Uwell Crown v1 - Coil black after 2 week but was tasting fine! Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzzzz

Sep 2, 2016
Hey All,

I just spent 2 weeks on a .5 dual SS coil at around 40-50W.

I was watching the cotton near the juice holes for discolouration, but they never turned (I have since read they are separate cotton to that touching the coil).

Anyway, i pulled out the coil to see the colour and it was black! Still tasted fine though... so I'm super confused.

I have been reading that the Crown coils last ages, and other places that they burn quick.

I honestly didnt taste anything burnt, and others taking a hit were always loving the taste.

Anyone else have this experience? Should I definitely change the coil when it goes dark, even if the flavour is still good?

RayRay69

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2015
I recently changed from Uwell products after about a year and a half because I couldn't take th coils anymore. After one tank of juice they would Black and I would also see some of the burnt cotton coming out through the coil hole. And my coils would only last me 1-2 days max. It was getting very frustrating. If you look on this forum you will see a number of people having same issues.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
I'm terrible with changing coils. I suffer for way too long before I change them. I usually force myself to change it no matter what after 2.5 weeks for a sub-ohm tank. With my nautilus, I can usually go 3 weeks with a tobacco juice before I notice any change. I don't mind the color unless it is leaking into the juice tank from the coil. So if it is working for you, just go with it! :)

Ozzzzz

Sep 2, 2016
Thanks for replies all.

I was vaping a variety of juices, apple crumble, strawberry cheesecake, dragon blood, strawberries and cream. I can believe that the black was just the burnt sugar in these liquids.

I didnt see any colour change in the clear liquid I was using, which I have seen when needing a coil change in the Melo 3 tank, and the taste was still good... maybe these coils are just magical.

I guess I will change them every few weeks as liskrig says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread