1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Using nicorette gum AND vaping?

Discussion in 'Nicotine Replacement Therapy' started by Tracy68, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tracy68

Tracy68 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Is this possible?
    Has anyone else done it?
    I'm toying with the idea of trying to limit my vaping (side effects with both VG and PG) and also possibly getting myself psychologically used to not being so reliant on the whole hand to mouth thing.

Would love to hear from anyone who had had experience weaning themselves off vaping this way.

I'm currently vaping between 10 and 12 mg nic juice.
    I'm thinking maybe it would be better to try this combination with even less nicotine whilst vaping. I don't want to make myself sick from too much nicotine if used in combination.

2. ChipHead

ChipHead Super Member ECF Veteran

I had a day a few weeks ago when I forgot my kit when I went to work. I'm vaping 18mg juice. With nothing to vape, I found a sleeve of 4mg nicotine gum in my briefcase and chewed 5 pieces between 6:30 AM and 1:00 PM. I got dizzy along with heart palpitations. Be careful.

3. Tracy68

Tracy68 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Thanks.
    I've never even TRIED nicorette so I have no idea how it will affect me. I am prone to palpitations already :(
    You can get 2 mg gum I believe? I would probably try that.

4. JesikaBeth

JesikaBeth Super Member ECF Veteran

I am using the Nicotine Lozenges (lightly, maybe only 3 a day) along with vaping. I find I'm not needing more than that, where as when I tried quitting smoking just with the nic lozenges I was using 1 every 1-2 hours! This combo is working wonders for me and since I quit smoking, I have not had one single craving: either psychological or physical :2cool:

5. Retriever

Retriever Moved On

I use to use Nicorette and smoke at the same time. Dumb thing to do. I had major heart palpitations and thought I would die.:(

6. Tinky

Tinky Senior Member ECF Veteran

I just started Vaping last thurs in order to wean down on nico gum. I quit analogs in 2004. I don't vape at work. I use gum..I find I'm not wanting as much gum as I did prior to Vaping. Good words of caution by previous posters...be careful...I've over done w the gum before and got dizzy, heart palps, etc.

7. Bluekivi

Bluekivi Full Member

Wow, I'm surprised to hear all the heart palp complaints. Gum and smoking for gave me hiccups at best. But I guess if I combine with alcohol consumption I would relate as that is what causes it for me. My 2cents.

8. Bluekivi

Bluekivi Full Member

Vaping too much gives me minor headaches and I just put it down for 15 min or so and it goes away. hmmmmmmmm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.