Status
Not open for further replies.

Motek777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
I stopped for 4 days

Thanks! It's a urine test, the just do it with a normal pre-employment drug screening. I can't fail for any reason so the patch excuse won't work, that's just considered failing.

4 days....Oh boy this is not going to be fun! But I will do it, this job is too good not to.

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
Yeah it was urine when i took it. It mayyyy have been 5 days. This is also dependant on your metabolism, your diet, and other things. If you are overweight at all, i would add time, if you may not be drinking enough water, add time, etc. I know i have pretty high metabolism and it was recommended to take 2 weeks off, and i said forget it ill do it with a week. Then i failed a little bit, maybe 2 or 3 days of fail before i managed to stop for the 4-5 days

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Thanks! It's a urine test, the just do it with a normal pre-employment drug screening. I can't fail for any reason so the patch excuse won't work, that's just considered failing.

4 days....Oh boy this is not going to be fun! But I will do it, this job is too good not to.
I'm hoping you'll be pleasantly surprised that it won't be as hard as you imagine.
There have been some reports where people went to zero nicotine accidentally and didn't notice.

Maybe you'll get lucky!

But keep us posted, and if you have trouble we'll be here for you.
:)

Motek777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
If it were only about benefits & paying extra I wouldn't stress it, I would pay the higher premium.

This company has a zero nic policy so the job offer will be rescinded if I fail it. I personally think what I do on my time is none of their damn business but since they only test at hire (no random testing) I'm going to do my best to pass & get the job.

Thanks for all the support! Tomorrow as long as 0 nic juice arrives on schedule will be the start. My start date for the job is a few weeks away so I won't schedule to go do the screening until sometime next week. (at least they let you schedule it!! I was worried they would say be here tomorrow!!)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Hardly anyone has a zero cotinine level since walking past a smoking area and breathing second hand smoke can register on those tests. If its a good job offer and you want to work there, I'd give myself some breathing room on the quit period and go for a few days longer than you think it takes to clear your system. Drink lots of water during the days before to flush your system.

I just don't see how companies are justifying cotinine levels for employment. As long as you don't smoke on or in company property, your liability should be nill, even if you are a smoker after hours. Yes, it's about driving up healthcare costs for all employees based on the number of smokers employed. I'm paying a good bit more for life insurance because I smoked when I took out the policy after retirement. Now, they require a one year wait period for issuing a policy in non smoking status and I would have no cash value from the previous policy. It required a certain number of years in effect before cash surrender value started to accrue.

It might make you feel better to know that estimates say that the average vaper gets 10% to 30% of the nic from vaping that they got while smoking. That week to 10 days of vaping 0 nic juice might be easier than you think.

MaDeuce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Auburn, OH
The good news is it has a half life of 20 hours so in 20 hours half is gone in another 20 hours half of that is gone, etc. You could also, as a back up plan say that you use the nicotine patch?????? I'm not sure you want to go there if you don't have to.

The half-life of nicotine is 2 hours, so drink lots of water particularly if it's a urine test. As nicotine enters the body, it is distributed quickly through the bloodstream and crosses the blood–brain barrier reaching the brain within 10–20 seconds after inhalation. The elimination half-life of nicotine in the body is around two hours. Nicotine is the natural product of tobacco, having a half-life of 1 to 2 hours. Cotinine is an active metabolite of nicotine that remains in the blood for 18 to 20 hours, making it easier to analyze due to its longer half-life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread