Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
@whokee that's tough to answer. I can count in a dripper, as it's so few. I'll pay more attention to get you an answer. Certainly, I've been refilling twice in a day, I guess. I definitely go through more battery swaps in a day than refills.
I built some new coils today for all my devices today, and ran too late to finish the Aqua (another if my shining moments of duh), so I just used my Steam Turbine for the day. I went through 2 tanks and would be on a third, except I switched back to a newly built Aqua.
@wheredufindthis Your predicament sounds like the perfect excuse to roll with multiple high end attys! Ha! Seriously, though, I think the smaller tank capacity would be less of an issue if refilling the Aqua wasn't such a pain in the poo. That's just the way it goes, I guess, until your prediction come true.

you know the first day or so i thought the same about the re-filling thing but today it was a snap. like anything else you just got to get used to it. actually it doesn't take anymore time to fill then the kayfun. i just close off the air & juice controls and twist off the top cap then fill it up, then turn upside down and open the air control (5 seconds) turn right side up and vape. i then vape a for a couple of pulls before opening up the juice control. it really is kind of easy and doesn't take much more then a minute. the more im vaping this the better im liking it, the last fill up i did, i didn't get one spec of juice anywhere.

bustabo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
connect-eye-cut
has anyone done a single coil in it yet? and how does it compare to the dual coil build in this device?

I did one. I used 26g. Came out to .7 ohm. I like ekowool and silica in this better than cotton for some reason.

Never a fan of duals. I just ran some extra wick from the other side onto the wicks thru the coil. Works perfect. U can also jam cotton real tight into the unused wick channels to block them off. That worked for me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

9ball_AJ

On the Snap...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I did one. I used 26g. Came out to .7 ohm. I like ekowool and silica in this better than cotton for some reason.

Never a fan of duals. I just ran some extra wick from the other side onto the wicks thru the coil. Works perfect. U can also jam cotton real tight into the unused wick channels to block them off. That worked for me as well.

i also never cared to much for duals, but at the moment not to bad at all. i guess the reason i never cared for them to much is that i enjoy a thicker gauge wire like 26g and like resistances in the .7 range, so for dual coils in this scenario you need quite a lot of wire. each coil would be about 13 wraps or so, to much wire imo. so in this aqua i use 27g wire and had to go lower in resistance then i usually go. i think i have a good balance at the moment which doesn't have to much wire, and heats up pretty quickly and the resistance isn't ridiculously low. but i would like to try a single to compare. i also was thinking of using the extra wicking slots to feed the single coil. also i was thinking of what would happen if i didn't use the extra slots and just left them alone? would it flood you think?

quintheskimo

Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Los Angeles
@vapdivrr You're probably right about the filling thing, I'm taking it more in stride the more often I do it. Never had a Kayfun, so I have only compared it to RDAs and Gennies.

I personally prefer duals, so I cannot weigh in on a single build, but I totally concur with your assessment that finding the right wrap count for a dual 26g so that it fires quickly, yet not drop too low in ohms, can be a bit tricky.

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
Had mine since Monday.

First thing liquid control? Err no. Took a few floods to pick up that there is no shutting or opening just screwing it down and leave. Wicks perfectly well like that.

2 ml capacity is rather limiting. .7 dual coil empties the tank amazingly quickly.

Popped a 1.2 in there and still feeling the limitations but doable.

Build... have to say superb.

Prefer the isolation to that on the KayFun.

It is a keeper but I thought it would replace a KayFun as a take to work with a geny but no.

So sorry 199 staying in my clutches for a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I would think it would flood. They aren't like the little Kayfun channels. Juice would probably flow right up in there.

I guess your right, the slots are much different to the kayfun and would most likely get up into there and flood.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
@vapdivrr You're probably right about the filling thing, I'm taking it more in stride the more often I do it. Never had a Kayfun, so I have only compared it to RDAs and Gennies.

I personally prefer duals, so I cannot weigh in on a single build, but I totally concur with your assessment that finding the right wrap count for a dual 26g so that it fires quickly, yet not drop too low in ohms, can be a bit tricky.

yes its tricky all around I guess. if your used to doing a lot of duals I suppose you could make a quick set up but because I haven't done to many it took me a while. I mean if one coil has slightly longer legs then the other, it doesn't glow in unison, that bugs me a lot. trying to attach the legs of both coils onto the posts and having both coils glow exactly in time took me a while. from the time I started making the actual coils, to completely done with a perfect set up took me 1-1/2 hrs. usually I can do a single micro from start to finish in 15. but I enjoy it so I cant complain.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Aqua by Footoon . Just received mine today, and, well, the Russian has been unseated as my favorite rba. Slapped a dual micro .61 ohm build, using 28 Kanthal, and cotton wick, been vaping my brains out. Love the full air adjust by just turning the tank. No tools needed. Can also close this baby down tight, so no leaks if thrown in a case or pocket. The only con is the small tank capacity. But it vapes like crazy. Seriously, if you are into rba's and you like bottom coil designs, this a must have tank. Trying to justify buying another. hmm, hmm,

I didn't find mounting my first dual coil that much of a problem. I mounted the first coil using the mount site under the lower knurls, adjusted the position, then used the top knurl mount site for the second coil, adjust position, then test pulsed it. Everything glowed fairly evenly, so wicked it, saturated cotton wick and assembled and vaped. Did seriously flood it on my first fill, so took the kick 2 out and vaped with a fresh battery till all cleared. Now that I've read this entire thread, will use the fill flip burp method. Have it kicked at 15 watts and enjoying the vape immensely.

Am going to try dual vertical mounts and SS mesh hybrid build. Need to play with the new toy and see how many positions she'll stand for.

Let see now, Aqua, the Russian, and Terminator-C, what to get next? Like the looks of the SQuape, fogger 3 is a distinct possibility, any suggestions on great performing rba's that will put the Aqua and Kayfun up to the test?

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Well, never read the hype, I first saw the Aqua on the Super-T thread, and then looked for it, saw Ricks review on it, and loved the design. But, whatever Hype is said about the Aqua, I'm just saying it's worth the $175 that I paid for it.

After running 3 tanks through my first build on the Aqua, I decided to go Vertical. Used a 16 gauge blunt tip needle to wrap the coils, did a 8-9 wrap with 28 gauge Kanthal, the used a 18 gauge needle to mount the coils, since the 16 gauge wouldn't quite fit in the air holes to properly align the coil mounting. Used both the top and lower mounting positions to secure the leads. Distance of coil from deck was the thickness of the positive Isolater washer. Didn't want the coil to ground out, so mounted both coils the same distance from the deck. Wrapped the leads around the outside of the post, so that when tightening, they leads wouldn't slack up, and this also gave me the most room to wick.

Measured .61 ohms. With this vertical mount, the first thing I noticed upon pulsing the build was that both coils heated up exactly at the same time, same intensity, from the middle out. Which makes sense since each leg is now exactly the same distance from the post. I also did the pinch and torching of the coils before mounting to set them in place. I was starting to get excited.

Now the wicking. Used cotton balls from my pre-boiled stash, twisted up fairly tight. With one strand, went under the top leg and between the post and coil, through the middle and around the opposite coil, around the outside, and back to the apposing juice channel from the other side, so am using the kinny corner juice channels for one strand of cotton. Did the same thing with the other strand, doing an over and under weave where the 2 wick strands come in contact in the middle, and wrapping around the outside of the coil, to get the ends into the kinney corner juice channels. I left the tails long and doubled them back up, pushing the doubled wick into the juice channels, using the blunt nose needle to pack them in. I did this because on my previous build, noticed that if you barely cracked open the juice control, it tended to gurgle and flood, was to sensitive for good control, and was hopeful that this would help with extra wick in the channels.

Saturated wick, retucked the cotton into the juice track and around the coils and making sure the top holes of the coil weren't covered. Assembled and filled.

OMG. Now were cooking. Vape is even better. No gurgling at all, have the juice control opened 2 1/2 full turns, yes, 2 1/2 full 360 degree revolutions open. No flooding, no gurgling, no spitter, no splatter, just nice smooth slightly warm juicy clouds of tasty, tasty, vape. This puppy hits sooo smooooooooth. I have it kicked at 15 watts, 80% VG, 12 mg nic. Not even a hint of dry hits while chain vaping. After doing my first build, and thinking about it, thought the Aqua would be ideal for vertical duals. And it is. Give it a try, I'm glad I did, and I haven't even owned this puppy for 24 hrs yet.

nosaj03

Verified Member
Nov 1, 2013
WPB, FL
Well, never read the hype, I first saw the Aqua on the Super-T thread, and then looked for it, saw Ricks review on it, and loved the design. But, whatever Hype is said about the Aqua, I'm just saying it's worth the $175 that I paid for it.

After running 3 tanks through my first build on the Aqua, I decided to go Vertical. Used a 16 gauge blunt tip needle to wrap the coils, did a 8-9 wrap with 28 gauge Kanthal, the used a 18 gauge needle to mount the coils, since the 16 gauge wouldn't quite fit in the air holes to properly align the coil mounting. Used both the top and lower mounting positions to secure the leads. Distance of coil from deck was the thickness of the positive Isolater washer. Didn't want the coil to ground out, so mounted both coils the same distance from the deck. Wrapped the leads around the outside of the post, so that when tightening, they leads wouldn't slack up, and this also gave me the most room to wick.

Measured .61 ohms. With this vertical mount, the first thing I noticed upon pulsing the build was that both coils heated up exactly at the same time, same intensity, from the middle out. Which makes sense since each leg is now exactly the same distance from the post. I also did the pinch and torching of the coils before mounting to set them in place. I was starting to get excited.

Now the wicking. Used cotton balls from my pre-boiled stash, twisted up fairly tight. With one strand, went under the top leg and between the post and coil, through the middle and around the opposite coil, around the outside, and back to the apposing juice channel from the other side, so am using the kinny corner juice channels for one strand of cotton. Did the same thing with the other strand, doing an over and under weave where the 2 wick strands come in contact in the middle, and wrapping around the outside of the coil, to get the ends into the kinney corner juice channels. I left the tails long and doubled them back up, pushing the doubled wick into the juice channels, using the blunt nose needle to pack them in. I did this because on my previous build, noticed that if you barely cracked open the juice control, it tended to gurgle and flood, was to sensitive for good control, and was hopeful that this would help with extra wick in the channels.

Saturated wick, retucked the cotton into the juice track and around the coils and making sure the top holes of the coil weren't covered. Assembled and filled.

OMG. Now were cooking. Vape is even better. No gurgling at all, have the juice control opened 2 1/2 full turns, yes, 2 1/2 full 360 degree revolutions open. No flooding, no gurgling, no spitter, no splatter, just nice smooth slightly warm juicy clouds of tasty, tasty, vape. This puppy hits sooo smooooooooth. I have it kicked at 15 watts, 80% VG, 12 mg nic. Not even a hint of dry hits while chain vaping. After doing my first build, and thinking about it, thought the Aqua would be ideal for vertical duals. And it is. Give it a try, I'm glad I did, and I haven't even owned this puppy for 24 hrs yet.

Post pics if possible! Sounds like you found a key set up for it. Im still on the fence about it though.

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
Aqua by Footoon . Just received mine today, and, well, the Russian has been unseated as my favorite rba. Slapped a dual micro .61 ohm build, using 28 Kanthal, and cotton wick, been vaping my brains out. Love the full air adjust by just turning the tank. No tools needed. Can also close this baby down tight, so no leaks if thrown in a case or pocket. The only con is the small tank capacity. But it vapes like crazy. Seriously, if you are into rba's and you like bottom coil designs, this a must have tank. Trying to justify buying another. hmm, hmm,

I didn't find mounting my first dual coil that much of a problem. I mounted the first coil using the mount site under the lower knurls, adjusted the position, then used the top knurl mount site for the second coil, adjust position, then test pulsed it. Everything glowed fairly evenly, so wicked it, saturated cotton wick and assembled and vaped. Did seriously flood it on my first fill, so took the kick 2 out and vaped with a fresh battery till all cleared. Now that I've read this entire thread, will use the fill flip burp method. Have it kicked at 15 watts and enjoying the vape immensely.

Am going to try dual vertical mounts and SS mesh hybrid build. Need to play with the new toy and see how many positions she'll stand for.

Let see now, Aqua, the Russian, and Terminator-C, what to get next? Like the looks of the SQuape, fogger 3 is a distinct possibility, any suggestions on great performing rba's that will put the Aqua and Kayfun up to the test?

Squape is great! Ithaka is Fantastic! if you don't mind joining nr-r-nr wire or get the coil only premade....
lajILe8.jpg
bFhUqzY.jpg

ithaka and squape....
i would love a comparison of the aqua with ithaka before i pull the trigger....

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
I dont usually do this but Ill go ahead and share my opinions on the two:

Vapor Quantity:
Aqua is superior but not really by as much as some think. A good dual micro coil in Ithaka does pretty good.

Ease of Build:
Aqua is easier due to NR R NR

Airflow:
I find myself wide open on Ithaka, the Aqua goes further. Like a really open dripper or gennie.
Function of airflow goes to Ithaka. I get a tiny bit of wobble with the Aqua due to the way it opens. Plus opening air control can mess with the juice control and juice control can mess with the air control, so you have to hold the juice when turning the air and vice versa.

Juice Control:
Now Im new to Aqua with little adjustment time but I find myself messing with the Aqua more often to get it right. Ithaka auto and manual mode combo for juice control is a winner here.

Leaking, gurgleing, sputtering:
This is pretty much a tie, I have some issues filling Ithaka the same way as I do with the Aqua. Sometimes I follow the perscribed method like the turn upside down one found here in this thread and it works perfect and other times it doesnt, with both attys. I get spitting from Ithaka and never the Aqua though, so far. I have found juice on the side of the Aqua and never on Ithaka, although it seems to let some go out the bottom and Aqua's been typical of most any atty in that regard. Overall, if you get them both filled properly and it works they are both fine.

Looks:
Eye of the beholder

Longevity:
Ithaka requires ceramic, multiple wire types and lots of little parts. Aqua I think will last forever. You can have it in 30 years and not hope Imeo doesnt stop producing ceramics.

Remeber, Ive only ran the Aqua for a couple days with only two builds and both were similar Micro one with 30g and one 28g and cotton. Nothing fancy and about 1.3 ohms. Im not a cloud chaser at all.

Any other questions just ask.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread