Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
It appears that the Senate Bill 97 has been sent to Governor Abbot's desk. I am urging all Texas vapers to flood his office with calls. I called moments ago, but one voice isn't likely to be heard. The number I dialed is (512) 463-2000 I asked to be able to get a message to the governor, and was directed to a recording to leave a message, but if you stay on the line, a person will pick up that you can speak to. I gave them my concerns as follows regarding the adult age verification requirement for all online sales of E juice.

1. Adult age verification is only available from the PO for those 21 and over, so that 18, 19, and 20 yr olds who can legally purchase E-cigs and E-juice online won't be able to with the age verification

2. Makes it incredibly difficult for people who work who can't get to the PO, particularly in areas where Post Offices have reduced hours

3. Very difficult for military members who may not have people willing to sign

4. Very difficult for low income folks who already have a hard time paying for items and shipping, we'll now have to pay an additional fee of what I've heard can be from 6.00 - 15.00 to the PO for the age verification.

5. Very difficult for elderly and/or disable who can't get to the PO if they either don't get to the door quickly enough or the postman simply fails to even go to their door with a package as often happens, and only leaves the card in their mailbox to pick the pkg up at the PO

6. Won't stop teens from getting e cigs if they want them. We all know as teens we found ways to obtain things we were old enough to have. Many of us started smoking as teenagers.

7. Legislators should support vaping rather than trying to make it more difficult because it can save lives.

8. 50 states making their own independent rules regarding what can and cannot be sold online, will ultimately force many online vape stores out of business. No small business like these can fulfill all the various requirements of 50 different states.

If y'all can think of other reasons that he should not sign this bill into law, please leave them here, and please call his office to voice your concerns. If the Governor receives enough calls about this, we can possibly stop him from signing this.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
It appears that the Senate Bill 97 has been sent to Governor Abbot's desk. I am urging all Texas vapers to flood his office with calls. I called moments ago, but one voice isn't likely to be heard. The number I dialed is (512) 463-2000 I asked to be able to get a message to the governor, and was directed to a recording to leave a message, but if you stay on the line, a person will pick up that you can speak to. I gave them my concerns as follows regarding the adult age verification requirement for all online sales of E juice.

1. Adult age verification is only available from the PO for those 21 and over, so that 18, 19, and 20 yr olds who can legally purchase E-cigs and E-juice online won't be able to with the age verification

2. Makes it incredibly difficult for people who work who can't get to the PO, particularly in areas where Post Offices have reduced hours

3. Very difficult for military members who may not have people willing to sign

4. Very difficult for low income folks who already have a hard time paying for items and shipping, we'll now have to pay an additional fee of what I've heard can be from 6.00 - 15.00 to the PO for the age verification.

5. Very difficult for elderly and/or disable who can't get to the PO if they either don't get to the door quickly enough or the postman simply fails to even go to their door with a package as often happens, and only leaves the card in their mailbox to pick the pkg up at the PO

6. Won't stop teens from getting e cigs if they want them. We all know as teens we found ways to obtain things we were old enough to have. Many of us started smoking as teenagers.

7. Legislators should support vaping rather than trying to make it more difficult because it can save lives.

8. 50 states making their own independent rules regarding what can and cannot be sold online, will ultimately force many online vape stores out of business. No small business like these can fulfill all the various requirements of 50 different states.

If y'all can think of other reasons that he should not sign this bill into law, please leave them here, and please call his office to voice your concerns. If the Governor receives enough calls about this, we can possibly stop him from signing this.

You're right they should support vaping but one thing you can't do to any arm of the government is mess with their money. Money to them holds higher priority than family, who they pray to, or the people they swore to serve. When everyone went to ecigs instead of smoking the tobacco companies and government both lost a lot of revenue. They don't care if you get lung cancer, emphysema, bronchitis, or die from smoking related diseases as long as they keep getting their money. We put them in office because we believed their bs but until there is a change it will remain the same.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Well Deb, I called. The call itself made my blood pressure go up. They put me on hold, and nearly blasted my ear drum with their wait music. Then when I said what it was about, and I had something to say about it, the rude lady sent me to a voice recording. I had two minutes to make a recording. I think they must be getting a few calls, because the lady didn't sound very happy. Oh well, that is their JOB.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Did they still have that wait music way way way too loud? That irked me. I think it was so you would just get off the phone, and not leave a message.

Nope, a lady answered and connected me with a place to leave my message. Had my say and done. But I wanted it well known that if Abbott signed the bill he had lost my vote. I still hold a grudge against Perry, he'll never get a vote from me.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
When everyone went to ecigs instead of smoking the tobacco companies and government both lost a lot of revenue.
jup that's true. Tx didn't take any of the tobacco money, but they're still losing tax money from sales, and very true, they don't care about people, just the $

I think they must be getting a few calls, because the lady didn't sound very happy. Oh well, that is their JOB.
Thanks to you and to everyone who called. I hope they are. I was shocked this didn't appear in new threads, was hoping to get a much bigger response. Dunno when he might sign it (hopefully he won't) but here's hoping there is still time. I put a link to this in threads I go to where I there are many Texans. But, jup, definitely spread the word!!

Called and left a message 'sign SB 97 and loose my vote'
Nice!!! and thanks!!! Granted Tx isn't doing some of the horrible things other states are doing......yet......but this is just ridiculous. Won't solve anything, and will only cause problems for many folks!

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Some people have not seen this, nor heard of this. If you list your state in ECF...wouldn't it be cool if you could sign up to an update for your state. (or have it automatically come to you, but you could opt out at any time) I didn't know about all this until a few months after I started vaping. I bet there are going to be a lot of ticked off people, who won't know, until the law is enacted. I hope some who saw this message responded, whether they posted about it, or not.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Mostly it's a canned response tho.
yeah same here. I honestly don't know how much good those do, but it's quick and easy and it may help. Most of the canned responses I get say, if you really want us to hear you, contact us here, or call xxx.xxxx But if his aides really tell him about our calls, this may end up helping. Just hope it's under a big pile of other stuff on his desk, so he can't find it. lol

Reactions: Steelgirl

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
yeah same here. I honestly don't know how much good those do, but it's quick and easy and it may help. Most of the canned responses I get say, if you really want us to hear you, contact us here, or call xxx.xxxx But if his aides really tell him about our calls, this may end up helping. Just hope it's under a big pile of other stuff on his desk, so he can't find it. lol
At this point,it will take at least 100,000 calls to even make him take notice. The Legislature has passed this and since most politicians do not understand vaping--only what comes from Federal HHS,"Health Groups--ACA,and so on it will be hard to convince them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread