Uwell Crown II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT
anyone have more updates since its been out a few months now? if you didnt already own the first version, is it a no brainer to buy the crown 2?

I preordered one from myuwell.com and it just shipped this evening. Hoping to get it on sat, I have high hopes for this tank [emoji3]

never understood why the actual manufacture website sells their stuff MORE expensive than distributors....$35 on uwell.com vs $21 from a distributor website

I ordered one from Vapor Rider and should have it by next Monday. Not a bad price at $24.95. I can't find coils anywhere though.

never heard of this site until now... 21 bux for the crown 2 now!!!

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
anyone have more updates since its been out a few months now? if you didnt already own the first version, is it a no brainer to buy the crown 2?

never understood why the actual manufacture website sells their stuff MORE expensive than distributors....$35 on Uwell.com vs $21 from a distributor website

never heard of this site until now... 21 bux for the crown 2 now!!!

Ecig.com has them for $16. Uwell Crown 2 Tank | Ecig.com

It wouldn't be fair to the vendors if manufactures sold their products cheaper than the vendors. It would put vendors out of business.

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT
Ecig.com has them for $16. Uwell Crown 2 Tank | Ecig.com

It wouldn't be fair to the vendors if manufactures sold their products cheaper than the vendors. It would put vendors out of business.

Damn thats cheap! this stuff legit? by far the cheapest ive seen, appreciate it! do you have the tank? any complaints?

yea that makes sense about vendors but why not price match?

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Damn thats cheap! this stuff legit? by far the cheapest ive seen, appreciate it! do you have the tank? any complaints?

yea that makes sense about vendors but why not price match?

Yes it's legit. That's where I bought mine. My only complaint is I wish the drip tip was longer like the v1.

Vendors need to have a price advantage over manufactures in order to sell their products. Manufactures sell at retail prices while most vendors typically sell for less than retail.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
ive heard a lot of people saying the coils suck....anyone else having a problem with the coils?

It boils down to the juice you're using. If you're using thick sweet juice, then the RBA or a RTA is a better choice. If you're using juice that is no higher than 50%VG without sweeteners, then the Uwell factory coils work great and last a long time.

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT
It boils down to the juice you're using. If you're using thick sweet juice, then the RBA or a RTA is a better choice. If you're using juice that is no higher than 50%VG without sweeteners, then the Uwell factory coils work great and last a long time.

youve used the crown tank 2 coils before? ive not heard of the juice being the issue but curious if thats what youve found or you are talking general

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
youve used the crown tank 2 coils before? ive not heard of the juice being the issue but curious if thats what youve found or you are talking general

I've used Crown 1 and 2 coils and always had great luck with them. I get an average of 3 months out of v1 coils. The v2 I've only had 6 weeks but still using the same coil I started with.

Back when I started vaping people knew high VG juices with artificial sweeteners killed coils but today's generation of vapers don't seem to know that and blame the coil for short life instead of their juice.

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT
I've used Crown 1 and 2 coils and always had great luck with them. I get an average of 3 months out of v1 coils. The v2 I've only had 6 weeks but still using the same coil I started with.

Back when I started vaping people knew high VG juices with artificial sweeteners killed coils but today's generation of vapers don't seem to know that and blame the coil for short life instead of their juice.

not sure im buying that. with all the reviews out their regarding the coils, i find it hard to believe that the very same people saying there is no issue with the crown 1 but have issues with the crown 2....

3 months out of a coil lol o_O

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
not sure im buying that. with all the reviews out their regarding the coils, i find it hard to believe that the very same people saying there is no issue with the crown 1 but have issues with the crown 2....

3 months out of a coil lol o_O

It's true, I have no reason to make it up. The reason why so many people have short life with coils is because thick sweet juices are all the rage right now. So naturally more people are going to have problems than those who don't. Thick sweet juices are the reason why RTAs have become more popular, so you change change the wick often and dry burn the coil to get all the crud off. Can't do that with factory coils.

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT
my point is, that people review the crown 1 and say they get normal life out of the coils. same reviewers review the crown 2 tank and say it is only lasting 3 days....

so, obviously, its not the juice, its the coils in question.

what you are saying regarding the juice very well may be true but it doesnt answer the question about crown 2 tank coils being bad or not.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
my point is, that people review the crown 1 and say they get normal life out of the coils. same reviewers review the crown 2 tank and say it is only lasting 3 days....

so, obviously, its not the juice, its the coils in question.

what you are saying regarding the juice very well may be true but it doesnt answer the question about crown 2 tank coils being bad or not.

I remember in the beginning reviewers said there were problems with the coils having a burnt taste but I haven't seen any talking about coil life. Sounds like you have seen videos that I haven't. Since I don't use thick sweet juice and have long coil life I have to say anyone with short life the problem is their juice. A coil is just a piece of wire. A clean coil will last longer than a gunked up coil. Sweeteners gunk up coils. Thick juices cause wicking problems and dry hits leading to short coil life.

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT
I remember in the beginning reviewers said there were problems with the coils having a burnt taste but I haven't seen any talking about coil life. Sounds like you have seen videos that I haven't. Since I don't use thick sweet juice and have long coil life I have to say anyone with short life the problem is their juice. A coil is just a piece of wire. A clean coil will last longer than a gunked up coil. Sweeteners gunk up coils. Thick juices cause wicking problems and dry hits leading to short coil life.

ok, well you are clearly in the minority. i would bet most people here do not get 3 months out of a coil, so its irrelevant. search for crown 2 reviews and you will see tons of problems related to the coils.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
ok, well you are clearly in the minority. i would bet most people here do not get 3 months out of a coil, so its irrelevant. search for crown 2 reviews and you will see tons of problems related to the coils.

I know I'm in the minority and have stated that. Most people use thick sweet juices and I don't, so naturally more people are going to have short coil life than those with long coil life.

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
I know I'm in the minority and have stated that. Most people use thick sweet juices and I don't, so naturally more people are going to have short coil life than those with long coil life.
Sorry, but regardless of e-juice, if a coil lasts only 3 days, it is a piece of sh*t. Glad to hear that you aren't having problems, but very few people have had that same experience with the Crown II coils. From a quality standpoint, that just isn't good. And you cannot blame the juice on the problem. I have personally given up on the Crown II coils and have been happy so far with using the Rafale coils in the Crown II. No issues so far.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Sorry, but regardless of e-juice, if a coil lasts only 3 days, it is a piece of sh*t. Glad to hear that you aren't having problems, but very few people have had that same experience with the Crown II coils. From a quality standpoint, that just isn't good. And you cannot blame the juice on the problem. I have personally given up on the Crown II coils and have been happy so far with using the Rafale coils in the Crown II. No issues so far.

3 days is about the average life most people get from factory coils regardless of the manufacture. That's why they move onto RTAs. Juice is the only variable why some people get such a short coil life.

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
3 days is about the average life most people get from factory coils regardless of the manufacture. That's why they move onto RTAs. Juice is the only variable why some people get such a short coil life.
Nope. Don't know where you got this stat, and I highly doubt the average is 3 days. I have been vaping for two years on coils and mine last weeks not days regardless of e-juice. And if someone moves to RTAs, its more likely that they like to build over having convenience. Not every coil is the same, so you can't say juice is the only variable.

Reactions: drysprocket

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Nope. Don't know where you got this stat, and I highly doubt the average is 3 days. I have been vaping for two years on coils and mine last weeks not days regardless of e-juice. And if someone moves to RTAs, its more likely that they like to build over having convenience. Not every coil is the same, so you can't say juice is the only variable.

I've been vaping and reading this forum since it started in 2007. 3 days was the average even back when people were using atomizers. Back then one atomizer was $8 and there was no rebuildable atomizers, so people did what they could to make their atomizers last longer and they found using juice no higher than 20% VG without sweeteners increased the life of atomizers from a few days to a few months. They also found dark juices cut the life down. Now today cloud chasers have made high VG popular and American's love affair with sugar have sweet juices popular making the average factory coil life 3 days once again but these new vapers don't associate their choice of juice with coil life. Instead they blame the coil, so they move onto RTAs so they can change they wick often and dry burn the coils every few days to get all the caramelized sugar off the coil.

Here's one recent thread where a user made the switch to RTAs.
Best Coils for Sweet Juice

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT

not true at all.

I've been vaping and reading this forum since it started in 2007. 3 days was the average even back when people were using atomizers. Back then one atomizer was $8 and there was no rebuildable atomizers, so people did what they could to make their atomizers last longer and they found using juice no higher than 20% VG without sweeteners increased the life of atomizers from a few days to a few months. They also found dark juices cut the life down. Now today cloud chasers have made high VG popular and American's love affair with sugar have sweet juices popular making the average factory coil life 3 days once again but these new vapers don't associate their choice of juice with coil life. Instead they blame the coil, so they move onto RTAs so they can change they wick often and dry burn the coils every few days to get all the caramelized sugar off the coil.

Here's one recent thread where a user made the switch to RTAs.
Best Coils for Sweet Juice

most coils are lasting 1-3 weeks id say..2 weeks being the norm...

Reactions: drysprocket
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread