Not open for further replies.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
which vendor?
I'd rather not throw them under the bus too much until I'm sure they won't make things right. I just emailed them again today about it (the last time I emailed them was 10 days ago), so if I don't hear back from them by tomorrow, I'll gladly throw them under said bus.

Night_mirror

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2015
Richmond, VA
I'd rather not throw them under the bus too much until I'm sure they won't make things right. I just emailed them again today about it (the last time I emailed them was 10 days ago), so if I don't hear back from them by tomorrow, I'll gladly throw them under said bus.
I understand that. I think that these forums and the vaping community in general is very useful in weeding out the bad vendors and promoting the good ones so to me it's important to talk about our experiences...speaking of which I had an excellent experience with My Vapor Store's CV yesterday and the way that they handled my warranty on a Sigelei that I bought two months ago was impressive.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Ok so here is my stupid old guy question...I really Like the reviews on the uwell crown.... I don't have any temp control mods. .. I have a cool fire IV and an MVP 3.0 pro...that I use for everything from my tootlepuffer to my RDAs. ..so does uwell have coils that are non TC ??? Also mainly vape 70vg30pg blends at 3 mg nic...so which ohm would be best for flavor ???? Thanks for the help
Happy Vaping
Cheers
Mace.
Yes, you can vape it on Both of those devices(I'm pretty sure the CF4 fires down to .3ohm) with the SS Coils. I would use the .5ohm coil for wattage around 30-40W(Which I use with the airflow cut down) I vape it with the .5ohm coil at 30W a lot with the airflow cut almost all the way down and get great flavor! When I want even more Flavor then I open the airflow all the way and crank the watts up high!

boomhower1820

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
NC
Does the crown well for "mouth to lung"? I put it in quotes because I'm not a tight draw guy. For reference I tend to use my Subtank Mini on the intermediate two hole setting with the 1.2ohm coil. It is kinda a halfway point of mouth to lung and full lung vaping. I hope that makes sense. I do enjoy the .5ohm wide open air flow as well but that is reserved for home. I usually vape 15-20watts as I prefer a cool vape with my mint/menthol juices. Will the crown with 1.2 coils perform well in this type of application? With the nature of my work I spend most of the day driving and blowing massive clouds in a city owned vehicle isn't going to fly, not to mention you can't see. Decent clouds I want, subtank gives that well. But the rip trips style of fill your room up clouds is not what I am looking for.

The newer batches of vertical OCC coils from Kanger have not been performing well for me at all so am looking for a new tank.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Does the crown well for "mouth to lung"? I put it in quotes because I'm not a tight draw guy. For reference I tend to use my Subtank Mini on the intermediate two hole setting with the 1.2ohm coil. It is kinda a halfway point of mouth to lung and full lung vaping. I hope that makes sense. I do enjoy the .5ohm wide open air flow as well but that is reserved for home. I usually vape 15-20watts as I prefer a cool vape with my mint/menthol juices. Will the crown with 1.2 coils perform well in this type of application? With the nature of my work I spend most of the day driving and blowing massive clouds in a city owned vehicle isn't going to fly, not to mention you can't see. Decent clouds I want, subtank gives that well. But the rip trips style of fill your room up clouds is not what I am looking for.

The newer batches of vertical OCC coils from Kanger have not been performing well for me at all so am looking for a new tank.

Just got mine today, and I am MTL hitting it no problems, I am the same, I don't like a really tight draw even though I MTL, and I also use the kanger subtank to MTL too, so think you would be fine with the crown, oh and will say, the crown is on another level to the kanger subtank, I get good flavor from the kanger subtank, but it is quite a bit better with the crown ;)

Reactions: MikeyConti

boomhower1820

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 7, 2013
    NC
    Just got mine today, and I am MTL hitting it no problems, I am the same, I don't like a really tight draw even though I MTL, and I also use the kanger subtank to MTL too, so think you would be fine with the crown, oh and will say, the crown is on another level to the kanger subtank, I get good flavor from the kanger subtank, but it is quite a bit better with the crown ;)

What coils are you using? sounds like exactly what I want given your experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    What coils are you using? sounds like exactly what I want given your experience.

I use the RBA head on my subtanks, and that is what I have started with on the crown too, plan to try out the premade coils at some point, but wanted to compare the RBA head to the kanger subtanks RBA head.

boomhower1820

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 7, 2013
    NC
    I use the RBA head on my subtanks, and that is what I have started with on the crown too, plan to try out the premade coils at some point, but wanted to compare the RBA head to the kanger subtanks RBA head.

Fair enough. Anyone have any experience with the 1.2 coils?

Ant G

Sep 21, 2015
    UK
    Okay... daft as it may sound, having had this tank for a couple of weeks I've only had the chance to try it out in the last couple of days.

Plus points:

Great packaging - does a good job of creating a good first impression. First impressions are important.

Great build quality - I'm not one that's easily impressed but I soon found myself making strange 'ooh' and 'ah' noises when inspecting the build. Lovely threads, good quartz glass. What really impressed me though was the slightly raised air-flow ring, complete with that brilliant subtly textured finish that gives good grip. Very nice. It fills from the top. It fills from the bottom. All good.

Performance - I've been using the Ni200 coil with my Sig 150 TC. I took my time and made damn sure to prime it properly, soaking the cotton well and then leaving for a couple of hours in the filled tank. Gently broke it in, gradually cranking up the power. I reckon it took around 3/4 of a tank before this fella started showing its true colours. I'm blown away. It's magnificent! Amazing flavour, great vapour. I'd read so many great things about this tank , I'd reached the conclusion they couldn't all be wrong! Wow.

Negative points - nothing I can think of.

I'm so happy with it, so much so that I've just ordered a couple more, which will give me two black and two silver. Also ordered a load of Ni200 coils. This is my new standard and I already know it'll take a helluva lot of beating. Very happy and I recommend this tank without the slightest hesitation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread