Status
Not open for further replies.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
I have tested .15 Ni @ 110 w @ 700F without a dry hit (with the 150 preheat punch).

It's warm, but not as warm as a .25 without TC @ 110 straight.
I'm guessing you got the h-ohm wrecker. How's that box perform? How often you running the crown Ni heads at 700? How long they last at that temp?

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
I'm guessing you got the h-ohm wrecker. How's that box perform? How often you running the crown Ni heads at 700? How long they last at that temp?

2.5 weeks or so thus far, still on coil #1 :) 680F @ 105 is where I have landed as a good spot.

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
Trying the ni for the first time today. If feels like the power cuts back with this coil? Not sure how I like it at this point.
I had the same issue. Then bumped the temp up to 560 and I got a much more satisfying vape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: arh32

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
2 weeks or so thus far, still on coil #1 :) 680F @ 105 is where I have landed as a good spot.
So far all the juices I like make my crown coils sh*t the bed in two three days tops. You can scrape the tar off the coil with a micro screwdriver. And I'm not running hi temps and/or wattage. I just got milk man by OHW and that hasn't gunked up any of my Ti builds yet in the crown rba. I have some Ni heads comin in so we'll see how they hold up.

chief63

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Oklahoma, United States
So far all the juices I like make my crown coils sh*t the bed in two three days tops. You can scrape the tar off the coil with a micro screwdriver. And I'm not running hi temps and/or wattage. I just got milk man by OHW and that hasn't gunked up any of my Ti builds yet in the crown rba. I have some Ni heads comin in so we'll see how they hold up.

For me, the Ni crown coils held up better than the SS but I don't get the crazy life others are reporting. Maybe a dozen refills before the flavor drops enough that I feel the need to replace them, less with SS. Thats on par with some other stock coils I've used. I could probably push them a little further but bleh. Vaping style I guess; not an extreme high watt guy, but chain vape. My juices are DIY, not over flavored or added sweeteners.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Do you guys get any bubbling noise, and slight leak to the base of the crown when vaping? I'm unsure if my crown is faulty or its me who's been making the fault. Still trying to understand this. Any advice would be useful.
I get a slight bubbling noise after a sloppy refill sometimes but it goes away when it vapes off.
Leaking at the afc ring area is more of a light ooze than drops.
Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't but I don't consider it a problem as long as they don't leak enough to get juice on my mod.
Vaper towels.

Reactions: Clark Kent

Icaruss

Oct 9, 2015
Portsmouth, UK
I get a slight bubbling noise after a sloppy refill sometimes but it goes away when it vapes off.
Leaking at the afc ring area is more of a light ooze than drops.
Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't but I don't consider it a problem as long as they don't leak enough to get juice on my mod.
Vaper towels.

Thats my current problem as of now. I've been careful with my refill and the bubbling has never gone away. Then again all i've been doing is just do a 2ml refill, and fill it again when it's close to the crown. The minor leaking only happened once, but then again my main gripe is the bubbling. It's a little worrying.

I'll try to get some towels. All i have now is q tips and paper towels.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I am using the RBA base on my crown, love the flavor, probably the best out of all the tanks I've used, just wish I could stop it from leaking, tried different wicking methods, and makes no difference, still leaks when refill and when the tank gets low, maybe it is because I use 50/50 juice, but use that in subtank mini's no problem, so be frustrating if can't figure it out.

Mike Abrams

Account closed on request
    Sep 21, 2015
    New England
    Ive been using the .5 head with a Sig150 at 67 watts. Juice is ITC RY4 at 70vg/30pg. going on three weeks on coil after proper break in.
    Almost the same here, using the dual .50 ss heads at 63 to 65 watts with 70 or 80 pct VG with an IPV 3 Li.

Had no luck at all with the nickel. First 2 burnt quickly and the 3rd produced little vapor. I also find the .25 ss a little hot.

I do prime the coils well, let it sit for awhile and do the 5 dry puffs. I dont think its the mod because my Arctic does not have the TC coil issues. The 3rd coil was from a different batch by the way. I did set the resistance.

How we can buy defective coils and be SOL is beyond me as this happens with no other type of purchase these days.

Anyway, the .50 renewed my liking the Crown. Good but not over the top air flow, just a little abrasive like smoking, plenty of clouds, nice flavor without wet or gurgling, warm but not hot vape so no cough impulse.

Icaruss

Oct 9, 2015
    Portsmouth, UK
    hi guys

1) tips on getting dry hit for 0.25 stock coils? 60watts
    2) spit back issues?

3) tips on properly breaking in these coils ( like the steps )

4) if building an rba what gauge wire is the thickest i can use?

Check Mr.Mann's post on page 33 for question 3. There's a few posts here and there that talked about breaking in the coils. and another Mr.Mann's post in this.

Hope it helps.

sapper12b84

Nov 16, 2014
    Athens, IL
    I wish, thats pretty good for RY4 if its caramel heavy. Time doesn't mean much, how many mls?
    Averaging about 15mls a day. The RY4 from ITC is a light colored RY4. It has worked well in my Subtank Mini, ISub G, and Atlantis V2. I would suspect that the caramel is not as pronounced as other RY4s. Nic level is 3.
    This tank does use a lot more juice than the others in my collection.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    I am using the RBA base on my crown, love the flavor, probably the best out of all the tanks I've used, just wish I could stop it from leaking, tried different wicking methods, and makes no difference, still leaks when refill and when the tank gets low, maybe it is because I use 50/50 juice, but use that in subtank mini's no problem, so be frustrating if can't figure it out.
    Isn't there a clear tiny oring at the bottom of the rba base? I'm currently using the RBA section as well. Like it a lot. Saves on my wallet from buying coils. If you lost the oring just steal one from an old coil. My problem is when I put the wicking too close to the ports, dry hit city complete with burnt wick sky scrapers. Make sure your tank is air tight as well, all sealing o rinGs are in place.

Reactions: Nailz

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 8, 2015
    Somerset, UK
    2.5 weeks or so thus far, still on coil #1 :) 680F @ 105 is where I have landed as a good spot.

Remember when I bought the Black Crown, I'm still on the same coil, I mean how long as it been, got to be a month now surely and it's still going strong, same great taste :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread