I realize it has a large battery, but it and it's 3600 mAh battery is much heavier the iStick 50 and it's 4400 mAh battery. It's much shorter than an iStick 50, or even the 30, but it's a little wider than the 50.

I would say it's built like a tank, except it has fire button rattle. Considering it's one thing that reviewers always mention, you'd thing companies would start making sure there is none. It's a minor rattle though but the up/down buttons have no rattle. Oh but to the OP.... the buttons adjust in .5 increments, not .1 increments.

It's really really comfortable in the hand and the design is thought out really well for that. If you fire with your thumb, your palm sits nicely in the cutout for the display and three fingers comfortable grip the rounded backside and your pinky rests on the bottom corner, which is cut away. I wondered when seeing the pictures if that bottom corner being cut out was just for looks, but it's not. If the that corner was just squared off, it wouldn't be nearly as comfortable.

I vape between around 35 watts give or take and knew I needed a battery about this size to get me through a whole day, but wanted a compact package. It's a nice addition to the collection. I'm very happy I got it. I got the blue one by the way.

60w%20nano%2003.jpg

60w%20nano%2001.jpg

60w%20nano%2004.jpg
It's a pretty device. I'm so used to the position of the fire button on my mvp 3 I'm not sure if I would like the placement on the Tesla. I wonder if a local B&M has one in stock. I generally vape around 28 watts and my battery drains so fast. How has the battery life been?

Reactions: Garnoch

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
It's a pretty device. I'm so used to the position of the fire button on my mvp 3 I'm not sure if I would like the placement on the Tesla. I wonder if a local B&M has one in stock. I generally vape around 28 watts and my battery drains so fast. How has the battery life been?

I wondered about the fire button placement too, but because of how short it is, it really is perfect as long as you're okay with it's width. I'll post one comparison pic below and if you want more thought and picture, you can check out this thread....
The Tesla Nano 60W TC

Battery life is great. I spent yesterday from 9am until midnight running it from 32 watts to 55 watts and though it was on one bar when I plugged it in, it didn't die.

I want to say though that the very slight rattle I hear is not coming from the fire button, it's coming from the down button only.

Keep in mind, it doesn't adjust wattage in .1 increments though. I actually prefer .5 so it works for me.

24559782949_b786fa4fc2_h.jpg

Last edited:

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
In my opinion the Evic VTC Mini offers the best bang for he buck at the moment.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk
+1 for this. I have 4 of these and think they are the best mod going. Fits well in the hand, lots of power, upgradeable and small price. Can't go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread