using cotton for wick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rin

Jul 27, 2010
MS, USA
Sterile 100% cotton is what I use, never boiled it,never a bad taste

I second this. I use Kroger sterile cotton balls. Pretty sure any sterile cotton balls you can find in Pharmacies are fine.

My cotton wicks vary greatly in how long they last. I have a cappuccino blend that kills wicks in a day, but most of my clear juices seems to wick well for 2-3 days before it needs replacement.

Last edited:

truen00b

Sep 5, 2013
Columbus, OH
I recently started rebuilding myself! First I used the cotton off of q-tips but you do not get that much wick as opposed to cotton balls so get yourself a bag of cotton balls. Since those are for beauty/health they are not treated with as harsh chemicals but the ones that say USP 100% Sterile are your best bet. I haven't had a bad taste or anything so far and I have never boiled them. I have built about 10 or so for my protanks/evods and I have not used half a ball yet. A great money saver!

Tmartin63

Happy Vaper
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Coldspring, Texas, United States
Been using cotton for several months now. Sterile cotton from CVS, never boil, as the coil wick. Peaches and cream (two strands) for the flavor wick on top. I use it in Kanger T3S, built my coils to 1.6 - 1.8ohms. When my tank is empty, pull all the cotton and toss, rinse the coil, dry, dry burn, rewick and refill. Super fast super easy superior taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread