Uwell Crown II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Robot

Nov 26, 2015
Hill Valley
FYI.....
The Rafale coils will fit the Crown II with no problems.
Put one in my Crown II and it works like a charm!:thumbs:

• Available in 0.1Ω, 0.2Ω, 0.5Ω.
  • 0.2Ω and 0.5Ω coils are made with stainless steel wire SUS316 (for regular wattage vaping mode)
  • 0.1Ω coil is made with Ni200 wire (for temperature control vaping mode ONLY)
  • Uses 100% organic Japanese cotton

Last edited:

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT
FYI.....
The Rafale coils will fit the Crown II with no problems.
Put one in my Crown II and it works like a charm!:thumbs:

• Available in 0.1Ω, 0.2Ω, 0.5Ω.
  • 0.2Ω and 0.5Ω coils are made with stainless steel wire SUS316 (for regular wattage vaping mode)
  • 0.1Ω coil is made with Ni200 wire (for temperature control vaping mode ONLY)
  • Uses 100% organic Japanese cotton

thanks man. Yea, i do remember that the rafale coils will work. How are those? any issues? that might be my best option to get until the fix the crown 2 coils.

how do the rafale coils compare to the crown 1 coils?>

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
thanks man. Yea, i do remember that the rafale coils will work. How are those? any issues? that might be my best option to get until the fix the crown 2 coils.

how do the rafale coils compare to the crown 1 coils?>

I've been using the Rafale Ni coils for the past few weeks. On the positive side, I haven't had any burnt or nasty hits like I did with the Crown II coils. On the negative, I personally find the flavor a bit muted when compared to the original Crown coils. So, still not completely satisfied,and hoping the Crown II v3 (or v4!) fixes the issues. Or I may try the .2 SS Rafale coils.

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT
I've been using the Rafale Ni coils for the past few weeks. On the positive side, I haven't had any burnt or nasty hits like I did with the Crown II coils. On the negative, I personally find the flavor a bit muted when compared to the original Crown coils. So, still not completely satisfied,and hoping the Crown II v3 (or v4!) fixes the issues. Or I may try the .2 SS Rafale coils.

gotcha...ok, im going to just hold off on buying a new tank for now then until the issues are fixed with the crown 2 coils....

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
@Lacit1707 - FWIW, I did just make a purchase of a different tank that I am very excited about receiving -- the Starre Pure. I already own the Starre Maxx and Starre Scylla, both of which I have enjoyed (maybe not as much as the Crown or Herakles Plus, but still good and very consistent and high quality tanks).

There have been some great reviews on YouTube on this, including one from from Todd's Reviews - . Todd is one of the reviewers that I generally trust over other "sellouts" out there doing reviews. Hoping this one will be a winner and can join my daily rotation.

Slooooters

Jul 16, 2014
Toronto
I was having problems with my Crown 2 coils, but read somewhere about pricking them with a pin first and it has totally fixed them.
I presoak the coil nice and slow from the top until I can see all 4 holes are wet, then take a pin and poke it through once on each side (need good pressure sometimes). Then pop it on, wait a bit longer for full priming, then vape away - building up my watts from low to ideal.
I use the 0.5s and have ended up liking it at around 51W.

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
Just got mine, loved the v1, so far I like the v2, I got it to use the .8 kanthal coils. Still not sure how hard to push them though... I think I read somewhere that the min-max wattage levels given by uwell were wrong and the min level is actually the max... So max 35w. Wondered if anyone has had any luck with the .8's.

I started around 20w and I'm up to 32.5w on the .8 and it seems to be working pretty good, but I feel like I'm not getting this 9.9/10 flavor rating, it tastes worse than my month+ old v1 .5 coil with the same liquid (25/75 pg/vg 10% flavor, mixed by me) but I think it's because I'm not used to kanthal because I don't think I've used a kanthal coil for a long time? I thought the v1 coil was ss?

Also in reference to the liquid being too thick, I do agree with hyperspace but seeing how the current fad is high vg sweet liquid then manufactures should create the coils to be compatible IMHO.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Just got mine, loved the v1, so far I like the v2, I got it to use the .8 kanthal coils. Still not sure how hard to push them though... I think I read somewhere that the min-max wattage levels given by uwell were wrong and the min level is actually the max... So max 35w. Wondered if anyone has had any luck with the .8's.

I started around 20w and I'm up to 32.5w on the .8 and it seems to be working pretty good, but I feel like I'm not getting this 9.9/10 flavor rating, it tastes worse than my month+ old v1 .5 coil with the same liquid (25/75 pg/vg 10% flavor, mixed by me) but I think it's because I'm not used to kanthal because I don't think I've used a kanthal coil for a long time? I thought the v1 coil was ss?

Also in reference to the liquid being too thick, I do agree with hyperspace but seeing how the current fad is high vg sweet liquid then manufactures should create the coils to be compatible IMHO.

I use the .8 coils at 35 watts and they work well for me. Manufactures do what they can to have their coils work with all kinds of juice but there's only so much they can do.

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
I use the .8 coils at 35 watts and they work well for me. Manufactures do what they can to have their coils work with all kinds of juice but there's only so much they can do.

I took it all the way up to 50w which was clouding up the living room and getting me NIC sick lol, I've taken it back down to 35 though now.

Do you choke the intake down on the .8 Hyperspace?

Also what is the real wattage range of these things? Has Uwell updated them?

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
I took it all the way up to 50w which was clouding up the living room and getting me NIC sick lol, I've taken it back down to 35 though now.

Do you choke the intake down on the .8 Hyperspace?

Also what is the real wattage range of these things? Has Uwell updated them?

As far as I know the range is 35-55W. I've never went above 35W because I'm satisfied with that. I run the AFC wide open. From what I hear Uwell is on version 4 of the coils. I haven't tried them yet because I'm still using version 3.

Reactions: herb

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
As far as I know the range is 35-55W. I've never went above 35W because I'm satisfied with that. I run the AFC wide open. From what I hear Uwell is on version 4 of the coils. I haven't tried them yet because I'm still using version 3.

I'm glad I ended up waiting a while to get the crown 2 then, are there any identifying markers for which version is which?

I wonder which is true:

kanthal tastes bad and I only noticed because of long time sus316 coil usage and tried to go back
-or-
Sus316 tastes bad and I was just too used to it...?

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
I'm glad I ended up waiting a while to get the crown 2 then, are there any identifying markers for which version is which?

I wonder which is true:

kanthal tastes bad and I only noticed because of long time sus316 coil usage and tried to go back
-or-
Sus316 tastes bad and I was just too used to it...?

Version of what, do you mean coils?

To me the Kanthal coils taste good. I have wondered why they made the .8 coils out of Kanthal when all the rest are SS.

I haven't tried the Sus316 coils yet.

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
Version of what, do you mean coils?

To me the Kanthal coils taste good. I have wondered why they made the .8 coils out of Kanthal when all the rest are SS.

I haven't tried the Sus316 coils yet.

Yes, I meant the coils, really haven't tried stainless coils? They taste way better to me... Like just juice, no metallic tastes to me.

I haven't seen any .8+ ohm stainless coils, not sure if it's even possible, maybe some exotic alloy but I haven't really searched either... Then again the same wire that is being used for .5 might work to make .8 because it's resistance per foot then add a little more coil if I'm thinking correctly?

Because of the size of these coils (the pictures on the internet do not do these coils any justice, to me they're huge) the rba deck(s) might be interesting, but it also unsolves a problem of wrapping coils, the reason I went to sub ohm tanks in the first place haha. Maybe just get two build decks and have a spare setup.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Yes, I meant the coils, really haven't tried stainless coils? They taste way better to me... Like just juice, no metallic tastes to me.

I haven't seen any .8+ ohm stainless coils, not sure if it's even possible, maybe some exotic alloy but I haven't really searched either... Then again the same wire that is being used for .5 might work to make .8 because it's resistance per foot then add a little more coil if I'm thinking correctly?

Because of the size of these coils (the pictures on the internet do not do these coils any justice, to me they're huge) the rba deck(s) might be interesting, but it also unsolves a problem of wrapping coils, the reason I went to sub ohm tanks in the first place haha. Maybe just get two build decks and have a spare setup.

The Rafale RBA (which is for the Crown II ) works excellent , allows you to build identical to the stock heads which many other RBA offerings do not .

Doesn't just come with the RBA head either , comes with the actual stainless tool to make them .

Reactions: Hyperspace

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan

I've used the .5 and 1.2 SS coils on the Crown 1 and they worked well but the .5 had better taste than the 1.2. I think the .8 tastes as good as the .5 and it saves juice and gives better battery life.

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
I recently bought the Crown 2, have loved the original Crown for a while (minus the whole tank disassembling sometimes when unscrewing the top cap to refill), but flavor/performance wise, absolutely love that tank.

Haven't had great luck with the Crown 2 at all, even with their newest version of coils. I was about to give up on it altogether, but reading through this thread I think I'll try the Rafale coils in it. Fingers crossed!

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I recently bought the Crown 2, have loved the original Crown for a while (minus the whole tank disassembling sometimes when unscrewing the top cap to refill), but flavor/performance wise, absolutely love that tank.

Haven't had great luck with the Crown 2 at all, even with their newest version of coils. I was about to give up on it altogether, but reading through this thread I think I'll try the Rafale coils in it. Fingers crossed!

If you have the right coils the Crown II is incredible , the RBA kit is the best i have ever used . What kind of issues can you be having , you do have to prime the factory coils more so than the original Crown and make sure you start new coils at low wattage .

Never start coils at high wattage especially when new and breaking them in, even if they are primed .

Reactions: Hyperspace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread