Uwell Crown - Pulling My Hair Out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty007

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
United Kingdom
Okay,

So I recently brought a Uwell Crown and I must say that when I first used it, I thought 'Wow, what a amazing tank this is'. Great flavour, draw, everything.

Well... that lasted about a day.

Suddenly it just started leaking from the airflow hole. It would mostly leak when slightly tilted, but dumped juice regardless, even when standing up!. Then the dry hits also started. I must confess that these were largely relieved by loosening the top cap, but quickly came back. How anyone gets 4 weeks out of one coil I will never know. I have used 4 now and they last about 3 days max. And yes, before you ask, I prime them properly.

So. I read a few threads and tried something simple. I treated it like a Kayfun and closed the airflow, filled from the top, slightly screwing the top cap on and then turning upside down and tightening the top cap. This worked well....but again, for a day or two. Then back to leak and dry hit city.

So then I changed all the o-rings, still nothing. Sometimes it will not leak at all and then suddenly dump juice. And at the moment it will give me a dry hit or two then work fine for a bit, and then another dry hit and leaking.

I do seem to notice that loosening the top cap does alleviate the dry hits, but like I said, it's short term. I also notice condensation build up on the inside of the tank.

If anybody can help me with this I would really appreciate it. It's a fantastic tank when it cooperates and I would like to it work properly. Aside from being a complete pain in the ... for it to suddenly get my mod all soaked in e-juice, it is also wasting my money by dumping my beloved Glazed Doughnuts juice everywhere. And the inconsistent dry hits are also a real pain.

Please help. Thanks :)

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Something has to be defective on your tank I've had mine since December last year and I'm on my third coil and I haven't lost a drop of juice to leakage. I'm sorry for your loss and you might want to buy a new tank because it really is a great tank, taste, airflow, everything about it.

matty007

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
United Kingdom
Something has to be defective on your tank I've had mine since December last year and I'm on my third coil and I haven't lost a drop of juice to leakage. I'm sorry for your loss and you might want to buy a new tank because it really is a great tank, taste, airflow, everything about it.

I get why you'd think that, but what could be defective?. I have replaced all the o-rings, and all the coils I have used have been from different vendors so I'd have to be the most unlucky man in the world for them to all be dud.

There are no cracks in the tank and everything looks in order so I am completely bemused as to what the problem could be. I have used many tanks over my four years of vaping and have never encountered a problem like this one. Sure, I've used sensitive Kayfuns that have to be wicked perfectly to not leak, but I have never come across a tank that leaks for no apparent reason like this one.

I'm pretty sure it's an air vacuum problem as unscrewing the top cap slightly does work and you can see bubbles but I'm at a miss as to how to solve it or what's even causing it.

I don't really want to by another tank for it to happen again. It's a crying shame because when it works it works great. If I could get the very flavourful hit I get off it after unscrewing the top cap slightly all the time I would be very happy as that's obviously what this tank can do - but for some odd reason it's not doing it most of the time.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I hear ya, I just figured since I have no problems with mine that yours must be defective. I don't do anything special with mine and the only time I've had some issue is condensation and some liquid coming out the air slots but even that is very rare. My only guess would be you got a bad batch of coils. The cotton must be too loose and letting liquid just seep thru.

matty007

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
United Kingdom
So after much scouring on the internet, I have come to the conclusion that this is defiantly being caused by an airlock/vacuum problem.

I came across a post from the internet that said to unscrew the glass tube slightly while it's all together with juice. Upon doing this I had many bubbles rise and was met with rich, flavourful vapour. But it simply does not last and after a few pulls, goes back to it's usual dry hits and leaking.

This has nothing to do with coils as it would not be alleviated (albeit temporarily) by fiddling with the top cap/glass tube. A dud coil is just that, dud. If it was dud it wouldn't give out the amazing vapour it does give out when the airlock is alleviated.

This is an airlock and vacuum problem, plain and simple. But actually getting someone to tell me how to fix it permanently rather than for a few puffs is proving difficult

matty007

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
United Kingdom
So I'm very happy to announce that I have fixed the problem. I was right to an extent it was a vacuum problem, but alas it did also turn out to be a coil problem.

I read some things on the internet and decided that I would use a new coil. But this time, I pricked holes into the cotton with a safety pin. Two in each port and two at the top. Put in the new coil and it seemed to not leak anymore. I could leave it on it's side etc and it would be leak free.

The hit's however were still patchy at best and there was no bubbles rising. So then I unscrewed the glass tube slightly while it was still assembled with juice and was met with many rising bubbles. It is now hitting flawlessly every time and I have bubbles rising after every draw.

I am now very pleased with this tank. It performs amazingly and is very flavoursome. Hopefully this thread will help those that were suffering like me. These coils can obviously suffer from overtight cotton in the coils that can be relieved through pricking, and can also suffer from airlock/vacumm problems due to the glass tube.

Reactions: puffon

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
So I'm very happy to announce that I have fixed the problem. I was right to an extent it was a vacuum problem, but alas it did also turn out to be a coil problem.

I read some things on the internet and decided that I would use a new coil. But this time, I pricked holes into the cotton with a safety pin. Two in each port and two at the top. Put in the new coil and it seemed to not leak anymore. I could leave it on it's side etc and it would be leak free.

The hit's however were still patchy at best and there was no bubbles rising. So then I unscrewed the glass tube slightly while it was still assembled with juice and was met with many rising bubbles. It is now hitting flawlessly every time and I have bubbles rising after every draw.

I am now very pleased with this tank. It performs amazingly and is very flavoursome. Hopefully this thread will help those that were suffering like me. These coils can obviously suffer from overtight cotton in the coils that can be relieved through pricking, and can also suffer from airlock/vacumm problems due to the glass tube.
Are you using the original crown or the crown 2? The reason I ask is because I've heard of that for the 2 but not the original.

matty007

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
United Kingdom
So after appearing to fix this problem, it's back to its old tricks. It's either dry hitting or flooding.

It was working like a dream the last 2 days but I just filled it last night and was met with the same problems out of nowhere again. If I unscrew the glass tube slightly it dry hits and is airy. If I tighten it, it has great flavour for a few draws but then floods. I'm not doing anything different than to when I fixed it before but it's not cooperating.

I'm done with this tank. The last 2 days it's been the best tank I've ever used but it's too temperamental and it's wasting my money on juice and is really annoying me.

I've given up. Think I will move to the Geekvape Griffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread