USPS issues being addressed - Thanks for all of your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
For the past couple of months we have seen an uncharacteristic delay in the handling of our First Class packages. This has not affected Priority or Express at all.

We try to get out all packages by 2:30PM CST or 3:30PM EST. The mail is then picked up and taken to our local facility in Sugar Land. It is supposed to receive an entry scan and then later that evening all of the Sugar Land mail is picked up and sent to Houston Texas main processing facility.

We have seem problems both locally and at the Main Post Office. We actually saw one day's shipments from early last month take 5 days before it showed as being processed and moved along at the Main Post Office. Which meant it was sitting, being kicked around at the local Sugar Land office for 4-5 days.

Obviously there has been major fumbling. I worked for the PO for almost 15 years and in my job capacity I coded software for routes and had to basically monitor mail from the processing floor to the mailbox, address any complaints, issues. I say this to tell you that I know 'things' that can happen.

I think it was twofold: new worker(s) on the Sugar Land dock who wasn't getting our first class in the hoppers and shuffling it to the side like its 3rd class. Also the dock there saw the return of a 'problem child' I have had to deal with many times. Not very courteous basically. At one point I made a complaint about him nationally so that national would issue some sort of notice to the station manager there. When I did that I think they removed him from that area but he recently came back and may be deliberately playing games with our 1st class.

I then wrote a long letter and sent a thorough report in last week about our problem by showing them print outs of the progress of daily batches. I had it addressed to the Station Manager. IN each station you have a managerial structure that employs several 'supervisors' and one station manager/Postmaster.

I have also pleaded with supervisors by phone and everytime I go there to pick up supplies or take down Saturday mail.

It seems like things are on the improve BUT...Max and I are monitoring it daily and if we don't see things return to the way they were we are going to call in Barbara Streisand and have her sing to them : P Seriously I am going to move to Plan B if things don't consistently improve (they have already been improving though).

None of this has affected Priority which tells me someone is throwing our First Class on back burner on purpose or through ignorance. If we continue to see problems I will find another post office to use for a bit to compare what is happening.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Trying to be patient here. My order from February 17th shows it is still sitting in Houston-just checked again. I did call the USPS yesterday and they are supposed to be tracking it down! Just a thought, but I am wondering if you took the word Vape, as in Got Vapes, off of the return address if that would help? I know a couple of other vendors that have done that, and it seems to help move the mail faster. My order doesn't even contain any batteries or juice-just a tank and some coils! (I guess I am getting paranoid about the USPS).

mirthmgr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
www.kevinkratzke.com
Good luck! I've been fortunate with my GotVapes orders, but have had serious issues in the last couple of months from other, non vape-related shipments. I've had first class packages take 7-13 days to arrive from 100 miles away (all within CA, so shouldn't be impacted by winter weather), and two packages lost entirely. I've lived at my current address for almost 9 years and had never had a problem until this year. Go get 'em, Danno!

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I am happy to report that my order from Feb.15th finally showed up today! It was shipped on Feb. 17th, so it took exactly 3 weeks to get to me. I think next time I will pay for priority shipping. I was somewhat stressed about this order for the last week. It would be worth avoiding the stress to pay for priority!

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
I've all but quit ordering ANYTHING first class mail recently. I've been having first class packages take 10-19 days to reach my mailbox (not just from got vapes..but other vendors and even other nonvape vendors). Maybe there is a bigger issue, or just coincidence?

Thanks for that info. I used to work for the PO for 13 years and the last several in management. I think somewhere a decision has been made to concentrate on delivery goals only on Priority. I still think they have the regular delivery goals in place for Forst Class but they don't prioritize it. With Priority , that is their main product to be honest: where they have more commitment, some guarantees involved and of course they make more money for doing about the same amount of work.

Since you said you are seeing this across the board yourself, that may be it.

Can anyone else relate your experiences, not necessarily with GotVapes but other first class mail deliveries?

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
I've all but quit ordering ANYTHING first class mail recently. I've been having first class packages take 10-19 days to reach my mailbox (not just from got vapes..but other vendors and even other nonvape vendors). Maybe there is a bigger issue, or just coincidence?

Agree... I've had 2 first class orders just disappear. Priority is a better way to go.

JohnDoses

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2014
Louisville, KY USA
This is really starting to anger me. USPS had completly disregarded first class mail, "slowing it down" for no apparent reason, and forgetting to tell their customers or the general public anything. I have 3 packages in the mail now that are at least 7 days past their expected delivery date, and have been sitting in one spot for over 5 days. This is awful by USPS to deliberately do this for no apparent reason.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
This is really starting to anger me. USPS had completly disregarded first class mail, "slowing it down" for no apparent reason, and forgetting to tell their customers or the general public anything. I have 3 packages in the mail now that are at least 7 days past their expected delivery date, and have been sitting in one spot for over 5 days. This is awful by USPS to deliberately do this for no apparent reason.

John is it three for different vendors?

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
I don't know if this is fixed or not. I ordered on the 27th and it's been sitting in North Houston since the 29th :( Wish I'd thought to check here first, I would have upgraded to priority but in my past experience, first class from you guys has always gotten to me as fast as any priority shipment.

Bonny thanks for the info - I think your package didn't go down to the Post Office until the 28th...29th was a Sunday. But if to Georgia, yes, seems like it would have normally gotten there by Tuesday or yesterday...they have greatly improved things but there is still the package or so that sits for an extra few days or so.

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
Bonny thanks for the info - I think your package didn't go down to the Post Office until the 28th...29th was a Sunday. But if to Georgia, yes, seems like it would have normally gotten there by Tuesday or yesterday...they have greatly improved things but there is still the package or so that sits for an extra few days or so.

Yeah I have no idea how it all works, the dates I'm getting are coming from the tracking info which doesn't always update regularly

March 29, 2015 , 3:42 pm
Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
NORTH HOUSTON, TX 77315
Your item arrived at our USPS origin facility in NORTH HOUSTON, TX 77315 on March 29, 2015 at 3:42 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
March 29, 2015 , 2:27 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility
SUGAR LAND, TX 77498
March 27, 2015
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS

Luckily there's nothing that I have to have right now in there, just a subtank for my husband and some replacement coils.

Krispers

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Pennsylvania
Yeah I have no idea how it all works, the dates I'm getting are coming from the tracking info which doesn't always update regularly

March 29, 2015 , 3:42 pm
NORTH HOUSTON, TX 77315
Your item arrived at our USPS origin facility in NORTH HOUSTON, TX 77315 on March 29, 2015 at 3:42 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
March 29, 2015 , 2:27 pm
SUGAR LAND, TX 77498
March 27, 2015

Luckily there's nothing that I have to have right now in there, just a subtank for my husband and some replacement coils.
Same

March 31, 2015 , 9:32 pm
HOUSTON, TX 77201
Your item arrived at our USPS origin facility in HOUSTON, TX 77201 on March 31, 2015 at 9:32 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
March 31, 2015 , 8:17 pm
SUGAR LAND, TX 77498
March 31, 2015 , 6:20 pm
Shipment Accepted
SUGAR LAND, TX 77478
March 31, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread