Using VG in a carto...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimplegirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2015
New Jersey
Hi, I'm using almost max VG and it really doesn't want to wick good in my carto tank. It was working great for the first few days and then when I went to refill the tank it didn't want to wick. I have read on here to dilute it with distilled water. Do you think that will help? Also about how much to a 3ml tank? Thanks!

Dimplegirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2015
New Jersey
More or less 1% is a good amount. Mix it in your bottle before using, and shake vigorously before using. I do that to wick my 100% Hype liquid into a Nautilus BVC.

Also consider the possibility that the feeding holes are too small.

Thanks Susaz, I will try that in a bottle with the shake ;)

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Go to Lowes and get something called a 1/4 in saddle valve. Its the perfect carto punch! Use it to enlarge the stock feed holes in your carto. I used to vape Boba's and Gorilla Juice in ibtankeds everyday. I use that valve to enlarge both holes and it wicks just fine!

This is what it looks like.
49d1f011171837434123df9d26e1c994.jpg

Give it a shot!

http://m.lowes.com/pd/Watts-1-4-in-Brass-Compression-In-Line-Straight-Valve/3133463

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Go to Lowes and get something called a 1/4 in saddle valve. Its the perfect carto punch! Use it to enlarge the stock feed holes in your carto. I used to vape Boba's and Gorilla Juice in ibtankeds everyday. I use that valve to enlarge both holes and it wicks just fine!

This is what it looks like.
    49d1f011171837434123df9d26e1c994.jpg

Give it a shot!

Shop Watts 1/4-in Brass Compression In-Line Straight Valve at Lowe's

What a contraption! I think the average little punch is still available and much cheaper than it was.

Ya oughta take that to a vape convention sometime, lol.

Susaz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 8, 2009
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    What a contraption! I think the average little punch is still available and much cheaper than it was.

Ya oughta take that to a vape convention sometime, lol.

The saddle puncher requires less force and doesn't dimple the carto too much. The danger is going too far and ruining the coil.

I had one of the simpler ones and had to grab a pair of pliers to turn... The saddle punch requires no force (better torque due to the pin on top and a much sharper pin)

Reactions: David Wolf

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    The saddle puncher requires less force and doesn't dimple the carto too much. The danger is going too far and ruining the coil.

I had one of the simpler ones and had to grab a pair of pliers to turn... The saddle punch requires no force (better torque due to the pin on top and a much sharper pin)

I was thinking the simpler one would be OK being the need here was just to Enlarge already made factory holes, as pr Ckquatt's post...

N2rock

ECF Veteran
    Jan 29, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    my wife used 100% VG for a while (she has since switched back to PG/VG). But when she did use VG, two holes were a requirement, and they can't be the tiny little lazer punched holes. The saddle valve punch (posted above) does the job well.

But for a super simple & cheap one: Smoktech DCT Cartomizer Punch does the job just fine.

Reactions: Dimplegirl
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread