Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Ah I guess I'm lucky that the coils I wanted happened to be the only ones in stock. I did search this thread and seems like some people like the 1.2 ohm coils. Of course, since the tank comes with a couple I will be able to try all of them but in general, I prefer a cooler vape.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Reactions: drysprocket

Marinater

Nov 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Did these replacements still have the Black insulator? They used to be White, was curious.

i got a new pack and they have a black insulator (the o rings above the connection rights?)
although..same old same old. i'm very bummed my crown is wonky but when it works it's alright.
good news is my aromamizer rdta should be in next week or so

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
May 1st (ish) the coils that came with the tanks had white vs. black rubber on the bottom ring. These cost more ($24) and were initially what most of the rave reviews and videos were built on. My 1st post on this thread was around this time on page #2.

When the Black tanks came (during late summer) a changed happened and the coils had the black rubber. All of sudden you could score a 4 pack for $12. I don't know what changed, but I suspicion at the time perhaps (MAYBE) they were cheapened a tad. It was slightly after this all the burnt hits and complaints started being common place.

Just theory, I have no proof anything really changed, but I still have boxes of "white" coils and they last longer, hold power better than these new ones. I had hoped bad (black) coils were being switched out for white ones, or maybe white was back as it could have been a different factory that made the better batch and "maybe" they'd switch back (all just speculation).

No one really knows, but I know I can't abuse these new ones at 115/120 watts like I did the old white ones. Don't get me wrong, the tank is still my favorite and is still #1 in my book, but it is frustrating to see the problems.

CROWN.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rangerrobin

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Interesting. All of my coils - .25 / .50 / Ni - have had the black rubber on them. I have never had any issues with any of my coils, but maybe that was just luck so far.

I don't really have any major issues myself with the new ones either, I know how to prime them etc. *BUT* I can tell a difference between them and the older.

burnie71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
South Australia
Interesting. All of my coils - .25 / .50 / Ni - have had the black rubber on them. I have never had any issues with any of my coils, but maybe that was just luck so far.

Same here no problems! all mine have black. I think "o" rings have nothing to do with a few peoples problems, I could be wrong:D

Reactions: inspects

Marinater

Nov 4, 2015
Oklahoma
I don't really have any major issues myself with the new ones either, I know how to prime them etc. *BUT* I can tell a difference between them and the older.

how do u prime it man? could u do a guide..i dont wanna sit another 30 minutes watching the video

Same here no problems! all mine have black. I think "o" rings have nothing to do with a few peoples problems, I could be wrong:D

yup it makes no difference :p

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
So we're agreed. :) I saw their offer and responded, expecting to get a 4 pack box for replacement of some less than perfect coils I had. That I got only two is what it is. ...I keep a few coils as backup. Prefer to roll my own with the RBA deck. Hopefully, won't be buying any more pre-made.
I got the 4 pack....
I only received 2 individual coils as well. I thought I was sending $6 for a 4pack. o_O

ETA: They're faulty too! :-x

Last edited:

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
Crown Killer?

I LOVE LOVE my Crowns - my go-to tanks right now about the Starre Pro and the SMOK TCT.

However, I gotta say that I am very intrigued by the new Sense Herakles Plus, especially after reviews by Twisted and SuckMyMod:

Looks like it is just in pre-order right now but gonna stag one just to compare to my Crown.

-peltz.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I really like my Crown also, I just got the Aromamizer, and it's a great atty too, and I like that its rebuildable - I'm not a fan of the RBA head for the Crown, the air flow is way limited compared to the premade coils.

I did a test, using the Ni200 premade coil in the Crown, and a Ni200 dual coil in the aromamizer - same juice in both. I feel I got better flavor in the Crown, but there is also LESS airflow in the crown compared to the Aromamizer. Right now, I would vote the Crown as being an excellent option for subohm coil replaceable tank. I'm extremely happy with my purchase.

Reactions: smacksy

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Funny. I also just bought the Aromamizer. Hasn't arrived yet but I don't see myself building with dual Ni. Will be trying pre-built Clapton coils in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I tried dual Ni200 claptons last night, some wire from FT (24/32 ni200) at 5 wraps 3mm, and the resistance was so low it showed shorted on my DNA200. I removed 1 coil and ran the aromamizer in single coil mode ni200 clapton (pre-made clapton wire from FT again) and a single coil is 0.05ohm. So dual ni200 claptons was just north of DEAD SHORT ;) When I did finally get it to fire with the dual claptons (ni200) it was DANTES INFERNO hot... fired straight power, no TC - and the atty and drip tip got so insanely hot I can't even describe it. My point - Becareful, that's all I'm saying... It's a small deck on the aromamizer, and its hard to make larger coils fit especially once they're wicked. Not impossible, just tricky. At least it was for me...YMMV

Angus337

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
Just got my Dna200 today, and finally seeing the potential of the crown tank. With the IPV D2 in just dint get up to temperature quick enough. TC with the SS coils is still a bit hit and miss though.

Only problem is that the tank is a bit too much for work, so need something new that is better than a sub stank mini but not puts out less clouds than the crown? Considering the wismec amor plus.

Marinater

Nov 4, 2015
Oklahoma
I really like my Crown also, I just got the Aromamizer, and it's a great atty too, and I like that its rebuildable - I'm not a fan of the RBA head for the Crown, the air flow is way limited compared to the premade coils.

I did a test, using the Ni200 premade coil in the Crown, and a Ni200 dual coil in the aromamizer - same juice in both. I feel I got better flavor in the Crown, but there is also LESS airflow in the crown compared to the Aromamizer. Right now, I would vote the Crown as being an excellent option for subohm coil replaceable tank. I'm extremely happy with my purchase.

are you using the 6 or 3 ml aromamizer?

noob question but how do you test if both boils are firing evenly on tc coils?

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Crown Killer?

I LOVE LOVE my Crowns - my go-to tanks right now about the Starre Pro and the SMOK TCT.

However, I gotta say that I am very intrigued by the new Sense Herakles Plus, especially after reviews by Twisted and SuckMyMod:

Looks like it is just in pre-order right now but gonna stag one just to compare to my Crown.

-peltz.

I love how new versions of new tanks look more like Crown than their previous new versions that were supposed to better than Crown.

However, my comment is if that tank uses the Cyclone coils the flavor will not be as good as the Crown, did not watch full video.

UPDATE

I sent back a batch of coils to Uwell and the sent me back new ones also. They look identical to the others so who knows.

*BUT* they at least made the attempt. Hats off for that.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Ah I guess I'm lucky that the coils I wanted happened to be the only ones in stock. I did search this thread and seems like some people like the 1.2 ohm coils. Of course, since the tank comes with a couple I will be able to try all of them but in general, I prefer a cooler vape.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on how the 1.2's work. I think I'm going to wait for sales next week, but I'm pretty sure I'm going this puppy with some 1.2's if I get the all clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread