Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I think Kanger will come back with a supersized coil/top fill on their next models. For now they are making tons of money from their subox kits, taking that Crowd who are stepping off their EVOD's.

A new design and top fill I can see but I can never see Kanger going for supersized coils or anything like that, maybe a dual vertical at most..

Reactions: sd3614

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Never.

I got some insane vapor & flavor off my Kanger Geni tank on 1.2 ohm at 15 watts. Something to be said for that, it seems so long ago but it was like April/May.
The flavour on these is great, this all started when I grabbed my old Nautilus with a new BVC, it was so relaxing and satisfying and the flavor was very good, so I went in search of something similar and a close friend pointed out the Kabuki.. I think I'm going full circle, these sub ohm tanks are great but I feel I just need to cut down and step back. Ahh, we will see, as long as I'm not smoking, that's all that matters.

Sorry for the off topic, your Crown activities can now continue

Reactions: sd3614

v1ks_

Has a pretty generic custom title
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
Same, I followed your post and the first hit, gurgling and the tank with the 0.25ohm coil at 70w, the tank was red hot. Already sold it on, just not meant to be.

I read through all 15 pages of this thread, since I just ordered a Crown along with some Ni200 coils. Damn, quite the suspense you built... Refusing to get one, caving in and getting one, sending it back, waiting for replacement... to no avail. :(
Sorry to hear man. Really am.

Was a good read though. :)

Reactions: StrahmNoMore

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
NI coils are Great for me been runnig on the IPV D2, IPV4S, and the Snow Wolf, They last me about 3-4 weeks with super gunking Boba's. The Crown I recieved had one NI coil with it along with the other two. Also added a extra pack of Ni and the rebildable to the order. It looks really nice but have not got around to trying yet because I can't kill the first nickel coil yet. I have to say out of all I own this is my favorite. Here is how I would rate them
1. Uwell Crown
2. Freemax Starr
3. Herakles
4.TFV4 (biggest cloud) but don't care for flavor or small leaking issues. and the price of replacement coils.
5.PSO Saucecode ( I dont like there coils, I use either the Starr or herkales coils)
6.Arctic ( taste seems slightly muted on both Kathal and Ni coils)

v1ks_

Has a pretty generic custom title
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
@Clark Kent

Good to know!
I ordered just the Crown + set of four Ni200 coils. Eventually will be getting the RBA too. I was really torn between getting Zephyrus and Goliath V2. really liked the Goliath V2, but it's price set me off a little. First mod, first tank, etc... wanted to spend as little as possible, just in case I'll end up not liking it. If I will like it, I already know that I'll be getting either Goliath V2 as my next tank, or the Cthulhu V2 that is on pre-order.

I second cjpeltz's question. What temps do you find are the best for the Ni coils on your D2?

Cheers!

Reactions: Clark Kent

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
Um, yes, there were a couple and they did compare the two. I believe most preferred the Crown. Check the beginning of the thread, like the first five pages or so... IIRC, it was in the beginning.
Alternatively, I guess you could wait for them to post again. :)
Many thanks.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

3rdEarth

Aug 12, 2015
I've been having a read about the Uwell crown coils and it seems they are made of stainless steel.

When vaporizing stainless steel do you guys think it will reach temperatures where it may be able to form Chromium VI (hexavalent chromium) which is basically the stainless steel being oxidized? I tried to look up some information as to what temperatures vaporizers usually work at but have not found any relevant information so I am unsure as to whether or not this form of oxidized chromium is formed as a result of the heated coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread