Uwell Crown III Review/Unboxing (with pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AciD_RaiN

Oct 5, 2016
First of all: I am not a professional reviewer or a photographer. I do not represent these companies or have anything to gain from this review.

So I just got a surprise present from my friend Iris Chen at elegomall.com and as a thank you I thought it would be nice to at least mention her in this review :) I will give my opinions at the bottom.

So I just got this box and I had no idea what I was getting.
p8jHyU.jpg

You can imagine my surprise when I opened the box and found a uwell Crown III inside !!
aHymb0.jpg

This box came with a lot of goodies. First and foremost a small bag of "bath salts", Extra glass, extra coil, a rubber hat for the drip tip, some O-rings, something that looks like a mini bottle opener, that I think is for adjusting the airflow holes, an information pamphlet and a warning note.
suTlho.jpg

The tank out of the box. Really like the colors :)
KP8pYv.jpg

And the tank on top of my purple SMOK GX350. I think they look perfect together.
t9WpbK.jpg

The tank has an un-screwable top cap with 2 fill ports under it.
KqmVTk.jpg

The pre-installed coil is 0.25Ohms and it says 80-90W. I hope you can see on this picture that there are 3 airflow holes on the bottom part and they are adjustable with a stopper.
gj7Wfx.jpg

After priming the coil and filling the tank I had a few hits on 85 Watts.
8ez54G.jpg

dTNnNY.jpg

So to summon it up the kit includes:
1 x Crown III Tank with SS 0.25ohm coil (pre-installed)
1 x Extra SS Coil 0.5ohm
1 x Replacement Glass Tube
1 x Extra Rubber O-rings
1 x Manual
1 x Crown 3 key
1 x Drip tip cover
1 x Gift Box
And the specifications are:
Capacity:5.0ml
Size:24.5 * 62.7mm
Coil:SUS316 0.25ohm(80-90W) / SUS316 0.5ohm(70-80W)
Weight:63.5g
Connection Threading: 510

So my conclusion. The tank is a nice looking fella with good capacity and an OK airflow. I had suspected a better airflow since the holes are 3 and quite big but I'm used to more airflow. I was impressed with the build quality and the nice "tightness" of the rubber rings who insulate the tank well. I would be surprised if there would be any leakage. It vapes well, looks good and feels good. Overall I think it's a fantastic tank :)

I would like to thank again my friend Iris Chen at for this great present and the opportunity to try this tank :)

Iris Chen.Elego China

Multiple ID Suspension
Apr 12, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company

Iris Chen.Elego

Multiple ID Suspension
Apr 12, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company - DO NOT CREATE ADDITIONAL ACCOUNTS

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Nice review, Acid! I also recently received a Crown III from Elegomall. It was a contest win and I was gettin' ready to write a review up on it after a week and a half or so of usage. Not sure that I really want to start a whole new thread on it, so would it be alright if I just dropped my review here in your thread? Maybe we could compare notes and drag a coupla other folks in to get a discussion goin' on.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Much appreciated, thank you. I know what you mean about the top cap. I'm pretty good about always keeping my mods right side up, but I have laid this one down (in the name of science!) to see how it handled it. I'd get a little gurgling from the juice leaking down the center, but it cleared up pretty quick. That could easily be solved by making that gasket thingy a bit thicker so that it would seal off the holes when the cap was tight...

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Okay then, on to the review!

I won this tank through a contest here at ECF from Elegomall that was coordinated by @Pheric . I asked if it would be possible to get the rainbow iridescent color, and he made it happen! :D

I have it sitting atop a Sigelei Fuchai 213 at the moment.
Crown III.jpg

I started it out at 80W, bumped it to 90W shortly afterwards. I've been running it for around a week and a half now, and currently have it cranked up to 125W with a 1-second preheat of 150W. So far, never a dry hit or burnt taste at all. Of course, I have the airflow all the way open, and as Acid said, it isn't the airiest tank I've ever used, but it is sufficient for this tank.

I'm still running the 0.25Ω SS coil that came pre-installed. The coil is oriented in vertical fashion and has a 5mm I.D. with the cotton wrapped around the outside of the coil. Also, there is very little fidgeting to change out the coil. Simply unscrew the base and pull out the coil; there is no threading on the coil head. For me, the flavor from this coil has been very good and it has wicked consistently well (even when I let the juice level in the tank drop below the "Min" level line). Vapor production has also been very good, producing thick, dense clouds with 30pg/70vg DIY juice. For you RTA/RDA users, I would rank flavor/vapor/airflow about the same as the older SilverPlay V2 RTA (I still love that li'l tank). It isn't quite up to par with the CoilArt Mage RTA which is still my favorite.

The Crown III does have a 5ml juice capacity, but be warned... that goes QUICKLY! I am finding myself going through about 15-20ml of juice a day with this tank. I typically average between 10-15ml with most of my other set ups.

As for leaking, it has handled being left on its side for short periods with few issues. There can be some cross leakage from the fill holes to the center hole which leads down to the coil. That will cause some gurgling, and I would imagine leakage from the airholes if left in that position for an extended period of time. Other than that, I have had no issues at all. The build quality and design of this tank is very good; all threads are smooth and all seals are tight. Fit and finish is definitely top-notch.

The little bottle opener looking tool is handy. It will fit into the air slots to give you extra leverage for unscrewing the base. Also it is the key that unlocks the top section if you need to replace the glass. If you pull the drip tip, you will see a straight slot with lock and unlock icons. Put the key in the slot and unlock the top. Then just unscrew the top section and take off the glass for cleaning or replacement.

Overall, I would give this tank high marks for anyone in the market for a high wattage tank with factory built replaceable coil heads. Filling the tank is super easy due to the large fill holes underneath the top cap, fit and finish is excellent, and the heavy gauge, large I.D. coil appears to have very good longevity. In 10 days, I have gone through approximately 150-200ml of juice, and flavor/vapor production is still going strong... even with the wattage exceeding the recommended ranges.

This has also been my first experience with Elegomall, and I have not been disappointed! Shipping time was very reasonable, I was given the tracking numbers so that I could follow my package, and everything arrived in perfect condition. Also, @Pheric has kept in contact with me and has been an absolute pleasure to work with. As this was a contest win, I thoroughly appreciate his going above and beyond to make sure that I got the color tank that I hoped for! Thank you, @Pheric !!!

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oops... forgot to tag @liblue1 to come join in the conversation on this tank. :p
Thanks for the tag Kaez.....I will be able to participate as soon as I get a moment....(probably not till Monday)......I have a few things to add....(and some questions..)..

Reactions: Kaezziel

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Thanks for the tag Kaez.....I will be able to participate as soon as I get a moment....(probably not till Monday)......I have a few things to add....(and some questions..)..

Absolutely, hun! I'll be around whenever you have time. :)

Reactions: liblue1

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
If dripping on a high end RDA (narda, o-atty, hadaly) is a 10 flavor wise where would you rank this? Im thinking about including a sub-ohm tank into my daily rotation and I want one that is great on a flavor. Any help would be much appreciated :)

About the closest comparison I could make to an RDA for flavor would be the older style Tobh or Mutation X with the airflow pinched down a bit. About the best flavor RDAs that I have are the Stumpy and the Derringer; I coil both with 3mm ID coils and wick them with rayon. If those were 10s, I'd rank the Crown III at about a 6. For a factory coil, the Crown III has better vapor production, but less flavor than the Vaporesso cCell attys. There's just something about those ceramic coils that really kick out the flavor. If I were to recommend a factory coil sub-ohm tank, it would be one that is compatible with the cCells... I believe the 0.6Ω coils are SS316. Hope that helps. :)

generalono

Mar 2, 2016
About the closest comparison I could make to an RDA for flavor would be the older style Tobh or Mutation X with the airflow pinched down a bit. About the best flavor RDAs that I have are the Stumpy and the Derringer; I coil both with 3mm ID coils and wick them with rayon. If those were 10s, I'd rank the Crown III at about a 6. For a factory coil, the Crown III has better vapor production, but less flavor than the Vaporesso cCell attys. There's just something about those ceramic coils that really kick out the flavor. If I were to recommend a factory coil sub-ohm tank, it would be one that is compatible with the cCells... I believe the 0.6Ω coils are SS316. Hope that helps. :)
Any idea of what the most modern sub ohm tank is that you could put ccell coils in? I was originaly devating between uwell 3 and tobecco super tank but if the ccell coils are really that good for flavor i might as well get a different tank that accomodates them.

Reactions: Kaezziel

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Any idea of what the most modern sub ohm tank is that you could put ccell coils in? I was originaly devating between uwell 3 and tobecco super tank but if the ccell coils are really that good for flavor i might as well get a different tank that accomodates them.

I'm still using the Vaporesso tank that came with the original Target mod/kit. But if I remember right, the Melo tanks will use cCells... and so will the Tobecco Super Tank. I'm not entirely sure of what all other tanks are compatible, though.

If @liblue1 ever comes back around, she probably knows more than I do about compatible tanks. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread