Uwell Crown

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
Not to go off topic to much but I know you like trying tanks, I just got the Apex tank and wow, the flavor on this hands down beats the Crown tank and that is saying something, soooo good !

Where did you get this Apex? Who is the vendor? Website please! I must buy as it is "Rixsta-approved".

:)

lovemytank

Jun 9, 2015
Right Here
I have been scooping up lots of Crown coils on sale yeah!! Unfortunately I have found several of my "authentic" coils from very reputable sites are lacking in air flow. I installed that same as always but the draw is diminished at least 20%. Any thoughts? Did crown change the coils like the did with the tanks without indicating a V2?

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
They changed the airflow and drip tip but only slightly. If you didn't have the two units side by side I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference.

I'm not sure anything really changed. I have launch day unit and a 1 week old black one and I can't see a lick of difference between them. Janet at Uwell even told me nothing changed other than color when the V2 subject came up a ways back. I guess someone could have shaved 1/2 mil around an inner edge and technically its a V2 but I can't tell a vape difference.

I have been scooping up lots of Crown coils on sale yeah!! Unfortunately I have found several of my "authentic" coils from very reputable sites are lacking in air flow. I installed that same as always but the draw is diminished at least 20%. Any thoughts? Did crown change the coils like the did with the tanks without indicating a V2?

Have not had this experience, I also snatched up some cheap ones but "so far" all I could tell was black rubber instead of white on the insulator (even .25). Fingers crossed.

It would make sense once it gets popular to change cotton to a cheaper grade, stainless to cheaper grade but hopefully they won't look the gift horse of success in the mouth and be that shifty. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Night_mirror

Night_mirror

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2015
Richmond, VA
I can see the differences in mine, the one I got in May and the one I got in the mail on Friday, although the difference is neglible and I had to ask my girlfriend if she noticed it too but I agree it does not make a difference in vape as far as I can tell.
I could be wrong though, maybe I'm crazy.

Last edited:

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
I can see the differences in mine, the one I got in May and the one I got in the mail on Friday, although the difference is negligible and I had to ask my girlfriend if she noticed it too but I agree it does not make a difference in vape as far as I can tell.
I could be wrong though, maybe I'm crazy.

I have a couple of identical setups, next time I replace coils I will make sure to dig out an old white one and a new black and try to pay more attention. Hard to resist at these prices though :)

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Where did you get this Apex? Who is the vendor? Website please! I must buy as it is "Rixsta-approved".

It was off Ebay, don't usually buy off there but he was a trusted seller and worked out fine. The flavor seems to have dipped slightly and now it's on par with the Crown, not a bad thing but it' just not as good as it was, maybe the coils don't last as long...Not sure.. Love the tank though, no leaks and the airflow works really well and it's the easiest top fill I have ever used.

Gothicmace59

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Henry County Georgia
I have never poked my crown in the coils, but I notice when I get to about half a tank I get little bubbles full of vapor. Kinda funny when they pop. I keep hearing the song smoke on the water in my mind...
I would never poke my crown in the coils either...just doesn't sound right ......:w00t:

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
It was off Ebay, don't usually buy off there but he was a trusted seller and worked out fine. The flavor seems to have dipped slightly and now it's on par with the Crown, not a bad thing but it' just not as good as it was, maybe the coils don't last as long...Not sure.. Love the tank though, no leaks and the airflow works really well and it's the easiest top fill I have ever used.
Seems like a similar design to the Sense Cyclone. Have you tried that one yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Gothicmace59

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Henry County Georgia
Ok so here is my stupid old guy question...I really Like the reviews on the uwell crown.... I don't have any temp control mods. .. I have a cool fire IV and an MVP 3.0 pro...that I use for everything from my tootlepuffer to my RDAs. ..so does uwell have coils that are non TC ??? Also mainly vape 70vg30pg blends at 3 mg nic...so which ohm would be best for flavor ???? Thanks for the help
Happy Vaping
Cheers
Mace.

Reactions: MikeyConti

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
Yes. And most of us are using the non TC coils. I have been comparing the Ni coil on a DNA200 with the . 25 coil on a D2. While the Ni gives a more consistent vape with absolutely no dry hits, it seems to cut off too soon when TC hits. The clouds aren't as big and the vape doesn't seem as satisfying to me. The SS does gunk up faster with the SS..going through coils faster than I thought I would. As long as you have a mod that can put out 70w you should be fine. Or even 40w may be ok if using the . 5.

Reactions: Gothicmace59

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
Also note the Crown comes with all three coils - the . 25, . 5, and the Ni. So you can try them to see what suits your tastes. Just get it... You won't be disappointed. And if your mod isn't strong enough it gives you a great reason to buy another. :)

arh32

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
Destin FL
Did they change the coils for more airflow?
Yes. And most of us are using the non TC coils. I have been comparing the Ni coil on a DNA200 with the . 25 coil on a D2. While the Ni gives a more consistent vape with absolutely no dry hits, it seems to cut off too soon when TC hits. The clouds aren't as big and the vape doesn't seem as satisfying to me. The SS does gunk up faster with the SS..going through coils faster than I thought I would. As long as you have a mod that can put out 70w you should be fine. Or even 40w may be ok if using the . 5.

What do you mean it cuts off? The vape dies down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread