USPS lost my Vapemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Yes it's at the same post office as my zip code just to be clear.

I once had a package stop in Brooklyn and calls to the USPS 800 numbers led to me getting brushed off and PO'ed until I got the right person on the phone after 3-4 phone calls. After being told 2-3 days for a call back I received a call from the manager of my local P.O. and he took all the info down and told me I would hear back the next day probably in the afternoon. By lunch the next day my package from China was delivered. Might try calling or visiting the local P.O.!

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I called the USPS 800 number. The lady asked me what was being shipped to me. I said vaping supplies. She said what? I repeated myself. She said what's that. So I said e cigarette supplies. She said cigarette supplies? I said no e-cigarette supplies. She said oh you mean vaping stuff? Duh!

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
It could have been delayed at your local office. Sometimes they sort and it ends up in thw wrong bin or the wrong route. My local office took three days to get a package out to me. Don't be surprised if it mysteriously shows up tomorrow or Saturday.

Easiest way to get that number is to google it for your town.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Passes through customs in Miami then it vanished like a fart in the wind.

I swear the government is experimenting with black hole technology in Miami. I dread whenever a package has to transit through that facility.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Mail doesnt stay with just the USPS.. it gets handled by several secondary carriers... DHL, Newgistics, etc... and sometimes the sorting warehouse can get bogged down and mail can sit idle for several days... sometimes the labels fall of the bags and sorting becomes difficult.. ( sorting warehouses arent allowed to open the bags to determine the next point of delivery).
Your items may be involved with such a senerio...

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I had a package vanish into the ether on a simple shipment from Miami for some fused Claptons. Opened a missing mail ticket with USPS. No joy. Fortunately, the builder @B_D_Builders stood behind the purchase and sent out another package. That one arrived in 3 days.

We have a running bet for when the first package will suddenly appear in my mailbox.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
So my package that was reported as in California yesterday afternoon is magically on the truck for delivery like I expected. Where I used to get 3-4 updates I now get one and unless the routes have changed it should go through 2 facilities to get to my local Post Office. Sucks when tracking but still getting fast deliveries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread