usage tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Sinquanon
I notice you are vaping on power mode like I've always done, up until this weekend when I finally broke down and tried TC. In power mode I'd fire for no more than 1 maybe 2 seconds with a short strong draw. No way I could make that a longer draw without burning the wick. On power mode the coil just gets hotter and hotter, too hot to keep firing.

TC mode is much different. It will measure the resistance (and thereby the heat) and shut down if it gets too hot. Now I can draw the 6 to 8 seconds and get a ton more vapor. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

Reactions: Eskie

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
Hi Sinquanon
I notice you are vaping on power mode like I've always done, up until this weekend when I finally broke down and tried TC. In power mode I'd fire for no more than 1 maybe 2 seconds with a short strong draw. No way I could make that a longer draw without burning the wick. On power mode the coil just gets hotter and hotter, too hot to keep firing.

TC mode is much different. It will measure the resistance (and thereby the heat) and shut down if it gets too hot. Now I can draw the 6 to 8 seconds and get a ton more vapor. Give it a try and see if it works for you.
Nautilus 1.8 coils are Kanthal. They aren't compatible with TC.

Reactions: Eskie

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
Everyone is a little different but MBV's Extreme Ice was my every day vape until they stopped selling the 235ml bottles, and I still have a Nautilus in my tank rotation.
If you're new to vaping/just quitting smoking, and don't seem to be satisfying your nicotine craving, I'd suggest trying a higher level of nicotine (24 mg/ml)
20w is probably a little higher than the Nautilus should be running at (even on the 1.6 ohm coils) Dial the power down to about 10w, and take a couple of puffs. Bump it up one watt at a time until you find what tastes right for you.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
and I suppose there's no RBA for that tank, pity.

There is a third party RBA, but it almost doesn't count given how difficult it is to build on. You would have to be incredibly loyal to the Nauti to do that. Given how the market has matured, finding a replacement that will accept TC factory coils (if you don't want to build) is far more cost and time effective than trying to turn the Nauti into something it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread