Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Where can I get the adapter?

electrong-cigz has a small solid piece 510/401 adapter pictured on their website,
Accessories
i've ordered a pair of these (actually i didn't call to confirm that they are a small solid piece, i sure hope they are)

but right now i'm using a frankenstein setup 510/901 + 901/401 with the 901/401 adapter having a tube about .75 in long

[edit: I just check with them, Sean says they are one piece adapters.

Also, this is easily my fav vaping setup right now. Much more satisfying hits than with the 40x batts, very bright flavors, and really powers thru any cloggage that builds up after its been at rest for a while with VG liquid soaking into the atty... and turns it into a big plume of vapor.]

Last edited:

Ourei

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Hawaii! Yay haha
I have a 510, and I would like to know how the taste using a 401 atty on it compares to the taste using the standard 510 atty. Is it tastier? :D

I'm pondering getting a bunch of 401 attys/carts/adapters rather than buying a bunch of 510 attys this time around, as I would like to have a taste of it.

Thanks for any insight in advance, I'm waiting on payday (in a few days) before I order anything.

Happy vaping!

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
I like the 401 for flavor too. For 510 users you might want to consider the 306 atty. It has the same threads as a 510 and an exposed atty like the 401. No need for an adapter:

atomizer__23781.jpg

Slea

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Tennessee, USA
I like the 401 for flavor too. For 510 users you might want to consider the 306 atty. It has the same threads as a 510 and an exposed atty like the 401. No need for an adapter:

atomizer__23781.jpg
Huh. Any recommendations on where to get one? Anything stateside?

I actually love love love the 401, but I drip, so the 401 doesn't like me. After killing 3 batts in as many weeks, I had to switch to something sealed.

On the other hand, the exposed atty was so much easier to drip on!

schaedj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2009
The 'Burgh
The 401 batts work at around 3.2 V. Most mods run at 3.7 for a single batt mod. It's essentially the same vaping performance as using a LR atty on a 510. A lot more vapor than a standard 510. The big "downer" with the 401 is the cart size. It's a great atty for dipping, and I made a drip tip out of a broken passthrough which works really well. I can highly recommend the Bartleby as a battery mod. He'll make one as a 401 (most modders will, on request). The only problem with dripping on the 401 is that overdripping causes the juices to run right down through the atty (center hole) and into the battery mod. You can't plug the hole or there is no draw. I have two 401 Chucks (big and little) and a 401 Bartleby. They all work great. Don't try it on 5V. It pops in a half second.

m401 user

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
I just stared a thread asking about doing the exact opposite. I wanted to try the 510 LR attys. Maybe the 401 batts run to low?
Joe

Not recommended. Will shorten lifespan of your battery.

However, i do use my 401 atty with eGo battery and i like it so much, that i use it more that 510 atty! This setup keeps full flavor of 401, has an advantage of slightly higher voltage of eGo, longer cutoff time (10sec IIRC) for nice loooong drags, and removes worst 401 design flaw: leakage through airhole into battery. In fact, it still sometimes leaks, but the liquid comes out through adapter holes, and if leaks through adapter down to the battery, no big deal, its sealed. eGo battery w/ adapter is a big improvement for my 401:toast:
Don´t get me wrong, i still like that 510 atty too, but it´s LR so i keep it moist (read: flooded) so it´s more hassle than 401 atty yet.

Last edited:

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
eGo battery w/ adapter is a big improvement for my 401:toast:

Yup... they like a little extra power... but not too much extra power. I think a full 3.7v power source of a big battery MOD is too much for the M401. The 3.1v (Joye/eGo510) to 3.4v (SLB 510Clone) range works well for them. For comparison, all of my 40x batts read 2.9v unloaded on a multi-meter, and the 401 passthru provides about 3.2v.

Slea

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Tennessee, USA
I think my 401 manuals are sealed? Not sure though.

To stay on topic I have heard the 401 attys do a better flavor. But maybe not better than the 510 Lrs?
Joe

Nope, there are not, as mentioned any sealed m401s.

The problem, as I understand it, has to do with the atty construction of the 401.

Most atomizers have a hole on the side for air draw, but a 401 does not. A 401 depends on the battery hold for air draw. Block it and it is like sucking on a straw in a thick milkshake.

Hence why I like the 401-style exposed atty with the (sealed) 510. I still like the 401's shape and feel better, but I was tired of killing batteries as a dripper.

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
My Smoore 40x attys all have 4 slits for air. I sometimes cover some of them for a stronger vape.

There is another thread about what batt might work best on a 401. Someone there said the Ego killed the flavor. Someone else said the slb510 clone might work best cause it runs a bit hotter than a reg Joy510. What about the mega 510 batt?
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread