Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
A cable is just wires soldered to pins, terminated in a plug. No regulation there. Unfortunately I can't help with specifics, but I DO know there are things to be aware of. There was a recent thread with good links in it, gimme a sec and I'll try to dig it up.

[EDIT] Tried a USB Hub for Internal Battery Mods, And...

[Double EDIT] Lots to consider and ultimately no hard answer in there. Are you staying in North America? No reason you couldn't just use the AC adapter for it if you don't have a different residential voltage standard to worry about.

Last edited:

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
I'd stay away from a USB hub. Get a wall wart with the recommended 1A current capacity delivering 5V. Welcome to the board.
Charging Endura t18.I never use a computer.
My problem is finding a suitable device.
I would love to find a powered hub but having trouble locating a 5v 1a device. They all seem to deliver more, which in my case will be less.

Reactions: stols001

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
I would love to find a powered hub but having trouble locating a 5v 1a device. They all seem to deliver more, which in my case will be less.

Doesn't need to be a full 1amp Hub. I have an old Belkin 4port USB self-powered hub I used for me cig-a-likes and Ego class batteries back in the day, still use it to this day, I have a KBox 70watt that has only an internal battery so USB charging only and the Belkin 4port USB hub still charges that 4000mah battery at least twice a week no dang problem. Bought it at Walmart for less than $25USD, output is 5v @ 500milli-amps (0.5 Amps), all that extra 0.5amps will do is charge the thing faster is all, trickle charge (slower charge) lasts longer in my experience, unless that thing is 5000 to 6000mah, if you are anywhere near 1500 to 3000mah, 0.5amps will take about 3 hours, anymore and your charge time increases.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
That shouldn't be a problem. A 2A wall wart will charge a 1A device nicely. I don't know about your mod specifically, but they mostly have limiters in the charging board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread