Uwell Crown RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icemanxxxv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2012
KC MO
I have 3 uwell Crown tanks with the rba installed in two of them. Haven't put the third one in yet but here is what is going on with the two I have installed. They don't make connection with the 510 pin. The 510 is pushed in all the way flush with the bottom of the connector. It sits as deep as can be in the base deck. With the RBA installed I have no continuity between the RBA and the 510 pin. What I have done is removed the nut from the bottom of the rba and place a piece of 28GA withe on the insulator and reinstalled the nut. Walla I have continuity. Anyone else experiencing this?

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Wow, that is depressing. I really love this tank and I had planned to buy much more of them. So where did everybody buy their RBAs at? Without a RBA option, I might not be interested in anymore of these tanks. Although I have to admit their stock coils does last long.

In the US I only found Sweet-vapes and Uwell USA carries the RBA. From China, 3avape says they have some on order, Gearbest has them (I have one ordered from them) and Fasttech has them super cheap. Strangely no youtube reviewer mentioned that their RBA didn't make connection.

cyber_ecco

Verified Member
Nov 19, 2015
I have 3 Crown RBA's and never had that problem. Sometimes with the amount of clone stuff floating around I wonder if some shops buy from FT to sell and thats why there are some problems. I was at a local vape shop and I found out he gets his crown tank supply from FT. Said he orders only authentic ones...so it kind of got me wondering who else does that.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I don't have a RBA yet, but I just had taken my base apart to get a better look at it. And I can get the base 510 pin to slide up and down within the insulator. And I could imagine that some mods, the 510 pin isn't high enough to push the base 510 pin up enough to meet with the RBA. I dunno, but I am going to check for this when I get mine.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Oh man! It kinda bugged me that I could never unscrew my tank apart to remove the glass. And today, I decided I am going to finally get it apart. I grabbed one of those rubber belts for removing jar caps and my tank and went into my shop.

Placed the tank in the rubber belt and locked them in my vise. Taken my needle nose pliers and placed them in the fill holes and twisted. The whole tank turned. Cranked the vise even tighter, the tank still turned. Tighter with the vise again and I am sure the glass was close to breaking or the tank is close to warping.

Tried twisting with the pliers again and OMG is that tight. It felt like someone used Loctite on the threads. Gosh... who in the factory screwed this thing together? If it were any tighter the threads would have stripped. Well I got it unscrewed. I examined it for any damage and not a mark on it. Cleaned it and put everything back together and all is well again.

I remember reading somewhere that somebody was afraid of screwing the tank together too tight that the glass would break. Well let me tell you, that will never happen. This thing was screwed as far as you could go and this glass never broke.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I have 3 Crown RBA's and never had that problem. Sometimes with the amount of clone stuff floating around I wonder if some shops buy from FT to sell and thats why there are some problems. I was at a local vape shop and I found out he gets his crown tank supply from FT. Said he orders only authentic ones...so it kind of got me wondering who else does that.

Yeah I don't know? They say if FT says authentic it is and if it says anything else it isn't. I've been tempted to order something from FT that I couldn't find anywhere else. But I never did yet.

cyber_ecco

Verified Member
Nov 19, 2015
Yeah I don't know? They say if FT says authentic it is and if it says anything else it isn't. I've been tempted to order something from FT that I couldn't find anywhere else. But I never did yet.

I have ordered a few authentic Wotofo RDA's from FT and they are real from what I can see. IDK...its kind of a crap shoot if you ask me. I read online as well and there is just so much variance in people's opinion. I don't think I would order again though. Saved some $$ but god it took over a month to arrive. Most of the time to save $10-$20 its not worth for me to wait that long. I will just buy online from a reputable US vendor and get my stuff quick and with peace of mind.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I don't have a RBA yet, but I just had taken my base apart to get a better look at it. And I can get the base 510 pin to slide up and down within the insulator. And I could imagine that some mods, the 510 pin isn't high enough to push the base 510 pin up enough to meet with the RBA. I dunno, but I am going to check for this when I get mine.

Well I got tired of waiting for my RBA from Gearbest (I am guessing that will be here this week), so I ordered one from Sweet-vapes and one from VapeSuperSaver. I got both of those now. I screwed them in on one of my RX200 and they both read the pre-installed coil just fine. I am guessing if your mod 510 pin isn't high enough, it isn't going to push up on the Crown pin to make contact.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Yes the third RBA did arrive later that week. And those of you that had your RBA read open happen to be using those cheap ohm meters? I just tried one of my Crown RBAs with a 0.29 ohm SS316L coil in it in my Eleaf ohm meter. I often don't use it because it reads everything higher than what it really is. But guess what? It said it was open. And yet it reads 0.29 ohm in all of my mods and works great. I even pulled out my cheap multimeter and it reads there too.

Icemanxxxv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2012
KC MO
Yes the third RBA did arrive later that week. And those of you that had your RBA read open happen to be using those cheap ohm meters? I just tried one of my Crown RBAs with a 0.29 ohm SS316L coil in it in my Eleaf ohm meter. I often don't use it because it reads everything higher than what it really is. But guess what? It said it was open. And yet it reads 0.29 ohm in all of my mods and works great. I even pulled out my cheap multimeter and it reads there too.
Mine were reading open on my dna40 device and would not fire on a mechanical mod either. The rba was to short to make contact with the center pin on the base. I had to use a wrap of kanthal between the contact and the rba base. All three of them were like that. No matter what base or rba combination.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread