Status
Not open for further replies.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
USPS sucks balls. They lost my vapemail yet again. This time tracking says it was delivered but it was not. I think this is the second time in a month.
I have no permanent postal worker right now mine is out recouping from knee surgery. Everyday I go to the cluster boxes there are about a dozen envelopes sticking out of mailboxes. People put them there when they are put in their mailboxes erroneously meant for someone else. These postal workers can't seem to get mail in the right boxes. Wonder if that's where my vapemail is. In someone else's mailbox. If it is I'll never see it again. I notified the vendor. Frustrating.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Fed Ex once delivered my vape mail to someone else at another company in my building at work. I only had a first initial and last name on tracking to go on, and I had no idea who they were. It was delivered in the morning and I called Fed Ex who were no help at the time. I put up signs in the first floor by the front and back door for this person to return my package. I think that FedEx came back and retrieved my package and gave it to our receptionist a few hours later, fortunately unopened and unharmed.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
They lost my vapemail yet again. This time tracking says it was delivered but it was not.

Sorry this happened to you. I know what you mean about substitute carriers messing things up. Happened to people in my rural area when our regular one was out for an extended time, because she was badly injured, & had her vehicle totaled, in a hit-and-run rear-end wreck while delivering the mail. We had numerous different sub carriers and most were "the pits".

Unfortunately though, crappy sub carriers or not, once USPS tracking shows that it was scanned as "Delivered"...their position is that they have met their responsibility to the sender (the vendor in this case). Even if it had been sent insured, they still wouldn't pay out a claim (which would go to the vendor), since that final scan was made.

You're right, it really sucks. However, with even theft of mail that has been delivered correctly being so common these days...there's no way the USPS can/will be responsible once it's got that last scan proving it was delivered.

They wouldn't cover an expensive insured package sent to my niece's house, because it was scanned as delivered. Yet she was home at that time and went to check by her front door for it within 5 minutes of it being updated to "delivered" online, and her outside security camera showed the mail carrier did not deliver it to them that day! May have gone to someone else's house....or to the mail carrier's own pockets. Well, not his pockets actually, since it was a base guitar!

Last edited:

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
USPS sucks balls. They lost my vapemail yet again. This time tracking says it was delivered but it was not. I think this is the second time in a month.
I have no permanent postal worker right now mine is out recouping from knee surgery. Everyday I go to the cluster boxes there are about a dozen envelopes sticking out of mailboxes. People put them there when they are put in their mailboxes erroneously meant for someone else. These postal workers can't seem to get mail in the right boxes. Wonder if that's where my vapemail is. In someone else's mailbox. If it is I'll never see it again. I notified the vendor. Frustrating.
You will,,if that 'someone' else is a smoker..

Reactions: Opinionated

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Ok this is ridiculous. I have another package that was supposedly delivered but is not in my mailbox and no key for the parcel box and is not at my apartment office. This is two missing packages. I have about 8 more packages coming too from Amazon. Apparently they are now shipping via usps which annoys me greatly. I wanted door delivery. Not far away mailbox or office delivery. 2 if my boxes weight 30 and 40 lbs. Amazon is going to get an ear full.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Ok this is ridiculous. I have another package that was supposedly delivered but is not in my mailbox and no key for the parcel box and is not at my apartment office. This is two missing packages. I have about 8 more packages coming too from Amazon. Apparently they are now shipping via usps which annoys me greatly. I wanted door delivery. Not far away mailbox or office delivery. 2 if my boxes weight 30 and 40 lbs. Amazon is going to get an ear full.
I think I would go to the PO and let them know this is happening on a some what regular basis. And if it comes down to it, I would also put it in writing to that offices' post master. The clerks probably can't do much but the boss can.
Also, I would make a point in introducing myself to the mail carriers and let them know you are missing mail. Sometimes putting a face to your name helps them to remember who you are and they may be a little more careful in the deliveries. None of my suggestions are fool proof but people tend to remember how they are treated so if you approach them without getting all mad they will be more willing to help you solve your problem. Let them know that these are items you simply cannot afford to keep replacing.
just my 2 pennies

:)

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I have never had an issue with my Mail Carrier but his fill ins or replacements can be off their game. The Manager at the Local PO takes his job seriously the few times I have had parcels stuck in other locations. After calling into the 800 number that is when I have been contacted by the manager of the local Post Office.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
I just filed a missing package form for usps. I have a tank that's been showing as sitting in Phoenix for over 72 hours. Every other package I've tracked has been in and out of that hub in under 12 hours and gets to me the next day. Frustrating.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Fed Ex once delivered my vape mail to someone else at another company in my building at work. I only had a first initial and last name on tracking to go on, and I had no idea who they were. It was delivered in the morning and I called Fed Ex who were no help at the time. I put up signs in the first floor by the front and back door for this person to return my package. I think that FedEx came back and retrieved my package and gave it to our receptionist a few hours later, fortunately unopened and unharmed.
I went through the same thing with Fed Ex on a Brand New $2000 Gaming computer system. It was total panic. Within a couple hours they got it sorted.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Third package now says it was delivered and handed directly to a resident. I haven't seen anything. Can I go postal? Lol I just realized it's Sunday why is usps updating their tracking on Sunday saying it was delivered when they don't deliver on Sundays? Bogus
GO to your post office and demand to speak to your Postmaster. Then if nothing is done about the situation contact his/her boss. Eventually you will find the person that will stop the nonsense.

Reactions: RainSong

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I just realized it's Sunday why is usps updating their tracking on Sunday saying it was delivered when they don't deliver on Sundays? Bogus

I'd be ready to go ballistic, too, at this point.

However, about showing Sunday delivery - In my area we do sometimes have postal deliveries on Sunday. I've gotten them, and have seen them elsewhere on my street, too, and on others. It's only packages though, never letters. From my own experience and in talking with a few neighbors, it's ones that have taken longer than usual to get here.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
First things first. I'm supposed to get more deliveries today. I am going to my apartment office and I am going to make sure THEY go through every package and make sure my stuff isn't lost there. Had I known Amazon was not delivering via UPS I don't know if I would have ordered. At least they deliver to my door.
Anyways if I am still missing packages I will gather all my tracking numbers and head over to the post office to speak to the post master. It's the most direct way to hopefully get this fixed and or preventative measures. Hopefully all of today's stuff shows up. Its 40 lbs of clay and cat food. I am not looking forward to hauling it back to my apartment.

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread