Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
I've seen lots of discussion for using the Ultra Sonic Cleaners for steeping...
I have found it works great to clean the coils on my Pro tank, Russian 91,
drippers and Fogger.
I disassemble whatever gear I need to clean and run the UC for 5 minutes
in hot water and it comes out great! No more hold over taste from juices.
I recoil my PT coils and this removes all the gunk that denture tablets or alcohol wouldn't.

I would not put any clearomizer nor parts that rely on glue or compression fittings in the UC!!

Reactions: Tera Bailey

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I'm just looking into buying one. What sort of cleaning fluid to use with them? Or do you just use plain water?

I find plain warm tap water is just fine, just lay them out on a folded up towel afterwards to dry out before re-assembling the bits, and unless the coil is really gunked up it will clean the wick as well, otherwise if not silica then pull out the wick whilst it is still wet and dry fire the coil to get rid of the gunk and re-wick, with silica you can dry-fire it with the wick still in. This is the one I use: http://www.amazon.co.uk/JPL-Ultraso...1417616639&sr=8-1&keywords=ultrasonic+cleaner

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I use mine for cleaning my parts and for steeping my juices.. I fill my with regular water, set it for 90 minutes and it does the rest... even heating the water.

Highly suggested you pick one up.

Kurt

90 minutes !!!! :ohmy:, the ones we get only go for a 3 minutes cycle, and I usually find that 2 cycles is more than enough to clean parts.

Reactions: Cheechako

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Yeah, I like using my ultrasonic cleaner for cleaning new atts and such. I think boiling them in hot water is bad for the o-rings. Hence, many of the recent problems with people who have bought the Kayfun V4 clone. Comes with a coating of machine oil on it. Using an ultrasonic cleaner prevented no potential problems with o-rings.

Just my guess...

slinco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
Texas
I need to pick up one from Harbor Freight just for vape stuff. I'd be weary of using the one I have now as all kinds of crazy things have been cleaned on it, none of which I want to take the slightest risk inhaling.

Good thinking. I have one I have been using to clean gun parts with several different solutions. I would not put my vape stuff in it no matter how well I cleaned it!
BTW distilled water is best in those things.
Currently I just wash my tanks n stuff in hot water and dry them with compressed air.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I need to pick up one from Harbor Freight just for vape stuff. I'd be weary of using the one I have now as all kinds of crazy things have been cleaned on it, none of which I want to take the slightest risk inhaling.

If you buy your cleaner from Harbor Freight, get the bigger one. The small one is just too underpowered to perform with atomizers. The 2.5 liter model is about $50 more, but you get high power and more volume, not that you'd need the increased volume for ecig parts, but the 160 watt power is worth it.

I bought the $34.99 model and spent a day trying the clean up some Kanger atomizers. I didn't want to add chemicals to something I was going to vape and the coils never got clean with plain water. I'll eventually spring for the larger unit. I did the aluminum foil test to find the hot spots and the only place it would punch holes in the foil was top dead center. I had to put a plastic cup inverted in the tank to elevate the atomizers to a spot where it would do any cleaning at all. It was still marginal in performance and took 20 minutes to see a minor improvement.

Maybe mine was defective.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Roughly how much did your ultrasonic cleaner cost if you dont mind me asking? Usually I just breakdown my RDA and RTA's and let them soak in warm water for 10 minutes or so.
I paid about $30 for mine...if you have other uses for it, it's really handy.
I clean tanks, coil housings, eyeglasses, my mixing bottles and tons of other stuff.
Just to clean tanks when a good soaking will do the job might not be the way to go.
But I think you'll surprise yourself with how handy they are!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread