Using the Syringe !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
How many people are really taking advantage of using a syringe and why. I have been using a syringe for a couple of reasons and it really has been working well for them. First off I use the Syringe to refill all my PV’s it works great on all carts with an atomizer from 510/801/901 and so on as well as for my V4L cartos. Using the Syringe really fills everything and soaks the pollyfill or whatever you are using complete and gives a really great fill. Second I actually right down now how much I fill on a little pad everyday to know exactly just how much fluid and Nicotine I’m taking in on a daily basis. I have found how much I need per day and how much I really want per day, this way I am trying to cut my Nicotine dosage just a bit if I can because that’s what were all so addicted to, even though I really like the darn addiction of Nicotine and don’t know if I will ever quit it completely (good luck on that one) but I’m finding that the Syringe is really a cool tool to have and use with my vaping, I find I have to be a bit discrete with it but yes it works quite well for all of my reasons. I also love using it for DIY and find it gives the most accurate measurements when mixing Nicotine and flavors and PG and VG and anything else I want to put in my DIY mix. Does anyone else use it for the same reasons or even better do you know a trick or something with using a syringe that I don’t ..??? please chime in on this thread and let us all know your experience with using the syringe

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
I have been using a few syringes with no needles to accurately measure my e-liquid homemade recipes for some time. But it just so happens that I just ordered some Luer Lok syringes of various sizes (3 of each: 3ml, 6ml, 12ml, 20ml) and also ordered some of their SS needles (3 of each: 14g and 18g) all for less than $12 including shipping.

When you think about it, a syringe is an ideal tool to refill any cart. For example, there are a lot of different carts/cartos and cart mods out there. They all use some sort of filler (or plug) which holds the e-liquid in a reservoir. They all work pretty much the same in that they work on the principle of capillary action to "wick" the juice they contain onto the atty-bridge for vaping. The most common methods carts are refilled is by either dripping drops of fluid directly onto the filler material (preferably while holding the cart at an angle) or removing the "plug/dart, etc." and refilling with drops. If done slowly and properly, this method does work well for the most part.

However, I've noticed that even refilling my 510 carts carefully, I can then tap the mouth end of my carts on the table lightly and more often than not a bubble of air will work its way to the top of the filler material and more of the juice is drawn into the cart. This tells me that even though I was careful refilling my cart, there is still some air trapped inside near or at the bottom of the cart reservoir. So I'm guessing that the most efficient way to refill a cart is from the bottom of its reservoir up, thereby forcing any air to the open end and eliminating the possibility of an air pocket. Now my carts are full of nothing but e-liquid and holding their maximum capacity of juice.

By using a syringe with needle to refill a cart that requires the user to remove a plug or dart (etc.) this should eliminate the need to remove it. For me all of this is theory because I don't have my needles in hand yet, but I'm just thinking logically and with a lot of physics and principles of action thrown in. You can tell me if I'm wrong in my thoughts, but this is what I believe in theory to be true. I should know in a few days when I put my thoughts to application.

:thumb:

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
This might sound somewhat stupid, but I was given a syringe to use for filling, but I can't seem to get it to work. When I try to draw the liquid from the bottle into the syringe, the draw on the syringe is very very hard and I get 90% air and just a dribble of juice. Never having worked with needles before, I'm going to defer to those who have.

What am I doing wrong here?

Last edited:

jericoriver

Please support CASAA
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Midway,Ga.
This might sound somewhat stupid, but I was given a syringe to use for filling, but I can't seem to get it to work. When I try to draw the liquid from the bottle into the syringe, the draw on the syringe is very very hard and I get 90% air and just a dribble of juice. Never having worked with needles before, I'm going to defer to those who have.

What am I doing wrong here?
Your needle is to small. Try to get a # 18.
I use them to fill my blank carts for my KR808. They hold 1 ml.

voltaire

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Florida
I use syringes for mixing purposes, but not for filling carts. Reason being that I rotate a lot of different attys/carts/flavors throughout the day, and keeping a bunch of syringes for each one isn't practical, neither is cleaning one syringe between swaps, and neither is carrying/using a syringe at all when out and about.

I imagine needle-tipped bottles are better than syringes for cart filling, but I have yet to acquire a bunch of those and they would still probably be similarly inconvenient to carry around while out and about.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I decided a syringe was just too hard to handle and liquid was too thick for them. I also didn't like that I couldn't easily take it out and about for refilling and around the house it just creeps me out. Hard to explain one to family and friends. LOL

I use a small bent tip glass squeeze bulb in a small 4 dram amber glass bottle. Easy to carry around (I've dropped them on tile, and they don't break).

These work great to force liquid through cartridge filler (rather than adding drops to the top, which sometimes won't wick down). I transfer out all my plastic dropper bottles in to these and I've given several of them to friends, and they love them. You can find them at 4 Dram Clear Glass Vial w/ Dropper - 4drm DROPPER

For measuring and mixing, I use a child's medicine dropper with squeeze bulb. They have ml measurements printed on them and come in lots of different sizes. Liquid flows into them much easier than a syringe, and they're inexpensive (I find them at dollar stores once in a while). They look like this: http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-51076196294384_2084_43586218 You can find them at a drug store.

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
Your needle is to small. Try to get a # 18.
I use them to fill my blank carts for my KR808. They hold 1 ml.

I'm not sure what size this syringe is. I threw the packaging away, but it holds 3ml. The reason I'm confused is that my boss (an e-cig supplier) has a box of these at the store and he gave me one. He uses them all the time successfully.

Wow.. it just dawned on me that I could just have him show me.

I should wait until I'm fully awake to post. lol

Thanks for the tip though, if this doesn't work, I'll try to find a #18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread