UVO Systems Aqua ....I want this badboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

vap0r88

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
australia
Dear all good day .
finally ordered one and should have it with me next week hopefully via dhl courier ( i am in new delhi , india )
is it true that the aqua will take only 2 mil of juice !! , if it is true than i would be disappointed cause dual coils will drink juice like crazy and 2 mil will vanish very very soon ... oh dear ):.

best wishes and how about some good man do a video ;)
warm regards
Sah

so just use one coil... and the problem is solved. :laugh:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
After about 4 hours with the Aqua, I'm pretty impressed. The throat hit is very pronounced, as it's tough to get the coils as close to the air hole as the KFL. The evap chamber is tiny. I built a quick .9 ohm dual coil with 30g & cotton, as I wanted to run a 350. Flavor was pretty intense, throat hit was intense, vapor production was on par with a proper sub ohm dual coil in a dripper. Juice capacity is lacking, especially for the size of the atty. It's a keeper so far, but I want to see what it can do with a lower resistance coil...

Thumbs up for now!

Aqua, dual coil 30g @ .9 ohms. Needed to keep the resistance up for a 350 battery, but it still works damn good!

20131105_002250_zps2cb70d9c.jpg

20131105_003755_zps7c6107d1.jpg

day 2 with this device, like many have said the machining is awesome. mine was very clean and had no oils or dirt, but as most know you need to clean it anyways. so far the biggest con is definitely the juice capacity, just under 2mls is a bummer with duals coils. besides that and the fact that my other drip tips are to small its definitely a great device. why did you say it is hard to get the coils close to the deck? it seems to me that you can position the coils as close as you want with no issues. what I do when making a micro coil is to first bend or double over a length of wire, I really press it together all the way, really pinched tightly. I then put this bent section over the needle or drill bit and start to make a wrap. what this does when the coil is finished is that both wire ends are the same or they come out in the same direction unlike a standard coil. you know in a standard coil one lead is over the top of the coil and the other lead is from the bottom of the coil, sort of over under. well I hate this when making a connection to the posts, so if you change the direction of one of your wraps (like the middle one) then both leads are on the same side of the coil. I find this easier to make the connection to the posts, it also seems like the wire ends are closer in length when done this way. anyways I am running 27g/ 6 wraps, each coil is about 8 Ω's. before this atty I never really kept dual coils in for a long period of time, I like them but prefer a single coil because I don't like the lag time from duals. so I might try a thinner wire next, maybe 28g and compare. also if one were to use just a single coil would the wick channels one the coiless side need to be blocked? im not so sure if they do. because these type devices work on draw pressure, im thinking as you draw the juice will just come to a certain point in the slots but not all the way up. also tilting the device shouldn't matter either. so let me know what you guys think about just leaving the extra slots alone. maybe if one runs a single coil the extra slots could be used as an extra for the single coil, lie maybe run a length of cotton to connect with the other cotton, then the single coil will have extra an extra supply of juice from 2 wicks? not really sure but will try a few different builds and see. I find this is producing a much better flavor then the kay lite imo.

9ball_AJ

On the Snap...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

why did you say it is hard to get the coils close to the deck? it seems to me that you can position the coils as close as you want with no issues.

The posts are quite far off the deck, but I found that I could bend the coils down close enough for my liking. Non issue really, but I would have liked to see the connection points closer to the deck.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
for those who have this rta how often do you guys refill and how many drags per fill? with a 0.6-1.0ohm

how many drags per fill? haven't heard that one before. honestly, I would be amazed if you get an answer to that one but maybe someone has counted and can give you an answer. I vape a few devices during the day so I may not fill the device up as much as someone who only vapes this soley. for me its twice, if I were only vaping this atty all day it would be closer to 4, its definitely a small tank.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
The posts are quite far off the deck, but I found that I could bend the coils down close enough for my liking. Non issue really, but I would have liked to see the connection points closer to the deck.

I know what you mean, if you make a coil and want to place it closer to the bottom, its bent over quite a bit.

whokee

Oct 4, 2013
s
how many drags per fill? haven't heard that one before. honestly, I would be amazed if you get an answer to that one but maybe someone has counted and can give you an answer. I vape a few devices during the day so I may not fill the device up as much as someone who only vapes this soley. for me its twice, if I were only vaping this atty all day it would be closer to 4, its definitely a small tank.

oh for sure thanks! hahaha I must have askd the wrong question for tanks and how many drags. what ohm are you running? how often do you vape? do you chain vape?

WheredUfindThis

Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Apple Valley, MN
anyone else can answer these questions?...
what ohm are you guys running?
how often do you guys refill?

For comparison purposes:
I use a Kayfun Lite 1ohm micro. A KFL is stated to hold 4.5ml of juice. I vape somewhat heavily for the better part of the day. My vape does not leave my hand while I am driving, and that can be typically 4-6 hours a day. Add in another potential couple hours of heavy vaping whilst watching vape videos, youtube, reading, etc after work. I rarely, and I mean RARELY, make it through the work day on one tank in the Kayfun. Not to mention the rest of the day. By the next morning the Kayfun is getting dry again, so I vape almost two tanks, or close to 9ml a day. I also casually drip throughout the day when I'm feeling the need for a Boba's rush. My Kayfun doesn't actually cut it for capacity, I need the dripper for when my tank runs dry on the road. Yes I do drip and drive, with a fatty tip and a very small dripper. The dripping is mindless and requires less attention than checking the passenger side mirror. I love the setup.

Perspective:
As previously stated, I would guestimate my typical daily juice consumption to be somewhere in the 6-10ml range. Bear in mind, this is with a 1ohm single coil without adjustable juice control. The Aqua, meant to run dual coils, lower ohms, with increased air and juice flow, is obviously going to be capable of going through juice far faster than my Kayfun. Perhaps the increased vapor will afford you to take fewer puffs, and this could be a moot point. I, personally, would vape it just as much if not more than my Kayfun, and most certainly go through more juice.

Point:
This thing is going to be a THIRSTY little beast, and with the small capacity it is going to require several refills if you are a moderate to heavy vaper(why would you buy this if you weren't?). In my case, I would likely be on 3rd or 4th tank by the time I got off work. This pains me, very deeply. I have been waiting quite patiently for the next big tank, but I see the capacity being an issue in my scenario. I spend a lot of time driving at work, and driving is my prime vape time. I just can't afford the small capacity. Now of course I could cary two or three of these to work, but I think I'll hold off for the 4+ ml 22mm revision that is soon to come. Wishful thinking of course =D

Rambling:
I just have a feeling that the next version or perhaps spin-off of this one is going to be end game. I feel like this piece is a revolution in simplicity, it is beautiful, and it is the first tank to provide enough air and juice to perform like a dripper. I would pay twice the price for this piece with KFL capacity and revised studs. I've always thought that I could stop buying vape gear if a Kayfun Lite came out with a nice juice control and the option to really open up the airflow like a bored out dripper. The day has arrived, but I just can't get past the low capacity. The vape gods have delivered my dream, but as a practical joke they have given it the capacity of a CE2. This is an amazing piece and I do not want to take away from it, these are just my critical thoughts. When I saw the parts laid out in the video I was like "... that's it???" As previously stated, I am blown away by the revolutionary simplicity of this juice monster.

HOWEVER,
Give me capacity, or give me death!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
The one thing that is really bothering me about the Aqua is how loose it feels when you open the juice control more then 1 turn and the airholes more then half way.

I am running 27g wire in both coils, they are 1/16 diameter and the total resistance is about .4. / I keep the airholes all open, but have found 1/2 turn on the juice control to be sufficient. with this configuration the tank is solid and not loose at all.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
oh for sure thanks! hahaha I must have askd the wrong question for tanks and how many drags. what ohm are you running? how often do you vape? do you chain vape?
each coil is about 8.5Ω on this tank with 27g wire and a 1/16 micro coil, so far it has been incredible. I take to work 3 devices, this one, my k-lite, and my reo. for me I cannot vape one specific juice all day, this is why I alternate devices because each one has a different juice. I vape between 4 & 6 mls per day

quintheskimo

Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Los Angeles
@whokee that's tough to answer. I can count in a dripper, as it's so few. I'll pay more attention to get you an answer. Certainly, I've been refilling twice in a day, I guess. I definitely go through more battery swaps in a day than refills.
I built some new coils today for all my devices today, and ran too late to finish the Aqua (another if my shining moments of duh), so I just used my Steam Turbine for the day. I went through 2 tanks and would be on a third, except I switched back to a newly built Aqua.
@wheredufindthis Your predicament sounds like the perfect excuse to roll with multiple high end attys! Ha! Seriously, though, I think the smaller tank capacity would be less of an issue if refilling the Aqua wasn't such a pain in the poo. That's just the way it goes, I guess, until your prediction come true.

whokee

Oct 4, 2013
s
I askd someone on Instagram, he had a .8 ohm dual coil. he said chain Vaping last him 40mins before refilling. knowing me, it'll be the same. my first choice was to get a kayfun lite, till I seen this aqua. but now after getting more info and answers about the tank and fills. I'll stick to my first choice and get a kayfun lite. refilling very hour is pretty much like dripping. juice killer. as for a kayfun 4.5ml tank refill every 4-6hrs maybe every last a whole day at .8ohms is straight winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread