1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

USPS Workers must be smoking something

Discussion in 'Vapor4Life' started by Ultracorp, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ultracorp

Ultracorp Full Member

Get a load of this....

Processed through Sort Facility, October 13, 2009, 8:18 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60701

Processed through Sort Facility, October 14, 2009, 5:08 pm, OAK CREEK, WI 53154

Arrival at Post Office, October 15, 2009, 4:03 am, RACINE, WI 53403 (Umm why are they sending it farther away from Milwaukee, is that efficient?)

Processed through Sort Facility, October 15, 2009, 8:12 pm, OAK CREEK, WI 53154 (Back to Oak Creek again....)

Processed through Sort Facility, October 16, 2009, 9:03 pm, OAK CREEK, WI 53154 (I guess they just it to chill in OC for awhile?)

Remind me again why USPS is struggling?

2. VelvetVisions

VelvetVisions Senior Member ECF Veteran

I live in the Milwaukee area as well and mine usually goes from Oak Creek to my house, sounds like they screwed up. :) Couldn't tell you why, maybe they need a PV instead of whatever they are currently using. LOL

3. VelvetVisions

VelvetVisions Senior Member ECF Veteran

Hope it doesn't go back to Racine :) Could be an endless cycle.

4. JLeigh

JLeigh Super Member ECF Veteran

Same here. Goes from Oak Creek to my house the next day.

5. HaploVoss

HaploVoss Super Member ECF Veteran

Unfortunately, mistakes do happen sometimes - at least they caught it before it went halfway accross the nation or something. I don't know where its destination is, but it would appear the package left out on route, hit Racine, WI - was tagged as an incorrect route and sent on it's way back... Depending on how many Hubs there are in certain cities, a package will actually arrive at the 'main' hub, go to another one - and that location is the one designated for 'ok all packages from this place get packed on the truck that leaves for city x'.

It sucks, but when you are the busiest shipping company in the world, with the least funding and you are understaffed pretty often - I am actually amazed it works out as well as it does!!

Hope you get your stoofs soon!!

Take care,
    - Hap

6. Fiberweaver

Fiberweaver Senior Member ECF Veteran

At least yours got out of Chicago. Mine seems to be lost in the USPS Chicago Triangle.

Your item was processed through and left our CHICAGO, IL 60701 facility on October 13, 2009. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Electronic Shipping Info Received, October 13, 2009
    Processed through Sort Facility, October 13, 2009, 6:25 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60701

7. DanF

DanF Super Member ECF Veteran

Seems to be happening more and more lately.(or maybe I'm just ordering too much ****)

8. AZAndy

AZAndy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Hey, at least it didn't go to Florida. Had that happen once with a package that was sent intrastate in AZ.

9. Pawpaw

Pawpaw Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I've got one that's just a bit stranger. Check out the dates:

Detailed Results:

Electronic Shipping Info Received, October 14, 2009
    Processed through Sort Facility, October 13, 2009, 8:16 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60701

10. alsmom

alsmom Senior Member ECF Veteran

mine said Electronic Shipping Info Received, October 14, 2009 for two days
    and then magically it appeared in Kearny, NJ and was delivered on the 16th!
    don't give up hope, I don't think they pdate the shipping info as often as UPS does:oops:

11. Ultracorp

Ultracorp Full Member

Well I ran straight to the mailbox after work and wallah! my package has arrived. Can't wait to try out the cappucino cartos. And btw steve sent me a free usb passthru since my other one broke after two days...Yes I am a very satisfied customer.

12. Ultracorp

Ultracorp Full Member

Maybe they are employing some psychics now? LOL

13. Pawpaw

Apparently so. The website still shows the same, but I had a surprise waiting for me in the mailbox this afternoon. :)

Got everything I ordered & they threw in a manual battery and a USB charger.

All evening, I've been alternating between Bud and my home mixed Cherry Cordial.

The Bud tastes great and has a terrific throat hit at 24 mg.

Thanks Steve & Mike!

14. dohsma

dohsma Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mark, its Mark :D

15. Pawpaw

Oh hell! I know that! <palm slaps forhead 3 times>

Sorry Mark. Forgive me. I'm old!

16. dohsma

dohsma Vaping Master ECF Veteran

LOL no worries. Mark... Mike... close enough.

17. MHR7331

MHR7331 Super Member ECF Veteran

I really don't get the animosity towards the USPS. Left to the private sector, anyone buying an e-cig online in Bumf^%k, Alabama would pay exorbitant prices for shipping, provided they even bothered servicing that area. But the post office does, as constitutionally-mandated, at a reasonable price. Think UPS gives a rats *** about anything other than profit margin?

18. bornagainst

bornagainst Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Haha, Mark, I bet you've been called worse things than Mike.

:D

19. kc0cmp

kc0cmp Super Member ECF Veteran

Yay! people from the cheese state! yum!

ok but seriously..yes USPS has been a colossal snafu most of it's existance..but just lately it is getting a lot worse.

I have a half-step-brother (dads step kid by a previous marrage) who's a postman in St Louis. He told me once that if you started shipping empty boxes insured for $500 that it'd pay off before you spent $500 in shipping...and this from a carrier. This carrier is the same fellow who'd kick aside all the sears and robucks catalogs, phone books and other cluster mailed items of weight to the very back of the truck and deliver one or two a day till they were gone..some being months old before getting delivered.

Long story short: The fact that I don't work for USPS means I should never realistically be accused of working for USPS..and for that i can be proud.

20. Ultracorp

Ultracorp Full Member

To be quite honest, I only suffered a very minor inconvenience and I know that operating USPS must be a logistical nightmare so I am willing to cut them some slack as long as they dont "loose" any of my packages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.