Status
Not open for further replies.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Always a pleasure Vap. I try to be as concise as possible, since can be long winded in me post's sometimes, to best demonstrate a build. Always happy to elaborate, or answer question about builds, vape, gear, sources. All vape is good vape. lol

Plus it's a kewl way to bump a thread about an "Most Excelent" rba. Still feel that an Authentic Aqua was well worth the investment. It remains one of the Greats, but is definitely not an rba I would recommend to someone just starting to build. It is a most meticulous rba to build and understand properly. Love rba tank systems that can handle 50+ watts.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Dice, where'd you get that building stand?

You like? :D It's really kewl stand, one side is 510 threaded, turn it over and has a non-threaded hole which you can fit the drip tip in and hold a full tank upside down on, turn it on edge, and becomes a tool to separate the base of the Rose2 rba. It came with the Rose V2 rba. The Rose 2, by Eden Mods, is a total rba package, has all the tools, extra parts with storage sealable cups, and tools need to assemble and build the rba. Awesome rba tank system. Rose first came out the same time Agua did, but was a pre-order only, and missed out, so when the improved Version 2 hit the stores, I quickly bought 2.

Damn stand comes in so handy, even great for swapping out rba's, don't need to screw it in to sit nice and stable. Great building tool, and display stand too.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
woops! set down my aqua and origen without locking the firing pin, actually I did this twice but because the first time there was juice in the aqua it just kept wicking and nothing happened at all. well the second time the juice ran out and messed up everything. I have noticed some places sell replacement parts but I have not seen any of those include the big white plastic part underneath the deck. in my aqua this part has 2 thin hollow tubes attached that go upwards to the deck airholes. this part melted completely along with the positive insultator. I contacted the place where I purchased it (chonglee), he said he was just a middle man and I had to contact footoon. when I go to footoon, uvo systems site I just see the sales of mods like the origen and hades, but no aqua and there is no contact info. question guys, has anyone found a site that sells a complete kit that includes this part? or a website that is actually footoon or uvo systems? thanks

usr/

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2013
N. Alabama
woops! set down my aqua and origen without locking the firing pin, actually I did this twice but because the first time there was juice in the aqua it just kept wicking and nothing happened at all. well the second time the juice ran out and messed up everything. I have noticed some places sell replacement parts but I have not seen any of those include the big white plastic part underneath the deck. in my aqua this part has 2 thin hollow tubes attached that go upwards to the deck airholes. this part melted completely along with the positive insultator. I contacted the place where I purchased it (chonglee), he said he was just a middle man and I had to contact footoon. when I go to footoon, uvo systems site I just see the sales of mods like the origen and hades, but no aqua and there is no contact info. question guys, has anyone found a site that sells a complete kit that includes this part? or a website that is actually footoon or uvo systems? thanks

FatDaddyVape has complete overhaul kits for Aqua and Kayfuns. Haven't done any business with them yet but going to soon. Think I'll pick up a couple kits just to have. Thought I had a meltdown on mine also, a couple weeks ago. It just emptied the juice and burnt the wicks a little. Still a little leary of the Origen design. Of course their clones. But I was working and I think the locking ring got backed off while in my pocket. Gotta be a bit more careful.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
FatDaddyVape has complete overhaul kits for Aqua and Kayfuns. Haven't done any business with them yet but going to soon. Think I'll pick up a couple kits just to have. Thought I had a meltdown on mine also, a couple weeks ago. It just emptied the juice and burnt the wicks a little. Still a little leary of the Origen design. Of course their clones. But I was working and I think the locking ring got backed off while in my pocket. Gotta be a bit more careful.
same thing here because I could of sworn I locked that button before I took it out of my pocket and placed it down, like you said it loosened up while in pocket, next time a double check for sure. actually I don't do good with bottom button mods, a couple years ago I sold a caravela because I did this very same thing a couple of times so I might be done with them completely. some say you can upgrade the magnets in the origen clone so it wont fire if not locked. anyways like you, I did this once and nothing at all happened to the aqua, not even a discolored wick because the tank was full in the aqua. with a fullish tank that sucker just kept on wicking and wicking, and it had to be going for at least 5 minutes because when I picked it up I literally burnt my hand and the aqua remained really hot for like 20 minutes. anyways the second time there just wasn't that much juice in it, it ran dry and melted everything. I actually had heard of fatdaddy vapes before posting but the photos of the kit didn't have the piece I need, I emailed them and in a return email all it said was "is this the piece your looking for?" so maybe they do have it but its not included in the kit, or its included but not in the photo. I responded saying yes that's it so we will see. anyways thanks buddy

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
hey guys as previously stated I melted my aqua from setting it down without locking my firing button. when I took it apart I noticed my large insulator under the deck had 2 tubes rising upwards that met the underside of the deck airholes, this is what melted. everyone I spoke to said their insulator didn't have these tubes, even the replacement ones at fattdaddys don't. I contacted footoon themselves and they couldn't even answer the question as to why some have them and some don't. they left off saying that they will contact the manufacturer and let me know (what?). I just didn't want to order a replacement that wasn't the exact same as the original so im waiting. anyways I just purchased a used authentic aqua and made a set up in it, the exact same set up that I have always done, this time the aqua was getting kind of hot, noticeably hot! I said to myself maybe this is what a lot of people are saying about heating issues with the aqua? I have heard a lot of this, people saying they love the aqua but it gets hot! I always have said it shouldn't because I have one and it never never gets hot, I even use it at really low resistances and it just doesn't get hot, period. well this got me thinking of this different insulator configuration? so before I took this new aqua apart to see, I said well let me just rebuild it again and see what happens. when I took apart this new aqua to rebuild it I noticed one of the wires in the positive screw nut got sucked up into the female threaded part, this meant the wires weren't seating correctly and because of this the connection wasn't as tight as it should of been. this time I made sure the both wires on the positive side were flat onto themselves and not drawn up into the threading. I then retightened everything up and no heat in the aqua. my resistance is about .4Ω, I use 70vg and can chain vape with no heat. I don't know if my new aqua has the tubes that my old one had and the next rebuild I might take it apart to see but for now I would say that heat issues in the aqua are caused by bad connections. I always connect my coils to the inside of the posts(both coils) the leads are completely hidden under the nuts almost immediately or should I say they do not loosely hug the outside of the nuts like half way around then are trapped, they are completely trapped soon after they come off the coils and are only wrapped 3/4 of the way around the posts, this way there is minimal wiring trapped.i also don't think its good making a complete revolution around the posts with one lead because this puts to much wire being trapped, x's this by 2 and it just makes for a possible worst connection. maybe clones are a different story with heat issues because of airflow issues or something but with an authentic aqua there shouldn't be any heat issues, and if you are having issues take a good look at the connections.

Dan Patrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Texas Forest Country
I have a real aqua and a clone that I got for parts for the original. They do not interchange, and I stripped that positive post again getting it out. I got the parts from fat daddy on the way to start them both over. Is there a video or something to show how to get them apart and all back together?

I myself am perfectly happy with my lovely collection of clones! Though I would far prefer to have the originals as well, if I did, I wouldn't have a collection at all- just one single original device.....no fun! I do hope the original creators of these inventions are compensated in some way for the profit others make from selling imitation copies of their ingenious designs!

All you guys keep posting the number of wraps and the guage but none of that means a thing if you don't say what you are wrapping it on, at least it won't help a new person who wants to mimic your results. So please post up folks :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Thank you dirquist!!!! I am always wondering the same thing as I read these and write them down while thinking how frustrating it's going to be to figure out what coil diameter gets those readings!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread