Uwell Crown

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovemytank

Jun 9, 2015
Right Here
So, I am about to change another crown coil after just a week. I look at the freemax and its supposed 20+ day coils and think hmmmm. That would be much more economical yet the top fill and the performance of my crown is by far the best attributes I have enjoyed to date by far! Yes, I will get a starre pro as soon as I can order in the US and hopefully will yet again be amazed.

MikeB2Shady

Jan 29, 2015
NyC
I'll stick with the OG Starre...I've got 3 of them lol If I want nickel heads then I'll just use Atlantis or the cheaper vAIR-T. I may pick up a Crown at some point but I don't think I'll be picking up the Starre Pro. I've noticed in the screen shots that the wicking holes are way up in the tank and not deep down in the base like the regular Starre. This is reminiscent of the Kanger Mini, where you'd have to refill at around 3ml because the juice would fall below those wicks and you'd get dry hits on the premade coils. Why Freemax did this?...I have no idea :unsure:

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
So, I am about to change another crown coil after just a week. I look at the freemax and its supposed 20+ day coils and think hmmmm. That would be much more economical yet the top fill and the performance of my crown is by far the best attributes I have enjoyed to date by far! Yes, I will get a starre pro as soon as I can order in the US and hopefully will yet again be amazed.

I'm on my 1st Starre coil and at day 10 and many many many tanks full @ 65-70 I'm starting to get more dry hits, can't use the power I once did (down to 55w). It still reads 0.3 ohm on my Sig but my assumption is that its slowly reaching the end. It's not gone, just getting there.

Reactions: Jski711

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I'm on my 1st Starre coil and at day 10 and many many many tanks full @ 65-70 I'm starting to get more dry hits, can't use the power I once did (down to 55w). It still reads 0.3 ohm on my Sig but my assumption is that its slowly reaching the end. It's not gone, just getting there.

I've been taking to actually counting the tank-fulls. I think that is the best way to gauge the life since most of us aren't only using one piece of vape gear all day. I got 13 tanks (at 4.75 mL each) out of my first Crown coil. But honestly, it's not a month and it's not being able to get 50 tank fulls, but those 13 were absolutely great. I don't push a coil past its life, so it may have had more left in it. Since I have two running now and I don't vape on them but 1/4 of the time I vape, I am expecting to now get at least ~3 weeks before I have to change the coils. I do love this tank though and the coils have been consistent. No other tank I've bought had consistent heads like this one. Still don't have a Starre though, mainly becasue I can't stand the look of that airflow ring. I know it's silly, but I'd have to look at it. Hopefully the new one will be out soon.

I just love vaping. Drippers, RTAs, RBAs, gennys or whatever! Vape on!!!

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
It will be hard for the Crown to impress me past the starre/maganus. Even the Artic which should be a contender is to those tanks I get frustrated filling. If the Crown does eat the coils to quick at 4 pack refills at more than the cost of 5 packs of others that will be the downfall even if top fill kicks booty. Such an opportunity to offer a 4 pack @ 9.99 MSRP USA which is darn fair and would keep people away from Fasttech.

We shall see, I don't even have it yet. To the person who said the Starre Pro will have issues because the juice holes are so high, I think you are right.

Why can't manufactures just realize these basic things lol. Oh but they do, that will be version 2.

Jonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Pennsylvania
I think both Crown and Starre coils vary wildly from coil to coil. I have had at least 1 of each (Crown and Starre) last 10 + tanks without much flavor or vapor drop off, while on the other hand, I'm barely getting 3 tanks out of the current Starre coil I am using. So I think they're both pretty inconsistent from coil to coil, but when they are "ON," they are amazing, and the good definitely outweighs the bad.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I am getting lets say 8 days average on 4 crown coils now with at least 3-4 tanks per day. You all are bumming me out, I was hoping the starre pro was the answer. I am getting the crown coils for $2.50 each which is just OK with me. Thanks again for all the great research info! Mr.Mann have you checked out the Silo Beast?

I am interested in the Silo, but too much dinero for a clearomizer! (For me)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I have heard of some issues, perhaps we will be waiting for V2s all around.

This is why I am happy enough with my Crown. If you can not push it too hard with successive hits, it'll do you right. I think we are still half year away from anything really game changing. Right now it's mostly all the same with some pluses or minuses between them all. Nothing REALLY amazing to stand out from the pack. Now, I am not saying some of these tanks aren't great, but the bar is still kinda low in my opinion -- though extremely high compared to where it used to be. 2013-14 clearomizers? LOL. What will 2016 bring?

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Wow, I cant tell Mike about the coils. Is this true? Rixtsa, point to me???
Sorry for the late reply, truthfully I never even noticed this, looking further, it also looks like the coil juice holes are higher up but I doubt they are. May just be the picture and whats all that exposed threading about ??? Can't say for sure until I get mine but we'll spotted Mike, even if it is, it's top fill so easy enough to fill up before it drops below the juice holes. I doubt its 3ml either, in saying this.... really hope this isn't the case.

Last edited:

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Τhanks. Freemax told me in an email it will be out next month.
My pre order says end of June..it would be great if it drank less juice..That's the main downfall of the starre, wow does it go through juice, to my knowledge the crown isn't as thirsty.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Got the Crown today. Initially I got super excited because the Starre coils fit! The tank had a floating pin to accommodate and the base fit flush on the Sig with its own floating pin to accommodate........ahhhh BUT the coil was too tall for it to all screw together. So close to heaven. On with the notes using a .25 DVC coil.

A. Juice holes are smaller than Starre/Maganus, less cotton shorter coil *BUT* the juice holes are buried very low in the tank which *MAY* be a benefit over the Starre Pro if theirs is higher.
B. Air flow about equal to the Arctic, but not as good as the Starre/Maganus. This is just my opinion, but pretty sure I'm right :)
C. Cloud production 100% on par with the same juice/wattage in the Starre apples to apples 70/30 juice.
D. Flavor probably better than the Arctic same juice/wattage apples to apples 70/30 juice.
E. Top filling, well my this is my 1st time and it was pretty cool. No info on leaking as this is all too new.
F. .25 coil reading .3 to .2 depending on wattage in the Sigelei 150
G. Build quality, heavy, very well made like a Kanger/Arctic
H. Tank design is solid and IF it fell over the glass is semi protected by a protruding ring on top side and I really like this feature.
I. Air temperature at very high wattage (70-90) feels barely warm. I am shocked at how not warm it is. Now @ 120, it jumps to hot.
J. Coil heat up time takes longer than Starre/Maganus/Artic @70-80 meaning you don't get that instant on feeling, but we are talking a micro second.
K. I want to point out the top of the tank and refill itself was a breeze and the tip of my glass dropper fit perfect in the slot. The chimney sets high enough above the filling slots that a little sloppy filling will not get in the chimney. Also 0 juice squeezed out as I tightened the top or bottom seals (I get this sometimes on my Maganus).
H. Power is REALLY needed IMO i.e. at least 80-90 watts to really get this tank to sing.[/B] So this may mean a less efficient coil and will mean increased ejuice consumption.

This tank in the photo was full 10 minutes ago. I took it quickly to 120 watts very, but I had to test the claim and it did it with no dry hits.

My thought on the top fill is I may not want to fill this tank sitting on my Sig so I will probably un-screw it off to fill. I just see me knocking over the box with the top off the tank and making a mess or juice dripping down and getting in my box/silicone sleeve and then needing to wipe it down. Just a me thing, but of course I will try just to see how that goes.

**FINAL THOUGHTS** Like Jerry Springer, if it was a blind fold test @ 70 watts I don't think I could tell a huge difference between this and the Arctic. Maybe, perhaps the non Crown tanks may even produce more vaping at low wattage (60-70). If you handed me my Maganus blind folded I could only notice that the air flow would be more, flavor slightly more muted in this 60-70 watt range.

One thing this tank made me appreciate was when I went to unscrew it off my Sig was my good ole Maganus locking airflow ring. The Crown ring just spins so it was a little more effort to reach grab its lowest point and get it to turn the base only to dismount. Though I guess that is NOT a major issue because you don't need to do that as much with top fill!

I'd say this is a great start to a tank line, I look forward to more testing. Also I want to mention it came with 3 coils and a spare glass. You need to have serious power on the .25 coil and I have not tested anything else. The .25 DVC coil...my God it needs power, I think of that Star Wars scene with the emperor screaming "unlimited power". A Sig 100 may not really get this coil going. Absolutely no hype on power handling and after a few more hours of use & I am shocked how cool and flavorful a 70-90 watt vape is on this thing! << This is what people are going to talk about.

WP_20150626_18_26_43_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread